• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Notable! The [SCRIPTED] Vault (Dogmatic Social Engineering)

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Yoda, May 8, 2017.

1. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,165
    "Garland Greene: Now you're talking semantics. What if I told you insane was working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years... at the end of which they tell you to piss off? Ending up in some retirement village... hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time. Wouldn't you consider that to be insane?"

What if I told you that was the best case scenario for your scripted path? What if I told you that you could end up like the woman in that article? What if I told you that everything you've been fed you entire life is bullshit to keep you marching straight ahead to your doom, lining the pockets of the fat cats who set up the system in the first place?

What if I told you there was a better way?

OldFaithful, Sheps, ZF Lee and 4 others like this.
  2. Dark Water

Dark Water Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $96
    Girl I was hanging out with last night, we've been seeing each other for about 8 months.

"I'm getting a $5,000 scholarship to do x and y... I was thinking about investing $1,000 of it in the stock market"

Then a 10 minute spiel about a 401k, etc etc.

"I mean we're going to be automatically working until we're 70 so you might as well have as much fun as possible while you can. No point in working too hard"

And on trying to explain the concept of "Fuck you" money... just couldn't get it through to her. "Well even if you're retired at 30, you'll just die early because your brain won't be active because you won't be working." or "Well you can't just do nothing all day" blah blah blah.

The funny thing is she goes to what is probably the #1 school for entrepreneurship in the country. Her dad is boss of a few companies. "But he still has to take calls on vacation.. for example last time we went on vacation he was taking calls for the first two days."

I'd rather be working remotely while on vacation with the family, even if I had to do a 12 hour day or two during part of the vacation, because you still have that freedom. Apparently that couldn't click with her, as if the alternative of working in a cubicle for 50 weeks and having 2 weeks paid vacation is any better.

3. Yoda

Yoda Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $35
    This is slightly different, because I think you need to consider her relationship with her Dad. She may look at it like she's waited all this time to go on vacation with him and he's not even 'there' the first two days.

Sometimes it's about the quality of time, not necessarily where it takes place.

Autonomy, my friends.

ChaseFade, Kade, Sheps and 5 others like this.
  4. G-Man

G-Man Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,535
    I know this is a personal anecdote and not an article, but I feel it's in the spirit of the thread.

At my cigar club last night, just trying to unwind while looking over a fileshare, and this 27 year old accountant who overshares about his financial situation (proud of his slowlane success) corners me to talk about buying a house:

Him: We're going to buy a house, and I'm trying to explain to my wife that having a mortgage is actually better than paying rent.
    Me: Sure
    Him: In (Insert city) you can easily find houses for under 300k, and she's a software engineer, and in a couple years I oughtta be able to get a senior staff accountant position, and we already make 6 figures between us, and I have a 770 credit score blah, blah, blah
    Me: Well if you're taking home 6 figures and buy something less than 300k, you should be just fine (stand up about to pretend to go take a piss so I can walk away. This dude is such a drag. Seriously, who gave this man a locker?)
    Him: Yeah, It should only take us another 6 months to put together the 10% down payment

This dude that has a six figure income and no children, apparently needs a year or more to put together 30k, and is sitting there bragging about his credit score. Bragging about your ability to borrow while having no cash. If that isn't the script I don't know what is.

Scariest detail: Not that long ago I thought exactly like this guy.

AnMSo, Argue, ChaseFade and 21 others like this.
  5. Yoda

Yoda Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $35
    Ford to Cut 10% of Global Workers

The cuts are said to largely target salaried employees. It’s unclear if hourly factory workers are included, the Journal said.
    Followed up by:

"Look, we're as frustrated as you are by the stock price," Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford said.

Sheps, ZF Lee, Contrarian and 5 others like this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $207,956
    Admin Post
    Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 12.57.08 PM.png

ChaseFade, ZF Lee, HayesTech and 7 others like this.
  7. G-Man

G-Man Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,535
    Overall household debt now over the prior peak in 2008. Did something happen in '08?

8. Contrarian

Contrarian Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,579
    Courtesy of Faceache, regarding the upcoming UK election:

"What he is saying is the only thing that should matter. Not how he looks. Not how you judge his personality. His actual message. His policies. His promises. And you know, I really think he will try to keep them all, as much as he can."

9. Pilot35

Pilot35 Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $779
    [​IMG]

AnMSo, Contrarian, Argue and 14 others like this.
  10. G-Man

Rep Bank:
    $8,535
  11. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $207,956
  12. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $19,259
    5 facts that prove Americans don’t know anything about managing money

"60% of Americans wouldn’t have enough savings to pay for a $500 expense if it came up unexpectedly"

"U.S. consumers owe $1.0004 trillion on their cards, up 6.2% from a year ago"

"owe more than $1 trillion for our cars"

And the kicker:

"Americans report being more concerned about affording that vacation (36%) than having adequate retirement savings (32%)"

Come on people! You can take that vacation when you're 70 and retired with millions! That 401(k) ain't gonna fund itself! :rofl:

13. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke wubba lubba dub dub Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,780
    G-Man likes this.
  14. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $207,956
    Admin Post
    Thread marked NOTABLE!

More SCRIPTED goulash straight from Dictionary.com! (Screenshot grabbed from the INSIDE)

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 8.46.45 AM.png

15. Waspy

Waspy Float like a butterfly Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,627
    This sent a shiver down my spine. The sidewalk is terrifying.

Contrarian, Sheps, ZF Lee and 2 others like this.
  16. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $207,956
    Admin Post
    There's some statistics in my new book that were utterly pathetic. When I went looking for such data (retirement funds, savings, etc.) I was expecting a certain level of futility, but when I actually found the data, my mouth was on the floor. It was much worse than I would have guessed.

Contrarian, ChaseFade, Yoda and 4 others like this.
  17. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,939
    Not even a weekend? Does a weekend counts as a break? Public holidays? What happened to TGIF?:rofl:
    I can't believe that people live for vacations instead of people having vacations as part of a wholesome life.

It will become hell when the purchasing power of that $500 is reduced by inflation...
    Most of the SCRIPTED folks have next to nothing to beat inflation, let alone create a Fastlane/UNSCRIPTED business.

Oh, so that's where the opportunity cost in my economics lessons came from!
    Bravo, @MidwestLandlord ! You have become kind of a terminology guy now!

It's one thing to sacrifice some time to build a business system that buys freedom. But it's another thing if time is sacrificed for your WHOLE life just because 'time=money'.

GMSI7D and SindbadtheSailor like this.
  18. Caonex Abreu

Caonex Abreu Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $803
    upload_2017-5-24_11-13-6.png Who makes a million a year from a 9-5?

19. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,488

there is a saying among people in secret societies " people who don't use their head are not better than animals "

Meaning-of-Life-Comic.jpg

social engineering is everywhere because people behave like animals

they don't question anything, they believe every BS out there. they will leave nothing for posterity

ZF Lee likes this.
  20. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $207,956
    Admin Post
    It says WITHOUT a 9-5.

ZF Lee, SindbadtheSailor and Yoda like this.
  21. Yoda

Rep Bank:
    $35
    The people who pay the wages of a 9-5 employee.

Ika, TeveTorbes, Contrarian and 5 others like this.
  22. E-Sharp

E-Sharp Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $896
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/13/business/noncompete-clauses.html?_r=0

I made the mistake once of agreeing to a contractor position based solely on my conversation with the person hiring me. Actually I did ask to see the contract and was told "you'll see it when we meet to sign it, it's everything we've discussed". I didn't challenge that and insist on viewing the contract prior to accepting the offer. Of course on the day of signing, the contract contained a non-compete (which the company was later decent enough not to enforce). I didn't know they wouldn't enforce it, so spent a few years stressed and fearful about the future impact of the non-compete.

The crazy part was I didn't need that position, I had other options at the time. I like the concept of fuck you position, and feel that even without having substantial assets or full control of my income stream, there was some unrecognized form of fuck you positioning available to me during the hiring process, had I been more assertive and approached the interview and negotiation in a smarter way.

Last edited: May 24, 2017 at 1:50 PM
  23. G-Man

Rep Bank:
    $8,535
    This Week in Appropriation: Kooks Burritos and Willamette Week

Portland social justice types shut down a burrito joint because owners aren't correct ethnicity. Apparently, recognizing and appreciating a quality product, and trying to import it to your home market is now "colonialism".

Script = miserable crabs telling you you can't do something because you're white/black/brown/yellow/man/woman/straight/gay/christian/muslim/fat/skinny/ugly/pretty just so they can keep you in their bucket of fucking misery.

24. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,165
    There are several Chipotles in Portland, Founder is a white guy. Let's see Portland protest Chipotle.

Contrarian, ZF Lee, Nily and 2 others like this.
  25. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $207,956
    Admin Post
    Featured+

But don't the buckets of misery tell you which victim card to play?