The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The secret that was left out of The Millionaire Fast Lane Book

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
In response to the theme of the thread, guest blogging is free. Picking up the phone and calling prospects is also free. Many a successful business started this way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Reactions: SDE

samjohn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 22, 2012
I suppose 'scale' here could conceivably be seen as when you've got your limo leadgen site ranking and bringing in traffic and you reach saturation point, then partner up with the largest limo company and become a limo booking site and earn more $$ per visitor.

Or buy a bunch of limos and do it yourself.

If Facebook had everyone on the earth as a member, then all they'd have left would be to increase earnings per member. Same with the limos. When you're getting all the SEO traffic possible, you then need to look at earning more per visitor. Once you do, you not only get more $$ from your SEO traffic, but also possibly other sources of traffic become profitable.

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011
For those of you who are still stuck in a negative mindset and can't seem to fathom how someone could possibly make any money with buying PPC...here's someone who became a BILLIONAIRE...without spending a PENNY in advertisting. zip. nada. zilch. Oh, and she's maintained 100% CONTROL of her company.

[video=youtube;7a6wGw_9lk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a6wGw_9lk8[/video]

JagetMario

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 14, 2012
I can't see it any other way. If you think I'm missing something, please let me know.

I really would like to clarify this.

Hello today is my first da hear so I am late to this discussion...

1) Disruptive, seems that SEO is now a very crowded roaded..... crowded roads are hard to move fast on.

2) Even though you are selling some one elses product that does not mean that you cant apply a brand to it.

A strong brand would raise your margins

3) I challenge you to think of 10 ways to advertise your site for free. when you finish the list do them all.
then make another 10 item list and repeat....

JagerMario

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 14, 2012
Hello today is my first da hear so I am late to this discussion...

1) Disruptive, seems that SEO is now a very crowded roaded..... crowded roads are hard to move fast on.

2) Even though you are selling some one elses product that does not mean that you cant apply a brand to it.

A strong brand would raise your margins

3) I challenge you to think of 10 ways to advertise your site for free. when you finish the list do them all.
then make another 10 item list and repeat....

Haha and i totally mispelled my username on the registration page =p

Hi all im JAGER Mario; now fixed =)

lucas131

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jul 5, 2012
you are also used to selling 1 product, where as as a product creator, we know that the money comes on the back end. our front end products pays for our customer acquisition.

to give you an example. customer acquisition costs $60. we lose roughly $40 bucks to acquire a customer, but up sells and other value adds increase this to an AVERAGE of $116 per customer acquired. once we taped our our merchant accounts for volume, we turn to back end monitization, so we utilize the emails and phone numbers we have acquired, and begin monetizing there with a call center. now we can see as much as $187 over a couple months from each customer.

Emailing affiliate products that are in line with what our customer wants, and is tied into the customer demographic can raise our income to over $200-250 Per customer over a 6 month period, and over $300 over a 12 month period.

Im selling information online, and for me is all about traffic and conversions.

And actually conversions is EVERYTHING.

With good conversions you'll be able to afford any traffic.

Let's say that your conversion for front end is standard 1% and it costs $47.

So in order to break even you can pay MAX $0.47 per click to acquire a customer.

And let's say you have 3 upsells

upsell #1 - $97
upsell #2 - $297
upsell #3 - $39.95/m

And you convert 40% upsell 1, 10% upsell 2 and 30% upsell 3. And people say stay 4 month in average in continuity.

So now you make ADDITONAL $228 per customer, so total profit is $228 from upsells + $47 from front end = $275 (you get half of it right away, $100 comes in next 3 months from conitnuity sales)

So now you can afford $2.75 per click.

But what if you would do 7 day free trial for front end, and increase conversion to 5%

and make 3-5x more from your upsell sales? Now you can afford to pay $5+ per click.

And let's say you have some bad-a$$ follow up sequence where you sell $2k product via webinar that converts 10%.

And lets say 30% of your customer go to the webinar, so 2% of your customers converts.

now you make additional $60 per customer (after week of acquisition) so you have good cashflow and can reinvest in traffic quickly.

So thats $335 per customer.

And you still have customer on your list you can promote other offers, your next products/ affiliate offers to increase customer value over lifetime.

So at the end it all comes down to well-optimized sales funnels, conversions and sales copy.

And it takes time, a lot of split testing and money to invest to hit these numbers.

Even if you get 2x lower convresions you could still be able to pay $1-$2 per click, and you'll be able to scale it very big
with media buys for example where massive traffic is.

Also with high conversions, high EPC, affialites will come to you, you can pay high CPA in various CPA networks and the traffic potential is nearly infinite...

I think you can find a lot of LEVERAGE in marketing.

What I found to be the biggest leverage points are sales funnels & conversions

I'm avid reader of Jay Abraham, Dan Kennedy. Just read them and you'll be fine :)

lucas131

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jul 5, 2012
Regarding SEO I'm still surprised people think it's totally unpredictable.

Actually if you play by the Google rules, it all just a matter of time you will beat your competitors. Even for super competitive phrases.

Here's a good quote by an SEO expert Leslie Rhode:

“Who cares! Organize right and do the right things and success is guaranteed in time. Measuring the competition is only about gauging how long it will take.

Plan for the long term and competition doesn’t matter. Moreover, your competition is likely lame anyway, so setting them as your measure of success is in most cases aiming low.

Google is not your competition. Your competition is not your competition. Your only competition is that part of you, your life and your business that results in less of the right effort than is required to get the results you want."

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
I followed this thread from page 1 to the end, I can't believe I did. The last time Disruptive posted was on page 5 and no where to be seen afterward?? Sometimes you can't lead a donkey to the water and force to drink it! There are some great comments made here and thanks to those who to clarified by not over complicating it.

Best forum ever ;)

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
The original poster left. Unfortunately we wont get to hear or see if he really 'got it' and was able to implement what he said was the real key point of this conversation.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Every time I see the title of this thread, it affects me like fingers running down a chalk board.

Presumptuous , pretentious and ridiculous.

I will be happy when this thread meets it's rightful end amongst the piles of discarded troll threads. (not that I have ever been accused of having strong opinions or anything...)

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Really?
I actually think it has great content, despite the trolling...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
He was here to make a (flawed) point. He basically was saying that MJ's model was not replaceable today... and that was the secret that was left out of the Millionaire Fastlane .

However, MJ has never advocated (that I have seen) trying to replicate his exact business model. In fact, he advises NOT to attempt that. His unique business was timely... but his thought process is timeless. The blueprint is not found in starting a .com lead generation aggregator that is scaleable and replicate-able by copying limos.com in different industries. It's the thought process of breaking the traditional mold and traditional teaching about economy, wealth and employment that's important, not replicating the exact method MJ used to build his unique business. There was no secret that was left out of the Millionaire Fastlane .

To that end, the original poster's entire premise was faulty, and he wasn't here to understand. He was here because he thought he had an intellectual, disruptive "gotcha" message.

Along the way, there were several things that I learned also. I dig threads like this, and even the intellectual challenge. I'm just stating that when the thread title pops up, insinuating that there was a secret that was left from the book (as if to sell more books...) that's what gives me the fingers-on-the-chalkboard sensation. We can have an intellectual debate about issues and strategy, but it shouldn't start with the premise/presumption that someone isn't telling the whole story.

Kuz

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 18, 2012
I think this is a great thread. I'd sticky it.

It was started by a guy who had come to a conclusion based on his personal experience and he was CONVINCED of this conclusion having arrived at it over a period of time.

Of course he started trying to reassert the belief and "educate" the forum, but those kinds of beliefs are difficult to shake.

But in the process he elicited some great responses and ultimately changed his opinion.

Great thread i believe :)

bigtamale

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Jul 15, 2012
I remember being quickly disappointed (within months of purchasing it) that "type in" traffic was virtually nothing. The only thing the domain did was juice my SEO rankings and strengthen brand image.

spot on. Your keyword in the url means everything since it's frequently used as anchor.

One minor thing however, direct url typeins to goog are probably something you didn't account for. They would have come across as a query to your stats program where it's just the type internet unsavvy person who typed the url in the search bar. Same traffic really.

Maybe PPC was way cheaper back then... maybe CPM's were way cheaper back then... but nowadays the price of ads has just skyrocketed, making it almost impossible to operate a lead generation business via paid advertising, which limits scaling and expanding hugely.

PPC only has a high cost of admission. With a high enough CTR and QS prices drop like a rock (-75% from where you started is possible depending on your metrics vs. the competition around you).

And there's nothing impossible about it, just a low number of those who try succeed.

Basically EVERY business that relies on being an intermediary can't afford to pay advertising... Which means, it can't scale! (unless the product in expensive enough to award a above average commission).

Most companies rely on arbitraging traffic and a product to put food on the table every day. It's called being a salesman. No closed sales -> no coffee!

BrandonL

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
May 10, 2010
So don't go that way. Find a new way. We did.

The world's largest retailer continues to advertise that business for free. Why? Because we filled a need for them. We solved a problem, and filled a services related void in their universe. We added value. We have something under wraps that will recreate a similar metric, and it is about to happen all over again. Lightning is about to strike twice, and now I know how to manufacture lightning. It all comes back to creating something of value that solves a problem and/or fills a need.

If you can't get scale, it might be mores a problem of your value proposition vs. your ability to PPC. The best businesses grow organically and don't rely on the most expensive methods to generate publicity.

Good luck to you. It CAN be done.

@Vigilante,

Can you discuss more about how you got this retailer to advertise for you? Did you offer your solution in exchange for the advertising? How exactly did your solving a problem for them turn into advertising?

Also, how did they advertise the website?

Brandon

LTL

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 16, 2012
There are other cheaper traffic sources out there and i'm sure if a higher paying offer is chosen and you constantly track and test your landing pages then

Chase

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 3, 2012
Beijing, China
You can't "blog/seo your way" to 12.000 visitors a day... The only keywords that have such volume of traffic are highly competitive and the people that rank on top have deep pockets and full-time teams working on SEO...

I'm at 13,000 visitors a day, almost entirely off of 1) SEO (86% of my traffic), and 2) return visitors. I get traffic off of Reddit shares of blog posts and people posting to stuff in forum links and things like that, but SEO dwarfs them all. Right now my traffic is growing by about 30,000 visitors a month - that's 1,000 a day more visitors, each passing month.

I've never paid for traffic in my life. I tried Google's free AdSense credits a few years back but they didn't like my landing page and banned my account without explanation or recourse (I tried; I emailed back and forth and made every change they asked for - they gave me a list and said I'd be reinstated if I did it all - then once I'd satisfied their criteria, they came back with "Sorry, you're banned for life"), so I had no choice but to do it myself. My pockets are anything but deep (working on that though) and the only one working on SEO is me, self-taught.

They wouldn't let me pay them money to rank well so I got there organically instead.

Ads work well used correctly, I'm sure, but they aren't the only option. There are tons of options, if you're willing to spend a little time learning how to use them.

Chase

Birdem

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 31, 2012
This book kinda pisses me off with almost half of it talking about slowlane.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If books piss you off, you might want to try like Yoga or Tai Chi or something. It obviously didn't piss you off that much... you joined the forum by the same name sponsored by the author of the same name to discuss concepts put forth by the book.

You're gonna need to be a bit more specific if you want anyone to engage you. What specifically in the book did you disagree with, and why? How could people possibly try and grasp what the author's message was if they didn't understand the paradigm change necessary to break the chains of traditional thinking regarding work, savings and retirement?

31 posts and no speed seemingly indicates you are not on the same page with the majority of posters here... which is cool... but if you want a debate, put out something we can discuss.

I wish this thread would die already. The original poster is long gone along with his crackpot, debunked hypothesis.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
This book kinda pisses me off with almost half of it talking about slowlane.
Because....it sounds like a hard level for you to aspire to, stepping it up from the sidewalk? Seriously dude, please tell me you're trolling.

Vigilante; I couldn't agree more with you. This thread needs to be declared dead and buried. Can we have a vote for mods or MJ to simply delete the thread altogether? The title of it keeps luring in curious lurkers and keeping this alive. Like you said - the OP was a douche with crackpot theories.

Kill this thread...

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
This thread needs to be declared dead and buried. Can we have a vote for mods or MJ to simply delete the thread altogether? The title of it keeps luring in curious lurkers and keeping this alive. Like you said - the OP was a douche with crackpot theories.

Kill this thread...

I haven't talked to MJ about this but I can tell you that the decision to lock this thread needs to be made be the members of the forum, not by mods. We serve you guys and want to make sure we do what the forum wants unless it blatantly violates the forum rules. What do the other members have to say about this?

Birdem

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 31, 2012
Sorry that you got butthurt its just my opinion, I like the forum great input and ideas no argument there.

Birdem

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 31, 2012
It doesn't matter even if I have 1 post and -1,000,000 speed everyone has an opinion. It was annoying reading half way of the book about the slowlane, I purchased the book based on fastlane. If I was interested in slowlane, I would have picked up a book about how to get a job and learn how to save money. I didn't want to debate, I was just stating how I feel, I wasnt trying to change anyones mind like what you are trying to do in your response.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Birdem; You are right in that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and maybe I came across as a bit harsh, lol. And although we disagree as far as the slowlane part of the book goes (because I think that part serves as a great eye-opener to a lot of people), this forum is centered around all that is great about he fastlane. :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I think locking it would be fine. but please do not delete it!

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
The real secret that was left out of the book was whether to park your Lambo in the driveway or the garage after reaching the Fastlane.

Should I surprise people when I pull out of my garage, or let them admire the magic by leaving the car out in the open all the time? Questions like these MUST be addressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!