The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The [SCRIPTED] Vault (Dogmatic Social Engineering)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
START RANT ---

You know it's really frustrating when I use/buy a product for a particular purpose (say an iPhone or a Firefox browser) and a part of their bundling is they try to shove down your throat their "news articles" curated from "millions of people."

No, I don't want to see news from VOX, NPR or the New York Times every time I logon to my iPhone or my Firefox.

And then they make it difficult for you to dismiss, uninstall, or opt-out of it.

Give me a FN break.

-- END RANT

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
START RANT ---

You know it's really frustrating when I use/buy a product for a particular purpose (say an iPhone or a Firefox browser) and a part of their bundling is they try to shove down your throat their "news articles" curated from "millions of people."

No, I don't want to see news from VOX, NPR or the New York Times every time I logon to my iPhone or my Firefox.

And then they make it difficult for you to dismiss, uninstall, or opt-out of it.

Give me a FN break.

-- END RANT
Eh? I thought the other day you were saying you were going to DuckDuckGo? What happened to that?

Before I met Apple products, I used Samsung phones. I never had that crap news problem.
These days Samsung phones are becoming more affordable, allows cross-platform apps from the Apple Store and even has good cameras.

Want to make a switch? :playful:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I thought the other day you were saying you were going to DuckDuckGo?

Yes, I have. And I have not changed my preferred method of search. I was referring to something else. And when my iPad went bunko, I bought a Samsung.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Found it fitting for this thread (on consumerism and happiness):

Wow, those were really good. Just tweeted.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm glad I could contribute to spreading the message about the unscripted life. Thanks for the rep money.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This probably needs its own thread.

But when someone asks why I don't dare watch these a$$-clowns, now I have an easy to show video.

Folks you aren't getting the news, you're getting an agenda.

Looks like someone's a little worried you aren't getting their preferred narrative.

markK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 8, 2018
Missouri, US

But when someone asks why I don't dare watch these a$$-clowns, now I have an easy to show video.

Looks like someone wants your obedience to the preferred narrative.

Ugh, that's more TV "News" than I've watched in the past seven years...and I got the exact same queasy feeling that I did back then.

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona

Looks like someone's a little worried you aren't getting their preferred narrative.
Good lord, this is horrifying. Your philosophy is about getting people to wake up to the script and this is quite literally the epitome of a scripted society.

A careful and systematic brainwashing of the populace to push their agenda and by and large seems to be going off without a hitch.

It’s amazing how we have the most powerful communication system in the history of the world and yet these methods are still so well hidden in plain sight.

Perhaps this could be an opportunity for an optimistic and ballsy entrepreneur to step in and legitimize a new REAL company based on REAL journalism and the desire to provide factual and unbiased information again.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Good lord, this is horrifying. Your philosophy is about getting people to wake up to the script and this is quite literally the epitome of a scripted society.

A careful and systematic brainwashing of the populace to push their agenda and by and large seems to be going off without a hitch.

It’s amazing how we have the most powerful communication system in the history of the world and yet these methods are still so well hidden in plain sight.

Perhaps this could be an opportunity for an optimistic and ballsy entrepreneur to step in and legitimize a new REAL company based on REAL journalism and the desire to provide factual and unbiased information again.

There's legit journalists on youtube, but i only know some russian ones cause my mom watches them.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
It is truly horrifying.

But what's more horrifying is people don't care. And they still trust them.

I have to use this as another opportunity to plug Win Bigly by Scott Adams. Quick read. Very eye-opening. He goes so far as to come out and say the media were acting in an overtly coordinated effort during the presidential campaign, which is a pretty bold step for a mainstream author. You want to freak yourself out, watch a bunch of supposedly unaffiliated news outlets use the exact same words to describe the candidates.

I tend to look at it more like Tom Sowell, though. They're not part of some grand conspiracy, so much as so vain and stupid that they're useful idiots who will parrot the same lines as though they were part of some cabal.

I suppose it doesn't even really matter if the end result is the same.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have to use this as another opportunity to plug Win Bigly by Scott Adams.

Is he partisan in the book or does he remain objective?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Is he partisan in the book or does he remain objective?

I don't know that he really thinks there's such a thing as objective. He looks at the entire thing from the perspective of someone trying to understand how persuasion works. He predicted a Trump win based on Trump's persuasion ability, and the book is really dissecting the tactics used by both sides, and understanding how and why they work. He basically uses the example of the election to explain how persuasion works.

What I understand of his politics: He's a California ultra-liberal that predicted a Trump win and ended up being an actual Trump supporter later in the campaign because of the sheer amount of verbal abuse and death threats he got from team Clinton. I don't think he's partisan, but what constitutes partisan depends on who you ask. For example, if you ask my coworkers, they'll tell you that anyone that doesn't think Trump is the worst thing that ever happened to America is a Republican shill.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
One more example of Script. Named days and driving your car as if its Sunday he he.
'Feel Free , Feel Awesome' it says. A big lol ..with mortgage on car how can you feel free and awesome . Yet people accept such offers as if there is no tomorrow .

Attachments

• IMG_20180510_012959.jpg
    IMG_20180510_012959.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Bryan Amaiwe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 26, 2018
Agbor / Delta
@MJ, you said i should forget the commandment of time and focus on productocracy.

All my fastlane adventure is focused on the 6 LVS (legacy value system).

My question....

Should i also forget the 6 LVS which is part of time commandment and focus on productocracy?

Without the 6 LVS, the commandment of scale Will be impotent.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It never ceases to amaze me that people who got rich (fast) via entrepreneurship continue to peddle the same BS about time, compound interest, and the whole scheme which props-up the "retirement" slave trade.

I didn't get rich doing this, but hey, you can!

Anyone can be a millionaire — with the right mind-set

Cuban’s larger point is that saving into a broad stock fund is enough for anyone to retire, thanks to compounding.

A dollar in a simple, low-cost stock index fund is likely to double within 10 years. Then that $2 will turn into $4 and then $8 and so on. “If you can find a way to save, if you can find a way to invest inexpensively in the market, you can start to build your net worth,” Cuban says.

Nobody is barred from enjoying the wealth-building magic of compounding. It doesn’t take luck or an appearance on a TV show to make it big.

All it takes, Cuban says, is frugality, discipline and time.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
It never ceases to amaze me that people who got rich (fast) via entrepreneurship continue to peddle the same BS about time, compound interest, and the whole scheme which props-up the "retirement" slave trade.

Lets have a look at the Author... Mitch Tuchman - the Managing Director at Rebalance IRA... HMMM
r84vdq8.png

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

I think the writers just ripped off Cuban's words just to interpret it for their own agenda to promote the SCRIPT shrill.

When making a business, it does makes sense not to spend and consume to death lol. So Cuban isn't totally wrong.

But I think Cuban should just stick to building and running businesses.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Oh the things that get the Scripted sheeple wound up in a tizzy.

Did Bryce Harper’s Dad Cheat to Help His Son Win the Home Run Derby?

Sometimes I just want to turn everything off and go live in the wilderness, never again reading about a possible rule violation in an exhibition game, Kim K's a$$, or how "latest hot show" was shockingly canceled.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Oh the things that get the Scripted sheeple wound up in a tizzy.

Did Bryce Harper’s Dad Cheat to Help His Son Win the Home Run Derby?

Sometimes I just want to turn everything off and go live in the wilderness, never again reading about a possible rule violation in an exhibition game, Kim K's a$$, or how "latest hot show" was shockingly canceled.

I feel like this is a chicken-and-egg scenario: Which comes first as the cause of this sort of stuff, the sheeple or the media?

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas

So the Multi-billionaire's advice on how to get rich is cut your coupons, eat Rahmen, drive a rust bucket and save your pennies (one day 60 years from now you will have a MILLION dollars and it will buy you a loaf of bread). Is that how he made his BILLIONS?!?!?!?!?!? No but then again Mark doesn't want any real competition or anyone to actually know how HE did it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
No medium is free from the dogmatic BS. From a trade association newspaper for nurses in AZ...

What do really rich people say about money?

Apparently nothing that really made them rich.

None of these things made them rich. These "strategies" might have set the plate for wealth, but nothing here turns a thousandaire into a billionaire. No mention of risks, entrepreneurhsip -- just more of the same 50 year defensive BS on how to squeeze a penny from a nickel.

IMG_0515.JPG

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.