The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Franco100

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Aug 20, 2017
Italy
Hi, I wanted to know if there is an online business that gives advice on buying a property, renovating and seeing at a higher price.

Let me explain, could it work, a consulting business for the speculative purchase of a real estate property?

Give at the client all the advice online on how to make no mistakes, precise cost of restructuring, list of possible real estate deals to buy.

Practically advice from a to z for a specific affaire.

Tanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Hi, I wanted to know if there is an online business that gives advice on buying a property, renovating and seeing at a higher price.

Let me explain, could it work, a consulting business for the speculative purchase of a real estate property?

Give at the client all the advice online on how to make no mistakes, precise cost of restructuring, list of possible real estate deals to buy.

Tanks
If you specifically could provide all these services, why would you sell them? Couldn't you make millions using them for yourself? I don't think that you can provide all of these services.

Franco100

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Aug 20, 2017
Italy
If you specifically could provide all these services, why would you sell them? Couldn't you make millions using them for yourself? I don't think that you can provide all of these services.
No, but I can arrange a package of tips to run a series of actions that can give the user security to make a deal 99%

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
Sounds like the service is a cross between a real estate agent and a seasoned investor acting as a mentor.

Acting as a consultant service would be tough to an extent. You're only really worth the money you could possibly save an investor. And even then, are prospective investors willing to marginalize their profits even before a purchase is made?

Last edited:

Franco100

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Aug 20, 2017
Italy
Sounds like the service is a cross between a real estate agent and a seasoned investor acting as a mentor.

Acting as a consultant service would be tough to an extent. You're only really worth the money you could possibly save an investor. And even then, are prospective investors willing to marginalize their profits even before a purchase is made?

-You are right.

- I'm not sure

Franco100

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Aug 20, 2017
Italy
That's quite the contradiction.

Not really possible.

Have you ever flipped a house?

- yes over 10
If you always use the same materials and the same
worker to do the job, you can program the costs with extreme precision
That's quite the contradiction.

Not really possible.

Have you ever flipped a house?

petteri

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 25, 2017
Helsinki

Tanks

Thought something similar earlier. Acting as on buyers side to close the deal. So it must be kind of a consulting business as you propose yourself. You would need to prove your customers of your knowledge and skills somehow. Hope you have some experience already, otherwise finding the first deal would be...hmm... challenging.

As I see it you would get the biggest money on by doing flipping by yourself. Giving only advice will yield minor money for you. So you are kinda "hitchiking" in the process. You go on and use your time on finding the best deals for someone, serving in this sense. So you might actually make some money on this. It could work, of course.

I've got three rental properties that I am managing (owning only 50% of one of these). I've been doing this only for a moment, so I don't possess extensive knowledge of the real estate. Flipping I've got no interest. Purchasing property is +200% easier than selling it. I've got my apartment listed and finding a buyer seems to take...some time. ;)

Were you aiming on commercial side or for the private? Would you consider renovating some of the apartments by yourself first? You could gain experience of what the costs of improving the property actually are!

Franco100

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Aug 20, 2017
Italy
Thought something similar earlier. Acting as on buyers side to close the deal. So it must be kind of a consulting business as you propose yourself. You would need to prove your customers of your knowledge and skills somehow. Hope you have some experience already, otherwise finding the first deal would be...hmm... challenging.

As I see it you would get the biggest money on by doing flipping by yourself. Giving only advice will yield minor money for you. So you are kinda "hitchiking" in the process. You go on and use your time on finding the best deals for someone, serving in this sense. So you might actually make some money on this. It could work, of course.

I've got three rental properties that I am managing (owning only 50% of one of these). I've been doing this only for a moment, so I don't possess extensive knowledge of the real estate. Flipping I've got no interest. Purchasing property is +200% easier than selling it. I've got my apartment listed and finding a buyer seems to take...some time. ;)

Were you aiming on commercial side or for the private? Would you consider renovating some of the apartments by yourself first? You could gain experience of what the costs of improving the property actually are!
Thank you Pettery for your comments I have been very useful.

Franco100

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Aug 20, 2017
Italy
There are LOTS of businesses that do this. Trump University, FortuneBuilders, Armando Montelongo, Dave Lindahl, Robert Kiyosaki and plenty of others have (and some still do) charge up to $45,000 per student for real estate training. According to some reports, these companies can make tens of millions of dollars per year. Most of them are utter crap, in my experience (though I don't know about all of them).

That said, I also personally know of a half-dozen real estate training professionals who charge between $5,000 and $15,000 per year and actually offer some pretty good material. A couple of them are making 7-figures and the rest are close to that level of income.

And there are plenty of people like me who have websites, blogs, books, videos and lots of free or low-cost materials. While I've never done training professionally (I still make more money actually investing in real estate), most people are pretty surprised when they find out how much income I generate from my "free" and low-cost stuff. If you can put out good material, people will pay for it.

So, the answer is YES, you can make money doing this. But, unless you're a real estate expert yourself -- or an expert marketer who can surround himself with real estate experts -- you're going to find that it's difficult to compete with many of the existing programs and coaches out there who have been doing this professionally for a long time.

Ok thanks for the help you are offering me.
The project is more complex, I try to explain it better.

Very often people are afraid to buy a property, because it scares them to deal with the restructuring, many others wish to make business in the real estate market, but they have heard that there are many hidden costs and many risks.

Questions for which users often find no answer are: how much should I pay for taxes? Are there hidden costs? How much does the renovation work cost exactly? How can I be aware of any unforeseen events? How much is the maximum price so that I can buy the property? Where can I buy materials for the best price? What materials should I use? How to (if necessary) divide environments?
I do not offer boring long and expensive courses. I offer to do a good deal that I myself would do in my place is my job.
I can give you certain answers to these questions.
I can teach how to do it, or commission the job.
If I can do this for sure. I tell you which property to buy. How much and what expenditures to support. How to resell the property. If I can tell you with a modest margin of error, how much will your final gain be. If I can document my good faith with the feedbak of people who have entrusted me, and attest to the truthfulness of what I support with market data. Will you pay my job? If what percentage of the gain you get? Whether or not you offered the satisfied or refunded formula?

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
Ok thanks for the help you are offering me.
The project is more complex, I try to explain it better.

Very often people are afraid to buy a property, because it scares them to deal with the restructuring, many others wish to make business in the real estate market, but they have heard that there are many hidden costs and many risks.

Questions for which users often find no answer are: how much should I pay for taxes? Are there hidden costs? How much does the renovation work cost exactly? How can I be aware of any unforeseen events? How much is the maximum price so that I can buy the property? Where can I buy materials for the best price? What materials should I use? How to (if necessary) divide environments?
I do not offer boring long and expensive courses. I offer to do a good deal that I myself would do in my place is my job.
I can give you certain answers to these questions.
I can teach how to do it, or commission the job.
If I can do this for sure. I tell you which property to buy. How much and what expenditures to support. How to resell the property. If I can tell you with a modest margin of error, how much will your final gain be. If I can document my good faith with the feedbak of people who have entrusted me, and attest to the truthfulness of what I support with market data. Will you pay my job? If what percentage of the gain you get? Whether or not you offered the satisfied or refunded formula?

There's a colleague I know of doing pretty much what you've mentioned in the specific niche of corporate real estate.

There are quite a few firms that do real estate advising/consulting in the US. I don't know of many residential firms, but then again, that's kind of what real estate agents are for - to an extent.

Every housing market is different, so it might work wherever you're based. I know nothing of the Mediterranean housing market, so I'm no help there.

Like others have mentioned, if you want to do something like this, you have better done it yourself or have someone on staff who has. And if that's the case, then you probably won't be consulting others but rather your own investments.

Franco100

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Aug 20, 2017
Italy
Yes, like I said, there are LOTS of people who offer this in the form of courses, seminars, coaching and training. All of the companies I mentioned above claim to offer this type of education and consulting, and I probably know 100 other people who are in this same business on a smaller scale.

I've actually written books that answer all of these questions, and they have sold over 100,000 copies -- so it's definitely possible to make money answering these questions.

Again, to be successful in this business, you need the real estate expertise and you need to be able to market your services well to convince people to pay YOU instead of paying someone else.

Thank you J Scott, did you really write about this? I would love to read your books, where can I find them?
Our strength is precisely this, they all talked or wrote, but none of them did by Coaching step by step every action until the result, and no one gave them the concrete elements, such as what is the property to buy exactly , How much to pay, how much to pay for the work, the contract with the warranties written for that affair, at what price to resell.
No one (I think) offered a full service from a to z.
We can do it at a cost of limited time because we do it for us, in practice we offer the customer to replace us in a well-defined and well-analyzed deal, he just has to put the money and do what we would have done to us and then Get the gain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.