The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

NorthItalyGuy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Oct 25, 2018
I am 22 years old and I have been doing a shitty job for two years from now.
But the real question is:
What led me to become a grastronomist in the most important supermarket company in my area?(my first and until now unique job)
Well, i think my past choices. (and yes @MJ DeMarco , if you wonder how do the gastronomist at the supermarket would be like, IT IS A TOTAL SHIT!)
I spend my time serving unpleasant old people slicing hams, cutting cheeses and putting F*cking stuffed yogurt in the fridge!

Now I realized that the real reason why I did not engage in school was not what I thought, i think am not completely a stupid person.
It was as if I unconsciously rejected what was being offered to me: A scholastic indoctrination.
Unconsciously, I knew that on the road I wanted to take, those subjects would not have served me, the professors would give me what I did not care about. It was a wasted effort.
I had dreams out of the ordinary and what was being proposed to me were notions and tools to become an ordinary person. I wanted at all costs not to be like the others, that's why every time I tried to commit myself more to the end, I would have failed. I did not know my way but I knew very well what I did not want to become: The road to mediocrity. I would have liked to know at that age that the material that would take me on the road I had chosen was not on those school books.

I hope that the choice to read this book, and to register in this forum represent for me the first steps to enter the team of producers.

Hello everybody! I'm Christian from north italy!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard!

Thanks, I learned a new word today. I had no idea what a grastronomist is.

I'm a firm believer that how you do one thing is how you do everything. If you think your customers at the supermarket are stuffy, what leads you to believe you won't think the same thing of the customers of whatever business you aspire to start?

Do you think income is the deciding factor in your attitude? If so, I've got bad news for you. Most business owners don't make a dime their first couple years, at least not if they want to survive in the long run.

If you want long term success, I'd recommend taking a look at your mindset.

NorthItalyGuy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Oct 25, 2018
Thanks for the welcome.

You are right on this, customer service is important.
but my disapproval about being "a cog in the system" do not necessarily reflect the way I manage clients at work, not even what I think of them or the way i approach with their figure in practical terms.
in fact I was told how to handle complaints in some courses organized by the company and I was told that i'm pretty good at it.

I don't think income is the deciding factor in your attitude, but a decision-making factor for a person's future is his mentality: slowlane or fastlane.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
When you are truly and sincere about being sick & tired of being sick & tired, there is a 75% chance you might change. Talking about being sick & tired of your life doesn't accomplish anything. I know you just got here but keep that in mind as you move forward. Good luck!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
When you are truly and sincere about being sick & tired of being sick & tired, there is a 75% chance you might change. Talking about being sick & tired of your life doesn't accomplish anything. I know you just got here but keep that in mind as you move forward. Good luck!
anchorman-60percent-png.353628

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I am 22 years old and I have been doing a sh*tty job for two years from now.
But the real question is:
What led me to become a grastronomist in the most important supermarket company in my area?(my first and until now unique job)
Well, i think my past choices. (and yes @MJ DeMarco , if you wonder how do the gastronomist at the supermarket would be like, IT IS A TOTAL sh*t!)
I spend my time serving unpleasant old people slicing hams, cutting cheeses and putting f*cking stuffed yogurt in the fridge!

Now I realized that the real reason why I did not engage in school was not what I thought, i think am not completely a stupid person.
It was as if I unconsciously rejected what was being offered to me: A scholastic indoctrination.
Unconsciously, I knew that on the road I wanted to take, those subjects would not have served me, the professors would give me what I did not care about. It was a wasted effort.
I had dreams out of the ordinary and what was being proposed to me were notions and tools to become an ordinary person. I wanted at all costs not to be like the others, that's why every time I tried to commit myself more to the end, I would have failed. I did not know my way but I knew very well what I did not want to become: The road to mediocrity. I would have liked to know at that age that the material that would take me on the road I had chosen was not on those school books.

I hope that the choice to read this book, and to register in this forum represent for me the first steps to enter the team of producers.

Hello everybody! I'm Christian from north italy!

You joined a forum.

You made a post.

What changed in your life?

Not shit. You're still serving assholes their sliced ham.

If you want to change your life, you need to take control. You need to stop lying to yourself. You need to make a plan for growth. And after you make that plan, you need to EXECUTE.

You dropped out of university because you don't want a life of mediocrity? Boo F*cking hoo. Now you're working in a supermarket. If you don't create a plan and start taking action soon, then get ready, because the life of mediocrity is what's awaiting you.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
If you want to change your life, you need to take control. You need to stop lying to yourself. You need to make a plan for growth. And after you make that plan, you need to EXECUTE.

This is just enough for a complete advice on leaving a mediocre life.

Sentence can be easily convert into Quote to remember.

2 points for me here is to stop lying to myself and Execute (i do them though. But need to do more.)

No. It is not the first step.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Welcome to the forums !

How much have you done since registering ?
I'm not doubting in you, but I'm asking because writing the things you have accomplished already (and executed) is a great way to pat yourself on the back and keep going. You don't have to write it here, just make a list for yourself of what you did and what else you need to do short term, mid term and long term.

Keep going !

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard my friend.

It's a start, but its like running 10 feet in a 10K marathon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...