The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This dude is NOT Fastlane...

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
I mean seriously - this is obviously a hugely talented person. It's sad...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
He's been going through some horrible losses since Christmas... I don't think he's learning his lessons though, not yet at least...

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
this dude said he'd slap the shit outta ghost face killah
http://bgr.com/2016/02/03/martin-shkreli-vs-ghostface-killah-feud/

M1JSAIr.gif

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Shrekli fills the role of the evil capitalist perfectly. The media needs a villain and he's it.

thoughts??

Sorry but i stopped listening after he started justifying the price increase of the drug. As if the quantity of people "affected" really matters. I'm sure he wouldn't want his mother or his sister paying $800 a freaking pill -- but never mind that, only a few people buy the drug so it's OK.

Guy's a weasel.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Shrekli fills the role of the evil capitalist perfectly. The media needs a villain and he's it.

Sorry but i stopped listening after he started justifying the price increase of the drug. As if the quantity of people "affected" really matters. I'm sure he wouldn't want his mother or his sister paying $800 a freaking pill -- but never mind that, only a few people buy the drug so it's OK.

Guy's a weasel.

i thought his whole point was that he sells the high prices to stores like Walmart, CVS, etc and that the insurance is hardly affected due to the volume in the industry. so people's insurance would cover the price, and those who dont have insurance would be given the pill for free. then 60% of the profit goes to research which is a much higher ratio compared to other Pharma companies.

but i could be mistaken as i only watched once.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Guy's a weasel.

If you don't have insurance he gives it out free.

He is spending most of the profit trying to develop a version of the pill with much less sides, which none of the other companies did.

He's still painful to watch, autistic or something

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
that the insurance is hardly affected
If you don't have insurance he gives it out free.

Yes but insurance companies pass along costs to the consumer. If anyone thinks an $800 pill doesn't trickle down to the consumer in the form of higher insurance costs, rates, etc., they're naive. I always find it amusing how people think higher business costs somehow doesn't make it's way down the pipeline to the customer. (Despite the contention of it going into research) This is why the $15/hour minimum wage crowd has the intellectual capacity of four gold fish wired together by a copper wire.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA

Shrekli? Whatchoo talkin bout MJ?

gWJCB9P.jpg

Edit: cringe after seeing this again, late night. Was watching h3 h3's "modern art" video and got a little too inspired.

Last edited:

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Yes but insurance companies pass along costs to the consumer. If anyone thinks an $800 pill doesn't trickle down to the consumer in the form of higher insurance costs, rates, etc., they're naive. I always find it amusing how people think higher business costs somehow doesn't make it's way down the pipeline to the customer. (Despite the contention of it going into research) This is why the $15/hour minimum wage crowd has the intellectual capacity of four gold fish wired together by a copper wire.

I know little about how insurance companies calculate premiums but wouldn't the cost of daraprim be miniscule, practically a rounding error in the context of the healthcare industry where overinflated drug costs & extrodinate doctor's fees is already the norm.

Would it really affect premiums?

dollars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 26, 2016
You don't have to like or admire the guy, but you have to give him SOME credit, in my opinion.

He grew up in a poor area in Brooklyn with two immigrant janitor parents. He attended the nearby high school for gifted students, but dropped out when he was 17 to go and work at a hedge fund. After 4 years (the time the average person would be graduating college), he started his own hedge fund, where all of these problems started.

Also, he spends a lot of time streaming finance and chemistry tutorial videos on YouTube. I'm guilty of watching one... and in it he said something like how making $3m in 50 years off compound interest would not be a good amount, which made me happy.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
I haven't kept up to date on this guy's shenanigans, mostly because I have more interesting things to do (watch my grass grow, doodle, etc.) but, I mean, is everyone forgetting he got arrested for running a ponzi-scheme? Yeah, great guy. I'm sure it was all justifiable, though.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
I haven't kept up to date on this guy's shenanigans, mostly because I have more interesting things to do (watch my grass grow, doodle, etc.) but, I mean, is everyone forgetting he got arrested for running a ponzi-scheme? Yeah, great guy. I'm sure it was all justifiable, though.

most likely a bunk charge to throw him off

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
i dont think he ran a ponzi scheme. he seems legit, just price gouging.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
When you force the market to accept a lower value product than the competition offers because of your power or influence, I call that "Comcasting."

<This message sent on the fastest internet connection available at my address at any price, which is way the hell slower than it has any business being>
HA! I almost fell out of my chair.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This is an example of where being a complete a**hole gets you.

I have been trying to figure out what all happened here that made the case against him. A normal person would have not gone to prison for what he did. He went to prison because he shit on everyone, and was so unbelieveably cocky the judge and jury couldn’t help, but find him guilty.

Don’t be like this douche.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
His case was never about what he did with the prescription drugs. That is just what gave him the bad reputation throughout the world. Apparently, doing what he did is completely legal.

He got arrested for defrauding his investors in both of the hedge funds that he operated and then tried to repay them with stock and cash from the pharmaceutical company that he created. He was claiming that the hedge funds were low risk and doing really well when, in fact, they were not. When some investors wanted their money back, he blew them off and tried to offer other ways to give them back their money. I also read that he had hid a lot of shares that he owned by not reporting them, but I can't seem to find where I read that.

I don't condone anything he did, but I do have to say that the one thing that really irritated me was when one of the prosecutors made the comment, “What motivates Martin Shkreli is his own image,” Kasulis said. “He can’t just be an average person who fails, like the rest of us...He needs to be mythical, He needs to be larger than life.”

I really hate that mentality to try to pander to the "average person." The prosecutor was obviously trying to make him out to look evil, but beyond what Shkreli did and beyond his reputation and personality, I think Shkreli was super intelligent. He just didn't completely use it the right way.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, 2 bro-marketers in 1 week, we on a roll!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
And he was convicted of fraud; sentenced to 7 years; he cried in court when he was sentenced...

People like him are cowards and terrified of seeing their own blood. They like to hurt others, but they are big babies when they get hurt. This is going to be a tough period of time for him. The shoe is finally on the other foot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.