The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time to Short Crox?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
So who wants to run the numbers on, say, 10 put contracts bought last week -- what would they be worth now? ROI?

I think this is a good time to jump back in to CROX. I picked up November $50 call options @ $2.50 today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
I think this is a good time to jump back in to CROX. I picked up November $50 call options @ $2.50 today.

Peter,
I am not touching CROX but if a gun was put to my head to take a position, it would be more puts (a couple months out). Calls may work very short term (next few weeks) but the trend has snapped and stocks typically travel in the same direction long term.

Buy hey, I am not touching it so my outlook doesn't matter.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007

Nice. W/O a doubt they will be trading at $50 soon. Excellent time to pick some up, especially with the hot new Mammoth line being available for the holiday season. LOL, I don't understand how people can wear these things :rofl:.

I am going to start a web site dedicated to Crocs spotting.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Nice. W/O a doubt they will be trading at $50 soon. Excellent time to pick some up, especially with the hot new Mammoth line being available for the holiday season. LOL, I don't understand how people can wear these things :rofl:.

I am going to start a web site dedicated to Crocs spotting.

Well, it looks as if they already did that :smx4:.

Stevenh

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 1, 2007
I think the short on Crox was a great play by those who made it and I'm pretty upset with myself for not being on board... Does anyone have any opinions on what the next high flying stock to take a dump might be? I'm willing to bet Chipotle is due for a decent correction in the next 4-6 months, but still haven't dove in and bought my puts yet.

Stevenh

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 1, 2007
I'm willing to bet Chipotle is due for a decent correction in the next 4-6 months, but still haven't dove in and bought my puts yet.

Anyone make this bet? Earnings just came out and they are getting killed after hours... They were at $155 at the end of December and are trading under $95 at the moment.

I missed by a month and my Jan $120 puts did just about nothing for me :(

Stevenh

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 1, 2007
Anyone make this bet? Earnings just came out and they are getting killed after hours... They were at $155 at the end of December and are trading under $95 at the moment.

I missed by a month and my Jan $120 puts did just about nothing for me :(

EDIT: forgot to put in a few of these guys :bgh::bgh::bgh::bgh::bgh::bgh::bgh:

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
9/5/07:
I (personally) wouldn't look to pick a top but if I did, i would wait until it was below the 50-day moving average (at the least).

I do see one thing on the charts: a gap that hasn't filled from May in the low $30 range. In my 10 years of trading, I know this: most gaps fill and do so within a year.

We'll see.

Take a look - the gap completely filled eight months later. This adds to the theory from my 10 years of trading. Another gap successfully filled within the year.

Also, the drop below the 50-day moving avergage was the beginning of the end for new highs.

imirza - I am not picking on you but you basically picked the top for us. It wasn't a short yet on 10/2/07 when you made the quote below but you were trading with your heart, not your head. I hope you sold when it broke down and remember , there is no SAFE bet!

Looks to me like CROX is breaking out. With the market at all time highs , a run to $100 is probably a very safe bet. I would think we get there before January. From a technical perspective there was a bullish MACD crossover last week. The 50 moving average held support. A very safe place to go long.

For all those who think CROX is a fad, look at the people who probably filed BK trying to short HANS. I'm sure there were many who though energy drinks were a fad.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
Wow - shorts have had a nice 6 months with this one, and a great day today.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Now, I see CROX setting up in a similar type position.

Is the fad over and will the stock soon follow?

I was in Tuesday morning on Saturday, and they had the knock-offs for $8.99 a pair... I can't believe Crocs is still trying to charge people $30 bucks a pop for these suckers. I think all the cheap imitations are definitely hurting them and stealing tons of market share.

What's with the super low P/E ratio? Looks like they are still making plenty of money... Maybe now they are a buy again?

- Hakrjak

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Yes, and the imitation's are better quality !

Why don't you just send your money this way :).

Think of economic elasticity here....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
UPDATE: This stock now trades at around a buck ... actually fell under $1 today.

CorsePerVita

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 24, 2008
Cool resurrection, it's interesting to see how things play out. I got out just in time before crox burned everyone last year.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK
Seems to me like they were putting all the eggs in the same basket (or however it goes).Did they only have this one product? Was the company built on that? A grocery store would never survive by selling only one product.Maybe I'm wrong about them.I don't know too much about them. I feel a sense of irony that I'm wearing Crocs while typing this ;)

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ

hopefully you have that short still in place....

my wife actually decided buy Mickey Mouse Crocs for the kids today.... ever since being in disney has the kids roaring for Mickey this and Mickey that everywhere we go, it seemed appropriate. Anyway, I think there's a lesson to be learned from the company's mistake(s):

1. Crocs really needed to diversify their product line (besides other fads)
2. Instead of using the capital to expand into new markets, they invested within their own supply chain
3. Was there a hedge in place?
4. They went from nothing (literally) to hundred million dollar profits.... it's easy to lose sight for longevity, especially in a very robust economy.

The more I think about this, the more I realize these are mistakes that I've made. Unfortunately, they're very common. Fortunately, we learn from them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.