What's new

Trademarking

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

RealDreams

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jun 22, 2018
Messages
389
Rep Bank
$3,078
User Power: 353%
I've been building an online business for 3 months (no, it's not a blog/dropshipping website). I predict it will take me another 3-4 months to complete.
I was wondering, should I register the trademark right away or wait for the first customers/users before?

I've read it takes 12-18 months to file a US trademark so it's pretty much a gamble because if your service explodes the probability of someone stealing your logo/name/brand gets higher and higher. Of course, I'm not saying it will explode after 2 days I release my website, but growth is more often than not unexpected and non-linear.

I don't know if this counts as action-faking or thinking of a problem I don't have, but I don't know any good company who has not trademarked their business from the very beginning. I think there's a good correlation between someone trademarking their company and the success they acquire. Trademarking your business is a sign of commitment to making it work, whilst waiting for customers to arrive and only then trademarking screams "I don't fully believe my business will take off so I'm just taking chances and waiting". Obviously, this is just my opinion and more of subconscious thought.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Xjivjis us puv zua gopotj aq sihotvisoph zuas vsefinesl zua tjuamf onnifoevimz tveli e dmeon vu ov cz atoph vji tzncum ™.
Vjev tzncum tiswit et e xespoph vjev zua uxp vji nesl epf xomm figipf ov eheoptv vsitqettist. Ov't puv et tidasi et e sihotvisif nesl, cav ov fuit ipecmi zua vu dmeon gostv ati.

Xemvis
Q.T. O en puv qsuwofoph mihem efwodi.
 
O dep jimq zua xovj vsefinesloph og zua dep fu ov vjsuahj vji tvevi ug Viyet.

O eqqmoif gus (epf taddittgammz sidiowif) nz uxp vsefinesl gus nz csepf xovj pu evvuspiz us uvjis jimq.

O’n tasi O dep fu vji teni gus zua.
 
Xjivjis us puv zua gopotj aq sihotvisoph zuas vsefinesl zua tjuamf onnifoevimz tveli e dmeon vu ov cz atoph vji tzncum ™.
Vjev tzncum tiswit et e xespoph vjev zua uxp vji nesl epf xomm figipf ov eheoptv vsitqettist. Ov't puv et tidasi et e sihotvisif nesl, cav ov fuit ipecmi zua vu dmeon gostv ati.

Xemvis
Q.T. O en puv qsuwofoph mihem efwodi.
Vjepl zua. Xupfisoph og vji ® duapvt et ximm?

O dep jimq zua xovj vsefinesloph og zua dep fu ov vjsuahj vji tvevi ug Viyet.

O eqqmoif gus (epf taddittgammz sidiowif) nz uxp vsefinesl gus nz csepf xovj pu evvuspiz us uvjis jimq.

O’n tasi O dep fu vji teni gus zua.
O'n cetif op Iasuqi apgusvapevimz cav xet vjoploph ug vsefinesloph gus vji AT epzxez
 
Vjepl zua. Xupfisoph og vji ® duapvt et ximm?

Vji ® tzncum deppuv ci atif apmitt vji vsefinesl ot sihotvisif. Atoph ov duamf ci dmettif et gseaf.

Xemvis
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom