The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The One App That Guarantees You Become A Fastlane Millionaire

Steve Han

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 25, 2012
Hi guys,

I'm testing the waters here..
What if....there's an app that guarantees you'll become a fastlane millionaire?
Would you buy it if it's sold at...let's say $4.99?

How much are you willing to pay really?
Let's not talk about how and what - let's say that IF there's such an app - and it comes with 100% ironclad guarantee that you'll become a fastlane millionaire once you fulfill the requirements in the app (in which you can fully measure and track your progress) OR your money back - heck, it can be something like 10 times or 100 times your money back...

Would you buy it?:D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Why, that's a silly thought experiment.

If such a thing existed, it would need to come with a time frame. For example, can I be a Fastlane millionaire in one year? Three years? Five? Seven, 15, 20, 40 years? The longer the wait, the more worthless it seems.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
But theres not such an app and never will be such an app so spending time to discuss such an app would be a wate of time, money, and brain cells. If someone were to advertise something like this, it is a scam.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
Agreed with the guys. The only thing I could buy is an app that measures the progresses of my goals, in a way similar to a game.

Steve Han

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 25, 2012
Ah yes, thanks for the feedback, The-J..

What if....the time frame you required to become a millionaire depends on how much effort you put - and you're gonna be "quantifying" all these efforts into the app.

A simple analogy : Most people give up just because the fastlane road is hard and arduous - and yes it is indeed so. That's why not everyone here in this forum who says "I'll become a millionaire in less than 10 years" - will actually become a millionaire just like they said they would.I'm sure you and I are on the same page about this. Just like MJ said in his book - "Millionaire is forged by process, not an event"

It's just like a runner who's running for a marathon but he / she doesn't know how far he / she has run, and yes we all know that if you keep your perseverance and prevail you'll reach the finish line eventually( e.g. Become a millionaire ) - what IF........

There's an app that lets you see "the finish line" and how far you have to run, and how far along you are since the beginning of the start line....don't you think that it will help you somehow in persevering and prevailing?

Apply the same principle in your journey to become a Fastlane millionaire ( again assuming that such an APP existed ), would you buy the app?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
You guy's aren't trying...

I can see how someone could make something like this.
Do this
then this
then that
then the other.

No one here (well, maybe one person) would buy this.

A SlowLaner might but it but most won't do what the app told them to.

I'd price it high, $39-$70

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Make an app with the fancy title, cool icon, and description that makes them thing buying it makes them rich, then charge $999. Worth a shot, right? lol

Steve Han

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 25, 2012
@Oddball : Actually I was thinking something that's more outrageous - MJ endorsing the app. :thumbsup:

And for every fastlaner on this Forum: Yes the idea is silly and perhaps borderline Impossible. That's why I was throwing you guys a strictly hypothetical question - "If such an app existed, would you buy it?"

Now let's just entertain ourselves for a sec and pretend that this app exists. Will you buy it guys? How much money are you willing to part with? - special thanks to jon.a, replying with $39-70...

LRY

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 25, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
I know there will never be an app with a guarantee of wealth because the process to becoming wealthy is found in "the process" or "in the journey" itself. Its not about the destination of your journey.

But, if you insist on selling it to some slowlaners, go high like oddball said, $999.89

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
If such an app existed, what value are you giving? Success is, IMO, a matter of doing tiny stuff constantly to achieve bigger goals. A marathon runner can see the final line because it's something physical, in business you don't. You can't use the same timeframe for the guy that has a business in RE than the one that has an online startup. Not sure if I'm clear, but there are way more factors in a business to say that you can guarantee.

For that reasons, I'm out.

Jon.p is right, wantrepreneurs and action fakers would buy it.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
The guarantee would have to stipulate that they did what the app told them to.
Slowlaners won't, so no risk.
It sounds a little guruish to me though.

and it comes with 100% ironclad guarantee that you'll become a fastlane millionaire once you fulfill the requirements in the app (in which you can fully measure and track your progress) OR your money back - heck, it can be something like 10 times or 100 times your money back...

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Give yourself a pat on the back, since you have your creative juices flowing.

But what's going to happen with this app is that you are going to end up fighting with all your clients over the technicalities of your guarantee.

Because you are trying to make a promise of something that is impossible to guarantee. The only thing you can guarantee is a FEELING of satisfaction... nothing else. You can't promise results because that is entirely up to the individual.

Move on to the next idea.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If you GUARANTEE that customers will become fastlane millionaires you would be lying.

Jamillah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2012
CO
What if...you made this into a just-for-fun kind of app. Finish all of the steps, and you get a badge or icon saying you're an "app name" Millionaire. And you can see if your friends finish the steps too.

Random thinking :smx4:

Steve Han

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 25, 2012
Give yourself a pat on the back, since you have your creative juices flowing.

But what's going to happen with this app is that you are going to end up fighting with all your clients over the technicalities of your guarantee.

Because you are trying to make a promise of something that is impossible to guarantee. The only thing you can guarantee is a FEELING of satisfaction... nothing else. You can't promise results because that is entirely up to the individual.

Move on to the next idea.

Well, thank you Jonleehacker - I realize I was coming in too strong with the title "One App That Guarantees.."
Alright, I guess I owe an APOLOGY to all the fastlaners on this forum. I was trying to make my message as provocative as possible, I guess..:D

jon.a

Make a game instead

Yes, I was thinking somewhere along the line, jon.a, thank you for the feedback.

Alright, thanks for all the feedback fastlaners, really appreciate it. Time to move on to the next idea and ACT on it.:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.