The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Ukraine War, implications, outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
It would be funny if Germany would just partner up with Russia and sever all ties to the US. And announce that they have nukes. The world would sh*t its pants xD

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Ironically, Russia is better off without a lot of these companies. No soda, no Facebook, no Big Macs, sounds like an improvement.
The next generation of Russians are gonna be beast.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
There seems to be agreement that Russia invaded Ukraine after a pro-Russia president was overthrown in 2014, and replaced with a Pro-Western president. There also seems to be evidence that America bankrolled this pro-Western coup. If that all is true, then my question is - why does America have to encourage coups? If the "Western way" of democracy and capitalism is "better", then people around the world should embrace it on their own. America's only role needs to be as an example for others to follow.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Labor Market Development from Ukraine crisis

-EU issue 3 year work and live visa for Ukrainians
-Non-EU countries might be pressured to grant more visa to Ukrainians to live and work there.

This is a major victory on the pro-business and pro-immigration policy supporters. In my opinion 3 years temp visa is a euphemism for permanent relocation, when you move from 3k GDP per capital country to above 30k GDP per capital countries.

Never waste a good crisis.

Downward pressure on Manuel labor hours wage and hence lower cost of living and business.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
More Global Financial Market Development

-LME Nickel jumped 10 times as Russian Nickel deemed "not fit for delivery". More chaos and potential trading opportunities for traders.

-Russia lifted capital VAT on gold. A clear move to encourage citizens to hole more gold.
Is Russia launching back a financial war towards U.S. Dollar?
Could goldbug's final prophecy coming true eventually? Exciting time in the financial market development.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
My read on the last day or so of this.

United Kingdom: The UK has been extremely hawkish on this war, supplying Ukraine with anti tank and possible anti aircraft, latest I saw was the possibility of supplying actual SAM missile systems. I have to assume this has to do more with Boris's troubles at home rather than other reasons. The below news caught my eye, is it possible the UK has escalated enough to send limited amounts of soldiers into Ukraine and is now covering, the whole thing seems very odd. Once again their rhetoric has been pretty strong.

Russia: Still holding firm on it's demands, I am getting the sense that the Russian military is gaining the upper hand in Ukraine especially the east, even the Ukrainian propaganda accounts and their cheerleaders on social media are posting less videos/images and the tone is more muted. We are getting more video from the Russian side and while it's clear many Russian vehicles/convoys were ambushed, it's also clear the Ukrainian ambushers took their own losses especially in the cities. You can see where the initial ambushes happened from higher ground on buildings but the response seems to have been leveling the buildings or very high damage.

This is a nasty war, casualties wise, it also looks like Russia has now taken some type of decision to bring out the artillery/heavy bombs and this is where their main advantage lies. Looks like they are just going to level the place along the lines of Syria, images out of Ukraine look more and more like Syria.

I honestly wonder whether the whole invasion is failing/high casualties was something the Russian leadership encouraged in order to justify to their citizens/military leveling Ukraine, which is honestly what the Russian army is good at and has practice in. This invasion didn't have much popular support I suspect even among the military at the beginning.As I have said before Putin is pretty cynical and I would not put it past him to sacrifice his own soldiers for this. I found it very strange Russia was so silent on the propaganda front early on which they are good at, the early on tactics also didn't make sense especially around Kiev.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Facebook is going to allow calls for violence...against Russians. I'm sure that will be helpful. :(

View: https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1502044332710416385

face-with-open-mouth-vomiting_1f92e.png

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
A list of all the fakes that the Zelensky gov is throwing out: WarOnFakes.com

kubikdanon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 4, 2017
USA
Dude as a Ukrainian myself who left 8 years ago, this is hard. With all the US/Ukraine/Russia propaganda it's even harder. But man, my friends woke up from the F*cking shots the first day this started. It is real. And everyone's scared to do anything.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Dude as a Ukrainian myself who left 8 years ago, this is hard. With all the US/Ukraine/Russia propaganda it's even harder. But man, my friends woke up from the f*cking shots the first day this started. It is real. And everyone's scared to do anything.
According to some, they shouldn't be allowed to leave and should report directly to get their AK47 to fight the Russian military... I definitely don't support that view.

There is a good YouTube channel called willy.beating cancer that showed what was going on without any propoganda angle. You can see how worried people are. It's obviously terrifying.

kubikdanon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 4, 2017
USA
According to some, they shouldn't be allowed to leave and should report directly to get their AK47 to fight the Russian military... I definitely don't support that view.

There is a good YouTube channel called willy.beating cancer that showed what was going on without any propoganda angle. You can see how worried people are. It's obviously terrifying.
My best friend is in politics, tried to become a mayor of our city, and some of my friends are also part of Azov. So let's say I do have some insight on what's going on. But none of them predicted Putin bombing country.
Yeah, men are not allowed to leave the country as of right now. Not sure about the AK47 part lol, but they gave out guns to civilians who were ready to fight.
How we all see this: Putin wants USSR back. Belarus and Kazakhstan. Now to complete the puzzle he needed Ukraine. Unfortunately for him, we didn't give up in a few days like he anticipated.
That's the only positive thing on my mind now. He already lost. He's F*cked. Russia's F*cked.
(Obviously, I am also sure West plays a huge role in this whole situation, being passively aggressive heh.)

Last edited:

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
we didn't give up in a few days like he anticipated
Is Putin on record as having said he expected a quick victory? I have heard that reported, but did not see him say it myself. Did he say that to the Russian people?

In America, politicians and the media said they expected a quick victory in Afghanistan, and were "shocked" when they made war profits for 20 years. They would have stayed longer if they could. I mention this because perhaps Putin said he expected a quick victory, while privately expecting it take much longer - not for profits, but just being realistic. Granted, only Putin knows what Putin was thinking.

It would not surprise me if he didn't give any timeline to the Russian people, and Western propaganda just made up the "quick victory" expectation. He might be expecting it to be a long war, and be fine with that.

Last edited:

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Things are continuing to escalate.

That is good news. Seize the assets of all these cancel-culture companies and teach them a lesson.
If I were Putin, I would have done that long ago and arrest the top management of these companies as a signal to the West.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I expect Ukrainian commandoes on a suicide mission to strike within Moscow, similar to America's Doolittle Raid on Tokyo, 4 months after the attack on Pearl Harbor. I also expect them to explicitly spare women and children, so as to claim the moral high-ground, to make it politically harder for Russians to indiscriminately kill Ukrainians.

Another option is, if Ukraine didn't really give up all their nukes, and someone gives them a MIG, how long does it take a MIG to fly from Ukraine to Moscow and deliver a nuke? This might be why the US is not giving them MIGs.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Insane escalation.

I cannot believe this in 21th century.

Time to open leveraged position to long gold.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
And Putin bombing a maternity isn’t insane escalation?

Why is everyone in this thread complaining about Ukraine but turning a blind eye to Russia? It’s really worrying to be honest

The free world should be on the side of the defender, not on the side of the attacker.
Asset seizure is a big thing, right now going on from both sides.

It has a high chance escalating into economic and financial wars that could obliterate the current financial market.

This means someone far away from the war zone can have their asset value shrinked over the next few weeks due to asset price collapse and currency price falling.

Sad to say merely people dying from fireshots or bombing has little global financial impact, without these sanction, financial retaliation and asset confiscation.

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
And Putin bombing a maternity isn’t insane escalation?

Why is everyone in this thread complaining about Ukraine but turning a blind eye to Russia? It’s really worrying to be honest

The free world should be on the side of the defender, not on the side of the attacker.
I've not seen anyone complaining about Ukraine and turning a blind eye to Russia. I see a lot of people in this thread quite rightly refusing to believe what they're told on MSM and realising that none of us can know what's really going on.

kubikdanon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 4, 2017
USA
Is Putin on record as having said he expected a quick victory? I have heard that reported, but did not see him say it myself. Did he say that to the Russian people?

In America, politicians and the media said they expected a quick victory in Afghanistan, and were "shocked" when they made war profits for 20 years. They would have stayed longer if they could. I mention this because perhaps Putin said he expected a quick victory, while privately expecting it take much longer - not for profits, but just being realistic. Granted, only Putin knows what Putin was thinking.

It would not surprise me if he didn't give any timeline to the Russian people, and Western propaganda just made up the "quick victory" expectation. He might be expecting it to be a long war, and be fine with that.
As I stated before, those are just my assumptions not based on the media but based on what I heard from friends from all over Ukraine. As well as some friends who live in Russia.

That is good news. Seize the assets of all these cancel-culture companies and teach them a lesson.
If I were Putin, I would have done that long ago and arrest the top management of these companies as a signal to the West.
Seems like you are a 20-year-old Russian living in Singapore, you're funny.

kubikdanon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 4, 2017
USA
What do you mean by “what’s really going on?”

Do you have doubts about the Russian bombings, for example the bombing of the maternity, do you think that’s fake news, what exactly are you in doubt about?
Dude it's actually insane how many people are trying to defend and/or are 'unsure' about this whole situation. Sure, there are a lot of fakes. Sure, West instigated/incited Russia in some way or another. Sure, it's all 'propaganda'. But one clear event happened: Putin started invading Ukraine. Not Ukraine started bombing its own people. Not Ukraine or West started invading Russia.
Me, and 99.9% of you will never know the real reason behind this whole situation. But I can still be angry at Putin because at the end of the day he physically started this. I am out of this thread lol.
P.S. to @Xeon - I am Ukrainian, my first language is Russian (I was born and raised in Odessa), my mother is from Russia, and I have a lot of family there, and finally, I am anti-Bandera. Just wanted to point that out ;)

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
What do you mean by “what’s really going on?”

Do you have doubts about the Russian bombings, for example the bombing of the maternity, do you think that’s fake news, what exactly are you in doubt about?
Yes, I have many doubts. I'm in doubt about all of it.

I don't know what's really going on. None of us do.

2 years ago people were falling down dead in the streets of China with covid.

I don't trust any of it. Literally none of it. If that makes me a fool, so be it.

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
Ok, why do you have these doubts? Clearly you must have some reasons, so what are they?
Because it's all a pile of bollocks. We're but pawns in a terrible game. I'm not going to debate with you because it's more than clear where you stand on the whole thing. You're so convinced you know. It's very interesting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.