BizyDad
Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
I'm overthinking this. Someone knock some sense into me. I am largely ignorant of trademark issues.
I have come up with a new term for the service my agency provides. A tagline, a catchphrase, that kind of thing.
I want to trademark it.
Do I file the trademark under my company, in which I have a partner and we still occasionally discuss the possibility of going our separate ways (Likely won't happen, but we don't know the future. I don't want to discuss how to "fix" it. I just want trademark advice )
Or do I file the trademark under a separate entity that is mine? If this, then how does the trademark application get affected by the fact that my joint company is already using the term?
I have come up with a new term for the service my agency provides. A tagline, a catchphrase, that kind of thing.
I want to trademark it.
Do I file the trademark under my company, in which I have a partner and we still occasionally discuss the possibility of going our separate ways (Likely won't happen, but we don't know the future. I don't want to discuss how to "fix" it. I just want trademark advice )
Or do I file the trademark under a separate entity that is mine? If this, then how does the trademark application get affected by the fact that my joint company is already using the term?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
