The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The haters

D

Deleted21961

No, you believe it is true, that's your problem. :) just like you can only believe thatgravity will work tomorrow, but you can't prove it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
No, you believe it is true, that's your problem. :) just like you can only believe thatgravity will work tomorrow, but you can't prove it.
LOL.

no I know its true because I drive LOL

and what? I cant prove gravity? wtf. your right I cant prove it to you... I cant prove your being a douche either but hey... that hardly makes it not true :)

D

Deleted21961

You really don't see that what "science" can do is only to extrapolate past events?
If you had been an alien and observed traffic in one human city for a day, you could have reasoned that when the red lights are on, the traffic stops. You could have been very proud of your discovery and call it the Law. And next they you could have presented your Law to your fellow aliens and be humiliated, because just in this moment, one 'pirate' driver wouldn't has stopped. That's precisely how physics looks like today.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
You really don't see that what "science" can do is only to extrapolate past events?
If you had been an alien and observed traffic in one human city for a day, you could have reasoned that when the red lights are on, the traffic stops. You could have been very proud of your discovery and call it the Law. And next they you could have presented your Law to your fellow aliens and be humiliated, because just in this moment, one 'pirate' driver wouldn't has stopped. That's precisely how physics looks like today.
dude. :D a for effort really.

I am the last person you need to convince of something like this. science is an understanding what we can perceive today. this is a business board. not a philosophical one. I think we should add this topic up there with politics an relgion... :)

D

Deleted21961

dude. :D a for effort really.

I am the last person you need to convince of something like this. science is an understanding what we can perceive today. this is a business board. not a philosophical one. I think we should add this topic up there with politics an relgion... :)
Yeah, but I could still argue that knowing that *everything* is just a belief is of great importance for entrepreneurs. ;)

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
This thread has gotten quite interesting.

I get where you are coming from. It is interesting, and at times frustrating, to see how some people think.
Any assumption of how you can afford your possessions is annoying, especially if it assumes you've never put in work.

Either way, acknowledge it, brace yourself for it and keep it moving.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, but I could still argue that knowing that *everything* is just a belief is of great importance for entrepreneurs. ;)

not just entrepreneurs. but to that effect. politics is of great importance to entrepreneurs also but yet still not allowed here ;) (same could be argued about religion)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Math and logic are the only fields of study with proofs. No scientist will argue that science proves anything. The goal of science is to gain some understanding of the world by disproving certain things.

Statistics on the other hand might be relevant to this particular discussion.
TY!!

D

Deleted21961

Math and logic are the only fields of study with proofs. No scientist will argue that science proves anything. The goal of science is to gain some understanding of the world by disproving certain things.

Statistics on the other hand might be relevant to this particular discussion.
That's precisely what I mean. You can't be sure of anything in the real world and only believe. And pretend that you are comfortable with it.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
That's precisely what I mean. You can't be sure of anything in the real world and only believe. And pretend that you are comfortable with it.
I am sure of certain things...

certain things I know to my core. just because I cant prove them to you or anyone else doesn't make it wrong...

what is the criteria for being deemed a troll around here? I feel this guys getting close to it...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
How is this so? People believe in God and do useful stuff.
if you live like this you will never get anything useful done.

hes not wrong... annoying yes. but the belief is not what has the power, its YOUR ENERGY that you put forth in the name of that belief that matters.

if you know you control your reality by your beliefs you CAN DO ANYTHING. still think your going about what your doing in the wrong way @Grzegorz Gołda

HarryR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 21, 2013
NC, USA or traveling
sorry, I think my post was misunderstood. I meant if you focus on how uncertain everything is is difficult to get other things done. Maybe I just don't have much mental energy compared to other people, but I can't afford to walk down the street contemplating everything that could possibly go wrong.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
sorry, I think my post was misunderstood. I meant if you focus on how uncertain everything is is difficult to get other things done. Maybe I just don't have much mental energy compared to other people, but I can't afford to walk down the street contemplating everything that could possibly go wrong.
yes that post I understand much better :) thank you for the clarification

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
How is this so? People believe in God and do useful stuff.
This has went from a video about hateful comments to your pointless arguments and even more irrelevant about peoples beliefs in god.
Where exactly are you hoping to go with this? People are entitled to their own opinions but arguing it to the point where its getting a bit monotonous?.. Give it a rest mate

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
What ever you hold in your possession only becomes a weapon with intention and motivation. Just like a knife is used to cut an apple, and does its job safely, you can throw it at someone and kill them. It doesn't matter what the object is, it all comes down to whether you use it for good or evil. There is always cause and effect to every action or reaction. Every thought even out of madness or sanity. You just define the thoughts, words, and actions. You have the intention to create harm or be harmless to another human being. It's your choice. The Lucifer effect: Placed in the right situation or circumstance you can be good or evil, no matter how good you may believe you are in the moment, you can still be evil. Even the Hero can be the enemy. Depends on your belief system, perception, and frame of mind at the time in your experience.

If you're driving recklessly: The cause is death to you, or someone else in the right conditions and experience. Very simple. Nothing really to argue about.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
No, you believe it is true, that's your problem. just like you can only believe thatgravity will work tomorrow, but you can't prove it.
Oh for crying out loud, when I read drivel like this, I can't help but think, "Where's that 'negative rep' button?'" You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Also, if you want to drive at 150 mph, fine. Simply buy or rent your own race track. You have no right to endanger me or my family to just to prove you have big balls.

BTW, if you haven't read the book (which I suspect you haven't, given this idiotic argument), @MJ DeMarco discusses a similar dynamic in his book. Consider the decision-analysis. Is the thrill of speed-driving worth the risks?
The Reward: Small, fleeting, shallow
The Risks: Huge, potential to kill, potential to be killed, potential for financial devastation.

Sheesh!

(Just for the record, I'm not hating on fast cars. I'm hating people who risk the lives of innocent bystanders purely to get a thrill. F*cktards.)

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
If this were Youtube, once the Universe was brought into the conversation, it would have devolved into a bunch of racist remarks about each other's mothers. Yay for staying on topic!

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
This thread got a little out of hand :(

I have to agree with most of you on here though, driving recklessly at 150 mph+ on a public highway to impress who? What for? and why? Shows you don't care about the consequences. You thrive more for the moment. But i guess they'll learn one day like the guy in the F50 did, or did he.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yes, everyone can be right or wrong in their opinion and belief system. Spend enough time in debate forums on politics, religion, and any other subject that people feel passionate about their emotions get fired up and act on their emotions. They have to be right and the other person wrong. Some even argue so much because they have to be right. We don't like to be wrong.

Everyone on the other side of the fence is darn right evil. Just because that's the matrix. The game of life. Segregate and separate the masses into religion, politics, age, race, financial status, stereotypes, etc. etc. We forget we all have the same human nature. It's not our differences that divide us, but the ego or power, control, and manipulation. What ever we hold to be our passion and truth justifies our actions. Even if we're the dude racing down the street killing someone. It's everyone else's fault why we think, act, and behave in society no matter what side of the fence we stand. Some one has to play the role of victim, persecutor, and rescuer. Someone needs to play the role to harm and some one needs to play the role of being harmless. Perhaps Shakespeare is correct. We are actors and actresses on stage. We play the part and own the part.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
This thread got a little out of hand :(

I have to agree with most of you on here though, driving recklessly at 150 mph+ on a public highway to impress who? What for? and why? Shows you don't care about the consequences. You thrive more for the moment. But i guess they'll learn one day like the guy in the F50 did, or did he.

For some, they've taken the "YOLO" mentality and gone off in a total different direction and interpreted to mean "Do anything you want, regardless of consequences and who it will endanger"...like those kids that drove onto an active racetrack while laughing about it. It's pretty frightening when you see how dumb some people can be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.