The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Today Marks My 2nd Rebirth

Phoenix3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 11, 2018
Houston
Good evening Fastlane Friends,
I'm John from Houston. I'm 37 and married to an awesome wife and have 3 amazing kids. I am blessed beyond measure...but I have an imbalance in my life.

While I am well compensated for my work, demands of my career have ever so slowly consumed me. I leave for work and it's dark and by the time I get home it's dark. Sometimes I take 4am meetings or at 10pm because that's what you get with a global employer. There are more times I eat dinner alone than with my family because they went to bed. There are days where I leave before my kids wake and they are asleep by the time I get home. I've missed milestones in my kids lives and I hate it. I'm tired building someone else's dreams.

This imbalance has caused me to take a deep look at my life and ask tough questions about what I believe, what I want and to examine if my actions have me set on the path to achieve my goals.

I have to admit that I was off course, but I'm fixing that today.

I am here because I want to build, create, and do things that help make people's lives better.

I am here to learn to be more effective in future pursuits.

I am here to be with like minded people who hold each other up to be mutually accountable.

While I may be an employee at the moment, Ive been reborn as an entrepreneur.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Welcome! Whats the plan?

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Welcome to the forum John.
Whatever happens, I hope you will change things to be able to have more time with your family. You can do it !

Last edited:

Phoenix3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 11, 2018
Houston
Welcoem to the forum John.
Whatever happens, I hope you will change things to be able to have more time with your family. You can do it !
Thank you Jeff. And thanks MJ for your books. They are life changing.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum.

I did some PPC management, and one of the problems I found is that life insurance agents (and other insurance agents for that matter) don't have a lot of leeway in their marketing material. In general I don't think they are permitted to do their own, unless they get buy in from their corporate overlords.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just sharing a problem you'll have to solve and probably one common objection you'll get during the sales process.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the intro, what makes you think there is a market in the insurance space?

And thanks MJ for your books. They are life changing.

You're welcome!

Phoenix3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 11, 2018
Houston
Welcome to the forum.

I did some PPC management, and one of the problems I found is that life insurance agents (and other insurance agents for that matter) don't have a lot of leeway in their marketing material. In general I don't think they are permitted to do their own, unless they get buy in from their corporate overlords.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just sharing a problem you'll have to solve and probably one common objection you'll get during the sales process.

Thanks Lowtek, I'm actually counting on that as a barrier to entry given each state has specific insurance guidelines for marketing set forth in a state's insurance code.

True I dont see captive agents as my target but certainly independent agents and agencies.

Phoenix3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 11, 2018
Houston
Thanks for the intro, what makes you think there is a market in the insurance space?

You're welcome!

Hi MJ! Man, thank you for your books.

So I think there's an opportunity here because independent agents dont have huge marketing departments like career agencies (ex: New York Life). My working assumption is most independent agents spend most of their time prospecting and not selling. The value proposition is let me feed you leads while you spend your time selling and helping families.

I think it's a win for them and a win for me. Next, I need to soft prove my assumption.

Thanks again MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...