The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time to Introduce Myself!

_Seba_

AAA
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 24, 2015
Germany
First of all.. thank you MJ. Although you don’t know me, through your book you are one of the most influential people in my life.

I first read TMF when I was 19 and still in school. A friend gave it to me and it changed my whole perspective on the economic world. My friend and I started flipping items like videogames and calculators and we made the first money on ourselves. I also created an ebook in self help and sold it around 70 times. No big money, but I remember when I sold the first copy on kdp and it totally flashed me.

Then I graduated from school and.. was too afraid on actually going into the Fastlane. I made an apprenticeship as a salesman on a German premium car brand but soon realized that this is not a route to success. I remember when my supervisor showed me his paycheck about 1.800€ and thought he was a big fish, told me I can reach that as well. I was like.. “1.8k. Are you f*ckn serious??”. 3 weeks later I left the company.

First I had no idea what to do with my life and tried many different things like being a Teacher, working for a big travel company, going to University and so on, but there was always a reason not to do these things for life: Limitations

I got really frustrated about the failures, but the real FTE was at the lowest point in my life. It was New Years Eve 2019/2020 and I had no real job, no money, no plan and lived with my girlfriend on the attic of her parents. I felt like I’ll never reach anything in life. But I made a decision.

I decided to not going to University, not going for a regular life and finally started to believe in myself to join the entrepreneurial route. And because I didn’t give a f*ck at this point anyway, I shaved my head to make the commitment that I no longer try to be normal.

From this point, my life turned. First steps where selling my Xbox and Nintendo and I decided to get a job so I can leave the damn attic.
I got a job as a driver for beverages and worked around 180 hours/month. I hated it but it was also nice because for the vast majority I was on the streets with no boss around me, listened to podcasts and audiobooks. I also got around 30% of the paycheck extra in tips from the people I served. (Highly recommended entry lvl job!)

When I came home I took 2 hours every evening to read about business and psychology and learned English. On the weekends, I flipped more expensive stuff like iPhones, projectors and Playstations to make some extra cash. I repeated this process for 8 months and finally had enough money to move into a 2 bedroom apartment.

Then my friend from school looked for someone to hire. Considering his age he is a beast of an entrepreneur and while I struggled in life, he build an E-commerce business making midsize five figures in revenue to this point. I got the job from him and because we were only 2 people in this company, I learned everything about this E-Commerce, from logistics and sourcing to sales, Seo and customer support. This also was my first location independent job and I enjoyed this freedom from the beginning. We also did really well when the pandemic came and increased the revenue many times over.

Now I feel in the best position to start my own path. I have 6 months+ of living costs in savings, live pretty well but on low costs and have a good amount of real world experience. I decided 1 month ago to learn graphic design as an own skill because I think I can add this useful to my current skillset and I think basic SEO + Graphic Design are core online skills. Actual steps are to raise my skillset so I can build some capital, then I’ll decide if I build an own business in E-Commerce or SaaS.

I’m here to make new friends, learn from your experience and help where I can.

Cheers!

Seba

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro Seba, welcome aboard my friend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...