The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The haters

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
This thread is over a video I recently watched uploaded by Speedracer on youtube.

It was the video where a bunch of guys take their Lamborghini's, A Ferrari F50, Mclaren, Bugatti Pur Blanc, and a GTR through New York's highways at speeds over 130+mph.

After I watched the video I immediately went into the comment section and it's crazy the assumptions people make.. One said that the cars were bought with daddy's money or they're drug dealers. Crazy how much people make assumptions. Because I know for sure the owner of the Pur Blanc Ben Chen owns a few clubs in Boston, And the F50 driver has Trade-Coin.!! I am only talking about what people are saying about how they earned the cars.!! Nothing about how they are driving. The way they are driving is moronic.

Check out the video on youtube:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
That's human nature unfortunately. Few are those that can surpass this, and remove jealousy and envy from their thoughts. Being authentically happy for someone else's achievements is a rarity. People would much rather assume the wrong things and put someone down.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
This thread is over a video I recently watched uploaded by Speedracer on youtube.

It was the video where a bunch of guys take their Lamborghini's, A Ferrari F50, Mclaren, Bugatti Pur Blanc, and a GTR through New York's highways at speeds over 130+mph.

After I watched the video I immediately went into the comment section and it's crazy the assumptions people make.. One said that the cars were bought with daddy's money or they're drug dealers. Crazy how much people hate and hate and hate and hate. Because I know for sure the owner of the Pur Blanc Ben Chen owns a few clubs in Boston, And the F50 driver has Trade-Coin.

This is just a rant on how people that worked hard to get what they have are assumed right away and hated on.

Check out the video on youtube:

Sorry, @RadioActive, I am a street racer from the days of old. When we raced we went out by ourselves and did not endanger others, desolate back roads. It was still illegal but the only ones we would have killed are each other.

The only thing cool about the video is the cars. Running them at 130 on public highways is just stupid. I guess that makes me a hater. I think my GMC pickup can weave in and out of cars on the highway at 130. Does that make it cool too?

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
I guess that makes me a hater.
I was more of talking about the comments on them being drug dealers and on.

I do agree with you that driving 130+ on public highways is dangerous, but it sure does look like a lot of funn.

G

GuestUser113

Me personally. I would have to overlook the haters on this one. These folks are going entirely too fast on public roads. Stupid behavior.

D

DeletedUser394

I want to start a towing company just so I can impound those idiots.

Money does not place you above the law.

Considering the main demographic on car videos.. or any youtube videos, are young children and immature louts, I never put any thought into who comments.

In the 6+ years (or however long it's been) of having a youtube account, I've never posted a single comment. Not worth it. More fun to win in real life than in a comment war.

G

GuestUser113

In the 6+ years (or however long it's been) of having a youtube account, I've never posted a single comment. Not worth it. More fun to win in real life than in a comment war.

I never understood keyboard cowboys. I guess people would rather be lazy & bitch/complain about something. Grow-up, good grief.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
When did you usually run your cars? My dad told me when i got my license recently that if i wanted to go fast do it at 1-2 am-ish on a country backroad.
if you want to go fast, find a local track. those deer are just about as forgiving as a brick wall

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
if you want to go fast, find a local track. those deer are just about as forgiving as a brick wall
This is almost turning into a reverse rant lol. But yeah, very very true. Deer will F*ck your car upp

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
This is almost turning into a reverse rant lol. But yeah, very very true. Deer will F*ck your car upp
yeah... thankfully I got a nice wake up call (if you can call a $500 ticket and a suspended license with a $150 restoration fee ontop of that nice) I was speeding (clocked at 94mph I had been going faster) on 95 in the middle of the night. thinking I was being smart and safe. no traffic clear night could see for miles. thankful it was just a ticket and not a deer :p

that said just an fyi most states will suspend you for anything over 80mph or more than 20+ over the posted speed limit. and if your going over 100 its take you in arrested... I was technically arrested that night (6more mph and I would have been in actual jail and had to post bail). I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD BE ARRESTED FOR SPEEDING ALONE. again thankful it was just a ticket. it could have been much much worse.

next time I speed like that it will be on a track ;)

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
New thread title: I have $20 but am worried about how jealous people will be when I buy my Veyron SS.

It's YouTube comments. Stop worrying and get back to the grind.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
When did you usually run your cars? My dad told me when i got my license recently that if i wanted to go fast do it at 1-2 am-ish on a country backroad.
Just first of all make sure you are confident in your driving capabilites I reckon takes at least 4-5 years. Get good tyres and brakes if your going to drive just a little bit fast ;)

Watching that video gave me goosebumps because of the Bug but seriously driving that fast during the day is crazy, so many things could have went wrong (oil spills, driving error due to their own or other cars fault) thus risking life's of people.
Crazy but regarding the comment section you are on about with the Drug Dealers etc,
The old saying "Haters will see you walk on water and say its cause you cant swim".
Hell you could drive a old banged out car be happy with it and still get a nasty comment.

D

DeletedUser394

What a great thread. I'm posting just for the updates.

Not sure if sarcasm haha, but in any case if you want to follow threads without having to post in them you can click the 'Watch Thread' link near the top right of every thread.

D

Deleted21961

Wait -- why driving fast on public roads is stupid? Don't you make another assumptions, like those guys about money? Maybe drivers are superb wheel ninjas. Shitty drivers running slowly are far more dangerous than ultra drivers running fast.

You are criticizing people for holding rigid thought patterns and have the same patterns in your minds.

I know, I know, your patterns are obviously right. Everybody knows that speeding is dangerous. Just like everybody knows that rich are thieves.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Wait -- why driving fast on public roads is stupid? Don't you make another assumptions, like those guys about money? Maybe drivers are superb wheel ninjas. Shitty drivers running slowly are far more dangerous than ultra drivers running fast.

You are criticizing people for holding rigid thought patterns and have the same patterns in your minds.

I know, I know, your patterns are obviously right. Everybody knows that speeding is dangerous. Just like everybody knows that rich are thieves.
haha its funny you say this... that was my exact argument for speeding :p my reflexes and driving are much better and safer even going 94 than some other drivers can drive EVER. I see people doing the speed limit that are so very dangerous and clearly should not be driving..

the reason I agree with the statement that what they did was stupid because they were not only putting themselves at risk but everyone else on that road with them...

in my case there was literally NO ONE FOR MILES AND MILES. I was very very safely speeding ;)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Wait -- why driving fast on public roads is stupid? Don't you make another assumptions, ike those guys about money? Maybe drivers are superb wheel ninjas. Shitty drivers running slowly are far more dangerous than ultra drivers running fast.

I do agree some slow drivers are stupid as well. However, driving is not a right, it is earned. No one has the right to kill me or my family on the highway just because they can afford a high end car. Driving judgement does not automatically come with the money, but, with young bucks, big balls usually do. Go get ballsy somewhere else.

If speed didn't increase danger then they would not slow down the field whenever rescue workers are on the NASCAR track after a wreck. They also wouldn't enforce a speed limit on the pit row and this is with experienced drivers in controlled situations.

You can assume these drivers have experience on the highways and are safe drivers. However, they are not the only ones on the road. Too many uncontrolled variables. If one of them were to hit you in the back while you were with your family you would feel differently. When you have seen one of your friends impaled on the steering wheel after hitting an innocent older driver at 150+ you will change your mind. When you see another friend destroyed after hitting the back end of a parked semi at 100+ you would see things differently.

Take it to the track.

http://www.motorsportranch.com/
http://texasmotorplex.com/
http://www.fortworth.com/events/annual-events/races/

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I do agree some slow drivers are stupid as well. However, driving is not a right, it is earned. No one has the right to kill me or my family on the highway just because they can afford a high end car. Driving judgement does not automatically come with the money, but, with young bucks, big balls usually do. Go get ballsy somewhere else.

If speed didn't increase danger then they would not slow down the field whenever rescue workers are on the NASCAR track after a wreck. They also wouldn't enforce a speed limit on the pit row and this is with experienced drivers in controlled situations.

You can assume these drivers have experience on the highways and are safe drivers. However, they are not the only ones on the road. Too many uncontrolled variables. If one of them were to hit you in the back while you were with your family you would feel differently. When you have seen one of your friends impaled on the steering wheel after hitting an innocent older driver at 150+ you will change your mind. When you see another friend destroyed after hitting the back end of a parked semi at 100+ you would see things differently.

Take it to the track.

http://www.motorsportranch.com/
http://texasmotorplex.com/
http://www.fortworth.com/events/annual-events/races/

/agree

D

Deleted21961

Yeah, and if slowlane work didn't make you rich, people would not work very hard everyday in jobs they hate.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Yeah, and if slowlane work didn't make you rich, people would not work very hard everyday in jobs they hate.

Sorry, not apples to apples. If you screw up on your fastlane acting the shit you can't kill me. If you screw up on the highway acting the shit you can kill others.

D

Deleted21961

Sorry, not apples to apples. If you screw up on your fastlane acting the shit you can't kill me. If you screw up on the highway acting the shit you can kill others.
That's not the point. If you want to use "you can kill" argument, then you have to include ALL human activities. You will say that it is more probable to kill by overspeeding, and I will ask: how do you know? And even if it is (but you have no way of knowing it, in fact): what probability allows you to tell if act is dangerous or not? 50%? 49.73%? 15.123123123123%? How do you tell that?

The point is, all of you use exactly the same thought patterns, only applied to different beliefs. One believes that speed kills and another one that rich are thieves. It's like catholic vs jewish argument, when the truth is that it doesn't matter.

(Disclaimer: I don't believe that speed kills or not kills or whatever. Universe kills)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
That's not the point. If you want to use "you can kill" argument, then you have to include ALL human activities. You will say that it is more probable to kill by overspeeding, and I will ask: how do you know? And even if it is (but you have no way of knowing it, in fact): what probability allows you to tell if act is dangerous or not? 50%? 49.73%? 15.123123123123%? How do you tell that?

The point is, all of you use exactly the same thought patterns, only applied to different beliefs. One believes that speed kills and another one that rich are thieves. It's like catholic vs jewish argument, when the truth is that it doesn't matter.

(Disclaimer: I don't believe that speed kills or not kills or whatever. Universe kills)

I did not say speed kills. I said, and it is proven, that the increase in speed increases the carnage when a collision occurs for whatever reason and no matter who is at fault.

D

Deleted21961

In exactly same way you can say that it is proven that probability of death in a fight increases when one of the fightera has a weapon.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
In exactly same way you can say that it is proven that probability of death in a fight increases when one of the fightera has a weapon.

Ahh, I see, you like to argue. I didn't say anything about a weapon or a fight. Physics doesn't care about your argument or what you believe.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
sure you could... and it does. just because there is a chance it increases it doesn't make it inherently bad. there is a higher chance of crashing at high speeds. this is NOT AN OPINION. it takes you longer to stop. your reaction time is lessened and your small movments can be drastically exasperated. that's the awesome thing about facts. THEY ARE TRUE WHETHER YOU BELIEVE THEY ARE OR NOT :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.