YoungPadawan
Miles to go before I sleep
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Nov 7, 2015
- Messages
- 497
Rep Bank
$2,025
$2,025
User Power: 282%
So a question to you all...
For those that have "made it," was your first successful venture something you created just to get by - just to quit your day job? Or was it something that you started that you wanted to create a legacy? The thing that your life would be remembered for.
For those that haven't "made it" yet, are you working on something that you truly believe will change the world, or is it something that you're doing to quit your day job?
This is something I've kind of struggled with. I want to create something that lasts for hundreds of years. But right now, I have yet to quit my day job.
I've been developing a product that I believe is better than what is already out there. I'm almost finished with it, I've imported parts of the product, and I hope to list it on my own ecommerce store within the next 3 months. (hopefully)
The thing is - I'm not really too crazy about the niche that it's in. I don't know if I should just license the product to a larger site, or build other potentially superior products in the same niche and continue to fill out the website, even though I'm not all that passionate about it.
I know, I know... DON'T FOLLOW YOUR PASSION. But this isn't just about following your passion. This is about spending years of your life on something that you really don't care about. Something that won't affect your legacy. The thing that you will be remembered for when you are dead and gone.
What are your thoughts? Should I just license this product out - hopefully getting a few hundred bucks profit a month, or build a full-blown brand?
For those that have "made it," was your first successful venture something you created just to get by - just to quit your day job? Or was it something that you started that you wanted to create a legacy? The thing that your life would be remembered for.
For those that haven't "made it" yet, are you working on something that you truly believe will change the world, or is it something that you're doing to quit your day job?
This is something I've kind of struggled with. I want to create something that lasts for hundreds of years. But right now, I have yet to quit my day job.
I've been developing a product that I believe is better than what is already out there. I'm almost finished with it, I've imported parts of the product, and I hope to list it on my own ecommerce store within the next 3 months. (hopefully)
The thing is - I'm not really too crazy about the niche that it's in. I don't know if I should just license the product to a larger site, or build other potentially superior products in the same niche and continue to fill out the website, even though I'm not all that passionate about it.
I know, I know... DON'T FOLLOW YOUR PASSION. But this isn't just about following your passion. This is about spending years of your life on something that you really don't care about. Something that won't affect your legacy. The thing that you will be remembered for when you are dead and gone.
What are your thoughts? Should I just license this product out - hopefully getting a few hundred bucks profit a month, or build a full-blown brand?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
