The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Too selfish for Love?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I don't think I will ever be in a real legit relationship, since I'm too selfish for love. I know people make compromises in relationships, and put the other person as number 1. But I don't think I will ever be able to do that, so I will be forever lonely. Well I can be in a relationship, but anything sexual is utterly boring to me. I can kiss guys and feel like it's nothing. It's like I am not even human because I just don't feel "it", I don't feel love for people, and I am just void of those feelings. I think I am asexual.

Selfish for money, success, looks, everything... except the funny thing, I don't know what I want with the money? Money is like just something I want, like a video game coins I guess.

Is anyone too selfish to be a legit relationship?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Texan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 8, 2012
Texas
Lights, I think anyone can change. I have been married 8 years and yes I compromise. But I think I do because I gain so much. Literally, in my relationship I get more than I give. My wife thinks the same thing. I know it isn't that way for everyone, but it works for us :) That's just my two cents :)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
If you're really the way you portray yourself on the Internet... then probably, yeah. Some people are simply not ready to be in a relationship, and that's ok.

Never is too strong a word to ever be used, except in extreme circumstances. People change until they die. And that's the way it's supposed to be.

Also, nothing wrong with being asexual! Asexuals can have romantic relationships, too. It really depends on the kind of person you are. There's more to life than romance and sex, just like there's more to life than money and success.

When in a relationship, you don't put the other person as number 1. It's a partnership, in life, love, sex, and sometimes business. (Personally, I prefer to keep my personal relationships away from business, which is why I would never accept a partnership with a friend or a lover.) I only put my girlfriend before me when it's worth it to the both of us to do so.

You seem to me, to be taken over completely by egoic obsessions and due to that, I don't think you'll be happy anytime soon. You obsess with your looks (which are fragile: one bad accident and they'll be gone forever), money, success, fame, recognition, all those things, as if they will bring you happiness. But it's OK, because you, like me, are still young and have quite a bit to learn about life, and in order to learn it, you have to have it happen to you.

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
I don't think I will ever be in a real legit relationship, since I'm too selfish for love. I know people make compromises in relationships, and put the other person as number 1. But I don't think I will ever be able to do that, so I will be forever lonely. Well I can be in a relationship, but anything sexual is utterly boring to me. I can kiss guys and feel like it's nothing. It's like I am not even human because I just don't feel "it", I don't feel love for people, and I am just void of those feelings. I think I am asexual.

Selfish for money, success, looks, everything... except the funny thing, I don't know what I want with the money? Money is like just something I want, like a video game coins I guess.

Is anyone too selfish to be a legit relationship?

Sounds like an insecurity issue manifesting through indifference, especially because you came here to validate your supposed indifference. But, giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that's how you really feel, that's fine. Just don't get into a relationship if you don't want one. Simple.

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
Lights, i dont know if i have any good advice for you, but ill let you know what i think anyway for whatever its worth.
This is a business/entrepreneur forum...but ive seen enough posts from you that youve stood out to me and seem a bit nuts. Most of them are little to do with advice on how to built your website, do your marketing etc and everything to do with your thoughts and feelings about boys, relationships, how superior you feel compared to the masses etc to the point that i feel you obsess over this sort of stuff constantly.
Ill be honest, i think im smarter than the average bear...perhaps im a bit arrogant too, but noone has really told me thats how i come across and I have some evidence to back up my claims (e.g studying @ #2 ranked uni in the UK). Im a bit cold hearted too and not in a relationship- perhaps as a result. Sometimes i think about girls I like, my relationships with my friends and family but still, i dont go telling everyone how i feel like it and asking for relationship advice on business forums.
Sorry if this isnt useful, just my 2 cents as they say

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
How can anyone take Lights serious? I don't get it.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
I take nothing he/she says serious. As silly as it sounds, I'm close to hitting the ignore button...

lookingahead

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 21, 2010
You might be asexual, but that is when you not sexual aroused by the opposite/same sex. Don't worry about relationships right now, your 16. You have a LONG time ahead of you to look for relationships. I'm 21 and I have been single for 7 years, I'm like you. I don't care about relationships, I feel nothing for them. I am selfish and I know it, but that's because I have goals in my life I want to accomplish before I think about anything else.

I think your not too selfish for a relationship, I think you have your mind on other things that are more important to you then a relationship. Give it time, you never know what will happen or who will come along. It just takes one person to make, or help, you feel everything you never thought you'd feel.

Don't completely erase the idea of falling in love or finding someone. If you do, then you never will experience it. Stay open to it and continue on with your goals in life. Oh and don't worry about the sexual side of the relationship. That's not what a relationship is about, the sexual side is a bonus.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I think Lights is actually, like, 20.

But I don't even know if Lights is a real person or just a troll.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Come to think of it I have yet to remember or hear a fastlane business idea from lights? Are you (lights) working on a biz or biz idea???

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.