The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I read last week that the app was downloaded 2M times. Australia doesn't even have 100 deaths. Crazy. So easy to manipulate people!

It's actually up to 4 Million now.

The government are saying to get the economy going everyone needs to download it. So it's not compulsory guys but we will hold you hostage until you comply!

Dw we are a bunch of sheep here I expect another 2 million by the end of the week.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

FINALLY a sensible solution to let people travel and avoid the stupid mandatory quarantine. I hope that more airports implement similar solutions. I'd gladly pay 190 euros for two weeks of my life.

If this catches on, it will be huge. It saves so much unnecessary inconvenience and might help airlines recover much sooner.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have the COVID antibody test in! I will find out by Wednesday if I had it.

If this is the case, I am an example of a case that can be traced back to late December- early January.

Last edited:

Aurora_Spartan93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Dec 18, 2019

If this is the case, I am an example of a case that can be traced back to late December- early January.

I have mine scheduled for Wednesday morning. Roughly the same suspected time frame.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014

What lab did u get it done at? Keep us posted.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
What lab did u get it done at? Keep us posted.
I didn't ask which lab it was, but my doc said the sample is going to be on a plane to New Jersey. It was a small vile of blood, not a finger prick.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I didn't ask which lab it was, but my doc said the sample is going to be on a plane to New Jersey. It was a small vile of blood, not a finger prick.

I assume you are hoping the result is positive?

Inimitable

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jan 25, 2016
NC
The IHMe projections have been revised yet again, now predicting over 134,000 deaths in the US. They're blaming the relaxing of social distancing for their incorrect numbers before. Great, except what about the states that still haven't really relaxed social distancing? I understand we have protests here in NC, but we never saw the dip in deaths they were proclaiming we would see - even before much really changed. Our death estimate has suddenly tripled. No surprise: we're already significantly over the estimates of total deaths just a week ago.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014

Evidence is further mounting between antibody studies, the prison screening program, and now this. Government appears to have turned an initial legitimate health concern into a dystopian fascistic mass suppression without just or reasonable cause.

Last edited:

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois

Evidence is further mounting between antibody studies, the prison screening program, and now this. Government appears to have turned an initial legitimate health concern into a dystopian fascistic mass suppression without just or reasonable cause.

Don’t worry, they’ll soon come up with a solution for the problem that they created. Then they’ll have another solution for the solution to the first solution.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

Shitty, isn’t it?

Meanwhile, most sheeple are begging for more restriction because government experts told them so.

It once surprised me to learn that only 1/3 of colonists supported the American Revolution. Given the current landscape I am not surprised at all.

There no longer exists critical thinking; the majority merely regurgitate what they are fed. Perhaps “no longer” is inaccurate, it has always been this way. And history repeats.

Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Shitty, isn’t it?

Meanwhile, most sheeple are begging for more restriction because government experts told them so.

It once surprised me to learn that only 1/3 of colonists supported the American Revolution. Given the current landscape I am not surprised at all.

There no longer exists critical thinking; the majority merely regurgitate what they are fed. Perhaps “no longer” is inaccurate, it has always been this way. And history repeats.

The Pareto Principle at work. 20% of the people do 80% of the thinking, moving, working, earning, etc.

David Harrison

Dedo
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Sep 27, 2018
London
What is modern propaganda? For many, it is the lies of a totalitarian state. In the 1970s, I met Leni Riefenstahl and asked her about her epic films that glorified the Nazis. Using revolutionary camera and lighting techniques, she produced a documentary form that mesmerized Germans; her 'Triumph of the Will' cast Hitler's spell.

She told me that the "messages" of her films were dependent not on "orders from above," but on the "submissive void" of the German public. Did that include the liberal, educated bourgeoisie? "Everyone," she said
John Pilger

The naivety of the public is the "void" she's talking about.
And because many of you are aware of the subtleties of persuasion, is maybe the reason for your understanding, (or not).

If you're in the "not" category, read the book "propaganda" by Edward Bernays. It's a short concise read that will reveal a lot of the techniques used.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
This is ABSOLUTELY CRAZY.

Then again, it was obvious from the start that the virus had been already spreading around the world much earlier than reported. Took several months to finally find evidence.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...nvestigate-early-C0VlD-19-cases-idUSKBN22H134

A French hospital which has retested old samples from pneumonia patients discovered that it treated a man who had C0VlD-19 as early as Dec. 27, nearly a month before the French government confirmed its first cases.

The disease later identified as C0VlD-19 was first reported by Chinese authorities to the WHO on 31 December and was not previously believed to have spread to Europe until January.

In other words, now it's pretty clear that the virus had already left China well before anyone was even worrying about the virus (or knew exactly what it was). I won't be surprised if it turns out that it started in November or maybe even earlier (and was already spreading around the world then).

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011

Well......if Covid doesn't get us, the murdering hornets will.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
@ChrisV do you have a chart about the hornets. :rofl:
I don’t :(

I gotchu fam...

The Asian giant hornet, also known as the "murder hornet", has arrived in the United States. Nearly two inches long, the species is the world's largest wasp and it has been observed in Washington State. Scientists now fear it will spread across the country, posing a danger to humans and potentially decimating the U.S. honey bee population.

SHUT IT DOWN. IT'S THE ASIANS AGAIN! MARTIAL LAW. THIS IS BIOLOGICAL WARFARE.

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
I gotchu fam...

View attachment 32761

The Asian giant hornet, also known as the "murder hornet", has arrived in the United States. Nearly two inches long, the species is the world's largest wasp and it has been observed in Washington State. Scientists now fear it will spread across the country, posing a danger to humans and potentially decimating the U.S. honey bee population.

SHUT IT DOWN. IT'S THE ASIANS AGAIN! MARTIAL LAW. THIS IS BIOLOGICAL WARFARE.
But what about the projections? ;)

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I don't want to go full Alex Jones, but did anyone else hesitate a little when they saw that the newest projection from Johns Hopkins is from a department that has the name "Bloomberg" on it?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I wonder how many new gun owners there are? Sales have tripled in some areas. I heard people are getting pissed that they have to wait 10 days after the purchase date in California. What did they expect, they voted for those laws and are now mad that they cannot get one right away when they do not feel safe.
Some anecdotal data points.

• My go to gun store is a national online seller, basically out of inventory for 4 weeks
  • Guy at said store said he had more first timers in the last month than in his 10 years of selling guns
  • My range has had a solid line of people reading the safety card reserved for first time shooters. There's never anybody reading the safety card.
All anecdotal, but methinks there's a lot of new gun owners walking around out there. I myself am now an long time owner, first time every day carrier.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Some anecdotal data points.

• My go to gun store is a national online seller, basically out of inventory for 4 weeks
  • Guy at said store said he had more first timers in the last month than in his 10 years of selling guns
  • My range has had a solid line of people reading the safety card reserved for first time shooters. There's never anybody reading the safety card.
All anecdotal, but methinks there's a lot of new gun owners walking around out there. I myself am now an long time owner, first time every day carrier.

Same, I had bought an EDC end of last year. But actually started daily carrying end of March.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
I predict 2,000,000 or less hornet deaths. If you all stay inside, it will be zero. I’m right either way.

Don't forget to change your predictions next week to 2000. Then in two weeks back to 2,000,000. Or maybe 200,000? Well, who cares, the model is never wrong, right? Whatever it says, stay home, save hornets.

In other news, starting yesterday I'm allowed to go to the beach here in Barbados between 6 and 9 am. Supposedly because the virus is asleep until 9. Or because they want to avoid crowding by limiting the period of time when people can go to the beach to just three hours instead of letting them go whenever they want and thus reduce crowds?

I don't know. It's all so confusing and absurd I'm just exhausted.

But at least I can finally be in the ocean after five weeks of being stuck at home. The change in the mental state is so immense it's difficult to describe. Whoever came up with a genius idea of forcing people to stay home to keep them healthy was a genius. Not.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
In other news, the guy whose advice largely led to implementing lockdowns around the world (the same guy who later changed his end-of-the-world model) repeatedly broke the lockdown rules himself:

Of course he did. The older I get, the more I realize that the rules that are imposed are not for the rulers but for the ruled. The mayor of Chicago eliminated anybody’s ability to go to a salon but then later was caught on hidden camera in the salon. Here in the United States, our elected representatives mandated everybody be tied into a government approved health care plan. Well, everybody but our elected representatives. They exempted themselves.

Just before John F Kennedy imposed in embargo on all products manufactured in Cuba he ordered himself a lifetime supply of Cuban cigars.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.