The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

There are no ugly women, just poor ones...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
That link is a huge reason why I am so into hair and makeup! When I was taking my makeup classes, it didn't matter that I wasn't an "expert" yet. Every woman that sat in my chair walked away feeling beautiful, except for when I was learning F/X. :) It really surprises me sometimes the power of makeup and clothing that fits can have such a huge impact on someone's self-esteem!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
This was amazing ...

The server is running a little slow because its getting Dugg pretty hard.

Extreme Makeovers - Email Junk

Holy Cow! What a blessing that several of these women were able to get the help they needed! I hope they are having a great time! Most women (which is sad to say) have one or two things we'd like to "take care of", but never make it a priority!

All I can say is "you go, girl!"

:banana: :icon_super:

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It's a great time to be alive -- When no problem is too big that a little nip/tuck can't clear it right up. Ladies, even if you don't have the cash for plastic surgery there are websites like:

Free Breast Implants, Free Boob Job, Free Plastic Surgery Financing. MyFreeImplants.com

Where guys will line up to help you out financially. ;)

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Very interesting site. Looks like ladies will need to support their man to enlarge their size too. :)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Interesting point, terrance.

I was just about to ask what guys had to do, or if being ugly wasn't as big a liability for men.

In nature, it's the males that have the bright plumage and have to look better than their peers if they want to get some.

Some how, some way, we guys (or gals) made it the other way 'round. A guy that shaves on a semi-regular basis, has reasonable sanitary habits, and doesn't get too fat is considered "OK" (and datable) in most parts of today's society.

Not so for the ladies, at least based on this thread.

Or do I have this all wrong-- tell me--- are their guy things that are as visual, or time/money intensive, as what the ladies have to do to be "marketable" as a potential mate?

I'm married, and off the market, so more curious than concerned!

Thanks in advance for any replies. :tiphat:

-Russ H.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs

I was just about to ask what guys had to do, or if being ugly wasn't as big a liability for men.

In nature, it's the males that have the bright plumage and have to look better than their peers if they want to get some.

Some how, some way, we guys (or gals) made it the other way 'round. A guy that shaves on a semi-regular basis, has reasonable sanitary habits, and doesn't get too fat is considered "OK" (and datable) in most parts of today's society.

Or do I have this all wrong-- tell me--- are their guy things that are as visual, or time/money intensive, as what the ladies have to do to be "marketable" as a potential mate?

-Russ H.

I don't think so at all Russ... I haven't been single for a couple of years, but when I was out there -- I felt like I was constantly competing with the guys who spend 5 days a week in the gym, and were eager to show off their six pack abs at the club every weekend. haha.. Being a reasonably athletic guy with a good job was not enough to vault me to the head of the pack. I also felt pressured to have my teeth whitened, and considered veneers or straightening to make sure I had a perfect smile because women these days definitely pay attention to a man's teeth. In addition, when I was single -- I was spending a lot of money on designer jeans & clothes, nice shoes, etc... The old rule still holds true according to my girlfriend -- Women look at a man's teeth, watch, shoes, etc... I think the importance of beauty & dating cuts both ways for both sexes.

- Hakrjak

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Here is my observation...

Girl from age 18 - 28 seem to care about the appearance. 6 packs is almost the minimum requirement.

Women from age 29-35 seem to care about both appearance and wealth. 6 packs is not required.

Women from age 36-47 seem to care more about the wealth of the guy.

Women from age 48 and above seem to care about the health of the guy

That's just my observation.

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA

-Russ H.

As a woman, here's my take....first, I really HATE IT when a guy thinks of me only based on my looks. I consider myself average looking (sometimes with a little extra make up I can be quite cute!)...but overall I'm o.k. I have a little more on top than the average woman and it's all natural....there have been moments in my life where I've considered chopping myself up to "be like everyone else"....but then I think who really wants to live in a society where you aren't different? Many of my girlfriends tell me they'd kill to have larger breasts, while for me it's always been something I've tried to downplay. I think with women, we typcially aren't happy with what God has given us.

Now that I've turned 40, I've decided to do what I want for ME! I'm not going out of my way to try to "attract" any man....(by the way I'm single! wink wink)...I really am enjoying my alone time with me, I don't find anyone as fun as me and really like having to not share the bed when I sleep....

All that all being said, I believe that men do have it easier...I'm mean, really...look at Donald Trump (great example!) he is not the most handsome man in the world...in fact if you were to take away his money, his looks would be a huge FLAW! Yet, look at the women he gets! What up with that? Can you think of any "not too goodlooking, but successful' women that you can use that same type of example? Any woman that gets a hot younger guy is typically a hot woman herself! (examples: Cher, Demi Moore, Susan Sarandon, etc...)

I've resolved myself that that is how the world is. Most men are visual FIRST, but that the quality men look deep within a woman and see all her real beauty inside too! This is why, in my own way, I've allowed myself to just "be me" and not try to impress anyone else....if my 40 years on this earth has taught me anything, it's that I've always been beautiful (freckles and all!).

Here's to us really beautiful women! :icon_super:

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I'm all for people feeling happy about who they are, and wanting to be loved as they are, but --

I think that plastic surgery & botox have this stigma -- and are really not much different than having braces on your teeth, or spending time in a tanning bed. If it makes you feel better, more confident, whatever -- go for it. You only live once, and life is too short to be anything less than completely happy.

Seems like the people who try to make others feel bad about themselves for wanting to do these types of things are either jealous, or don't have the guts to go for it themselves. So many people get a high from dragging others down, and that's a sad thing too.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Great work on those women. I wonder how long does it take for the self esteem to also transform?

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
I'll bet if I were a 2 and suddenly saw myself as a 10, my self-esteem would come up to a 3, at least.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I wonder how long does it take for the self esteem to also transform?
I remember reading about it somewhere and they said it takes at least 21 days (I wish I could find it). The best trigger that starts changing your self conciousness and self esteem is when others start mentioning it. So, the more people tell you that, the more convinced you are and your self esteem improves.
By the way, I found this very related to the thread about the Fox News Channel editing the pictures of their "enemies" to make them look bad.

cmartin371

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 14, 2008
Nashua, NH
Well I have been divorced for 7+ years now and will soon turn 36. I have dated and will say that woman and men both have it hard, because it does seem to be a competition for what people may call love or happiness. I dated pretty girls and not much came of it. I based every thing on physical attraction. When I finally stopped competeing and realized that happiness is within one self I began to look at the whole package. Sure physical attraction is a piece of the equation, but I also look at character, integrity etc.....to me that makes your mate that much more attractive. With that perspective, I did not have to "find or seek" that girl who becomes your best friend, your everything....it just happened.

Nathan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 18, 2008
Denver, CO
I wonder how long those women stayed married? Or should I say faithful. I'm guessing not long. :banana:

I'm gonna have to say it's easier for women. ANY woman can go into ANY bar and say, "who would like to go home with me" and voila, she ain't going home alone. No man, who's in the same social status could do the same thing. All a man needs is a fat wallet and he can pull gorgeous women all day.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I vaguely recall these being posted on this site somewhere before...
But worth posting these videos here - in this thread -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U]YouTube - dove evolution[/ame]

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
and this....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6JvK0W60I]YouTube - dove onslaught[/ame]

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Really look at these women... take an honest look at them.
They are beautiful because they are confident. They glow from the inside out.

No knife gave them that glow...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vilUhBhNnQc]YouTube - Dove Pro-age Campaign[/ame]

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Nathan,

You've said what you truly believe.

So don't take this the wrong way-- I'm just going to say what I truly believe:

I'm not sure if you're 16, or 60.

But reading your post reminded me of what Olympia Dukakis tells the professor in the restaurant (in the movie Moonstruck): "What you don't know about women . . . is a lot."

What I'm most impressed with in your post is just *how* many bad assumptions/statements you make in such a few sentances.

To wit:

-Women who learn how to become more beautiful will not be faithful.
-If they happen to be married when this happens, their marriage won't last long.
-Finding a partner is easier for a woman (or did you just mean getting laid?)

Finally, your statements about a woman entering a bar and guys with fat wallets . . .

. . . is that why you're on the fastlane? To be that guy in the bar?

I've got a surprise for you.

There are millions of women-- gorgeous, beautiful women-- who would not go home with you, or any other guy with this kind of attitude.

No matter how fat their wallets.

Some of those women are even on this site.

Stick around--you may even get to know some of them. :)

-Russ H.

Charmed Angel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 27, 2007
Tucson & Pittsburgh
Really look at these women... take an honest look at them.
They are beautiful because they are confident. They glow from the inside out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vilUhBhNnQc

Nice!

I think confidence is very attractive.
If your not confident in yourself and don't like yourself, how can you expect someone else to like you?

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

Of course not, it was Dove!! Sorry couldn't resist :smx19:

And Nathan, I would be a lot of money you are under 24. Go out there and interact with women, and get to know people more - money, looks, sex - these things are not pillars for long term relationships, they are supplements. Hard to accept this at young age, I know; I myself still battle with it. Trust, honesty, respect - now we are getting somewhere.

Nathan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 18, 2008
Denver, CO
Nathan,

You've said what you truly believe.

So don't take this the wrong way-- I'm just going to say what I truly believe:

I'm not sure if you're 16, or 60.

But reading your post reminded me of what Olympia Dukakis tells the professor in the restaurant (in the movie Moonstruck): "What you don't know about women . . . is a lot."

What I'm most impressed with in your post is just *how* many bad assumptions/statements you make in such a few sentances.

To wit:

-Women who learn how to become more beautiful will not be faithful.
-If they happen to be married when this happens, their marriage won't last long.
-Finding a partner is easier for a woman (or did you just mean getting laid?)

Finally, your statements about a woman entering a bar and guys with fat wallets . . .

. . . is that why you're on the fastlane? To be that guy in the bar?

I've got a surprise for you.

There are millions of women-- gorgeous, beautiful women-- who would not go home with you, or any other guy with this kind of attitude.

No matter how fat their wallets.

Some of those women are even on this site.

Stick around--you may even get to know some of them. :)

-Russ H.

Ha, whoa whoa whoa! Can't a guy be negative every now and then! :coffee:

To start, I'm 26. I didn't mean to dig on women alone, so don't misconstrue - I meant for men AND women. Anyone who has extremely low self-esteem like all of these women, and than instantaneously given a high self-esteem is going to change the way they look at the world - as well as their opportunities. They're going to get A LOT of attention they have never gotten. To me, that does not bode well. And to the one point in your post - these women did not LEARN how to be beautiful. Lots of money was spent to make them beautiful, and they gained a beautiful thing from it - self confidence.

But more to latter part of your post.

Please don't assume why I'm here after you just pointed out I was making assumptions. I'm here to learn from experts and experiences that has been picked up to be successful and contribute where I can.

:cheers:

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I'm gonna have to say it's easier for women. ANY woman can go into ANY bar and say, "who would like to go home with me" and voila, she ain't going home alone. No man, who's in the same social status could do the same thing. All a man needs is a fat wallet and he can pull gorgeous women all day.

reminds me of Chris Rock when he said that it's easy for women b/c every guy they've met since they were 13 wanted to do them :p

but in all seriousness I think Terrence put it best:

Girl from age 18 - 28 seem to care about the appearance. 6 packs is almost the minimum requirement.

**The funny thing is that looks weren't everything and I was actually MUCH more physically attractive in my teen yrs and didn't quite have the success I hoped for b/c girls this age are all about finding themselves and either want to experiment or have that desire for the "bad boy" which in most cases had NOTHING to do with looks or even money, lol, I saw quite a few gorgeous girls with ugly guys who were complete a-holes and didn't have a dime to their names(then again even the ones driving nice cars and wearing nice clothes at this age usually don't have as much money as they "appear" to have :smxB:). I also found that the girls that I wanted to have a "relationship" with were also very keen on attitude and any sense of desperation or clinginess was an instant turn-off, seems girls at this age had a sixth-sense for it.

Women from age 29-35 seem to care about both appearance and wealth. 6 packs is not required.

**Thankfully I won't have to worry about this, but again it depends on what you're looking for, there are women in this age group that got over the whole infatuation phase of their teen/college years and might even have already gotten married and divorced by this time. These women will be more about making a connection and having a deep meaningful relationship OR they could just be looking for sex and putting their past relationships behind them. It all depends on where you're looking, if you're going to a dance club chances are you're not looking for something serious and women in this age group that are looking for someone in these settings will go after the Big 3- looks, money and attitude w/ attitude being the most important IMO and looks and money still being considered. Now if you're talking about women as in mature women looking for appearance and wealth I think that it's better defined as stability/security and health. They want someone who is not in financial mess b/c either they had a "failure to launch" or spent too much trying to impress women in their younger years and are in debt to their eye-balls. As far as health, they want someone who takes care of themselves, but doesn't have to be a gym-rat or the other extreme of a complete slob.

Women from age 36-47 seem to care more about the wealth of the guy.

**Security/stability again.

Women from age 48 and above seem to care about the health of the guy

**Longevity, wanting a partner to connect with.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.