The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The "Half Baked" Ideas Thread

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
bamboo straws?

rent 3d printers to restaurants that you mod out to do nothing but mass produce straws? (apparently the filament can be recycled)

sort of makes the metal / paper thing moot if you can just recycle the used straws in house.

I sort of feel like this single idea has gotten enough traction that someone should probably get moving on this. LOL

D

Deleted5250X

bamboo straws?

rent 3d printers to restaurants that you mod out to do nothing but mass produce straws? (apparently the filament can be recycled)

sort of makes the metal / paper thing moot if you can just recycle the used straws in house.

I sort of feel like this single idea has gotten enough traction that someone should probably get moving on this. LOL

I think the battle is that Plastic Straws have been banned.

And it’s at fast food places that it’s most affecting.

For restaurants I can see the metal straws. But what about your local McDonalds or Starbucks.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
So INSIDERS has "Fastlane Ideas: Executioner Needed" and we have "
100 Unsexy Business Ideas: Name as many as you can!"

I thought it might be interesting to have a freeform / brain dump thread for just ideas in general. Remember no crying foul if someone executes on something you post. I'll start.

1.)Outsourced agriculture / crowdfunding :
So outsourced agriculture is a thing, its also a thing you can invest in , you can also do "donations" via microtransaction with sites like kiva (you dont keep the profits)
So I was thinking of sort of merging them , you use existing microtransaction and charity infastructure as point of contact / followup and a springboard.
Small farmers pitch the idea or folks in contact with them put them into the directory (we have x amount of land, with y yearly rainfall in z environment etc) and then folks bid on a farmer or an idea.
You could even customize it, maybe they grow golden pineapples right now but you need to secure a source of tea in 5 years time, well, you use this system to buy into the farmer and work with them to transition things. Maybe they grow cassava but you need it organic, well 'voila'
You're allowing small scale farmers to access cash and international markets but they get to retain control of day to day operations (and turn a higher profit hopefully)

2.) Subscripotion based hotel booking
So I just googled it and "finalprice" does something similar but...

Monthly flat rate subscription for x days a month hotels accomodations meeting y and z criteria for amenities.

Someone who travels a lot , be it a high power insurance company vp or a salesmen living out of his car , this person needs hotels and needs them a lot. Now people who travel a lot have "preferences" for certain hotels but brand loyalty isn't as big as it is in say, car buying or something (they aren't married to hilton or motel 6 as long as were in the ballpark)

You charge a flat monthly or yearly rate (different tiers of pricing) and they just give you say a weeks notice "ill be driving / flying in on this date" with their required amenities.

That info gets sent to a VA who arranges accommodations.
I think you'd lose money on the subscription, having to overpay for last minute bookings (although maybe with enough subscribers you could get discounts), I think the money here would be in the lead generation (up-sell) / data acquisition.

I now have a verified traveler and a date of arrival, can I upsell dining? lyft and uber? what about entertainment? , I can have a gift basket waiting in the room full of fruit and wine shooters and brochures. Who did they fly with last? southwest? I bet delta would be interested in offering them some kind of discount for next time, did they rent a car and do a red eye trip? who did they rent through? sure bet the competitors wish they could contact this person...

On the back-end I now have a customer profile probably worth something to someone and contact details, high power vp guy has great credit prefers xyz dining over abc, he never dines at the hotels but often uses the spas...
So we have a sort of "traveling business person" directory that we're able to build up and resell or sell access to.

3.) Rent Deposit Bounty Hunter service

So when you rent a place you put down a deposit, apparently this often doesn't cover damages , from the tenants point of view that last minute hustle to clean and try to get that money back is a major pain point, they already have to move boxes , now they have to clean as well?
So the company has say 3 person teams with a team lead, all of them generalists, carper removal and install, drywall repair, painting (you could even have those computerized paint match machines they have at hardware stores and walmarts and things in the back of the van to do touch ups on the spot)

Heres the pitch (and we pitch both tenants and owners) , we come in that last day and fix everything to predefined requirements and we take [INSERT BLANK] <- either a flat fee or a % of the deposit
So you'd need to do walk troughs and get something in writing beforehand on what constitutes "good enough" but I also think that as long as a deicison maker (for the property owner) is available last minute you could get them on board.

Focus initially on rentals around college campuses , the kids parents are the cosigners and they sure as hell arent flying down to help and they probably already thought that deposit money was a goner anyway (and of course college kids are destructive) , easy sell, easy win for everyone.
Low income areas, these people consider the deposit to be just another cost of living, for the most part they just presume they wont get it back, so what do they have to lose by letting your team take a crack at it?

The catch here is of course , if its a flat fee then why wouldnt they just do everything but the worst part themselves (say the carpet) then hire a carpet cleaner? , and low income folks wont have money for the fee.
If its a true "bounty" service , you might go to lots of sites where you can't possible fix things and turn a profit for the deposit amount, just wasting time.

But, that money is their sitting and waiting for someone to deliver on better / more efficient/ faster cleaning.

4.)VR Art Gallery
So this idea is sort of being executed on, but not in the way I envisioned.
So what if you could put on a vr helmet and go peruse galleries from the comfort of your own home?
Boom, ok so, We have a website with a directory of galleries to tour in virtual reality, you can buy the things you see .

Execution :we get a headset and vest setup (covered in cameras) and tie it into some AI run software (to detect painting and sculptures and capture lots of photos from different angles and such)
You send those to galleries all over the world for free , you send them another piece of software you've created for free as well, this software updates the main websites when they've sold a piece of art to someone on their end (so you dont sell a piece twice accidentally)

Someone at the art gallery walks around and the cameras take photos of all the pieces and capture artist bio's and prices, we send that info back to the gallery owner for verification and then publish it onto the website.
The gallery owner gets free exposure and more sales, you take a cut of any sales made via the website.

The initial out of pocket is huge of course as we've got 2 software programs and the hardware to integrate but I had this idea walking around the galleries in sedona arizona, definitely room for someone to come in and synchronize all these different players.

So when I said this was "sort of" being executed, I see companies that will either charge you an arm and a leg for a boutique experience (they'll make your gallery virtual) or companies advertising to get galleries onto their vr gallery platform, but I dont see that anyones made this a no brainer for the gallery owners or easy to use for art buyers, that is, its too many steps, in my mind someone at the gallery slowly saunters about the place for an hour or two and the software does the rest, we ship the hardware, we pay for return shipping, we onboard them with the software that makes sure a piece isnt sold twice and we handle getting folks to look at and buy the art.
No ones connected the dots and made this simple yet.

What are your half baked ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Hope there is an inventor here I can team up with. I propose making a kickstand pedal for toilet seats to lift them up and down like those trash can mechanisms.

I am deathly afraid of using public restrooms. With new gender issues coming to the forefront some businesses have stopped men's/women's room and made both into a "family" or "multi-gender" bathroom. Most women can probably argue that if that is the case, they can prepare to see piss all over the toilet seat. Guys do this because they are either lazy or don't like the idea of touching the toilet seat. With the pedal (I've lovingly decided to call it the Potty Pedal) we can lift the seat with out touching the seat and it by design, should lower the seat after the foot is removed. Seems petty, but for someone who would literally drive back home to use the rest room if home was withing a 10 min radius, this is worth it.

Walterbl

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 23, 2018
4.)VR Art Gallery

Execution :we get a headset and vest setup (covered in cameras) and tie it into some AI run software (to detect painting and sculptures and capture lots of photos from different angles and such)

That is actually quite cool. As an art lover, I can't wait for something to get it done.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
bamboo straws?

This one beats bamboo. Great idea

The question is if 3d printed straws would be as pleasant in use as plastic ones.

....or....

Let's take it to extreme:

Don't use typical 3d printer. Use desktop machine that makes straws and reuse them as filament on site.

It could be cheaper, faster and more precise (read straws would be more smooth) then stock 3d printer.

What do you think?

Last edited:

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
Call it "straws on demand". Wouldn't be hard to force low temp melted plastic out of an opening with a cutting blade. Much faster than printing and would work like a playdough machine.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Educational, interactive video games that replace college courses. And I don't mean people should learn subjects in some shoot-em-up. It's just that with all this technology in the Playstation / Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Wii / etc, I think that technology can be better utilized to create interactive courses.

So this is the traditional way of learning biology:

View: https://youtu.be/ob5U8zPbAX4

But I feel like we can do much better in 2019. We could have video games that actually let students explore the human nervous system. Humans have millions of years of evolutionary history of exploring things with their hands. I feel like us exploring abstract ideas in classrooms is just an insanely inefficient way of learning.

It could even be in VR with those controls that allow you to interact with things.

Also, there's a lot of science on the best ways to learn. We are not utilizing these. With video Games or apps we can set up a scientifically proven review schedule:

You can learn chemistry this way... ie experimenting and seeing which molecules or atoms bind together... you get immediate feedback if you're right or wrong.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Educational, interactive video games that replace college courses. And I don't mean people should learn subjects in some shoot-em-up. It's just that with all this technology in the Playstation / Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Wii / etc, I think that technology can be better utilized to create interactive courses.

So this is the traditional way of learning biology:

View: https://youtu.be/ob5U8zPbAX4

But I feel like we can do much better in 2019. We could have video games that actually let students explore the human nervous system. Humans have millions of years of evolutionary history of exploring things with their hands. I feel like us exploring abstract ideas in classrooms is just an insanely inefficient way of learning.

It could even be in VR with those controls that allow you to interact with things.

Also, there's a lot of science on the best ways to learn. We are not utilizing these. With video Games or apps we can set up a scientifically proven review schedule:

View attachment 27209

You can learn chemistry this way... ie experimenting and seeing which molecules or atoms bind together... you get immediate feedback if you're right or wrong.
Something like this would be cool:

Just utilizing PS4 / Nintendo Switch type graphics

Or how about something like Candy Crush or Tetris where you have to build certain molecules. Certain atoms won't bind with eachother, so those won't work. That would be an interesting way for people to learn chemistry.

Or Angry Birds physics.

Last edited:

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
San Jose, CA Bigg Biz Cluster of Software Fastlane
A subscription box with unique snacks, candies & drink mixes/bottled drinks from a region? Something that ships inside the USA, or has no hidden shipping or customs charges?

A buying service where you can request non-perishable items from stores or even street vendors in other countries, which get farmed out to contractors. An international Instacart with a few twists. You hunt for it online and off and can't find anything close. Imagine you came home from a trip and really want X in a local store that you saw in the country you just returned from. You put in a request to the system and a local visits the store and locates X on store shelves, from a picture or web listing you provide (you may have a photograph of the exact item while you were in the store). If contractor finds X, sends you photo / video of X found in the store, you view it and decide buy / change. When you buy, you pay through the platform the total cost of X in USD, the service fee with estimated shipping & duties. You could choose from multiple turnaround tiers, ASAP, 2 weeks, slow boat. Local contractor then sends X to your processing center in-country to process and combine / comingle customer shipments (if it's legal to do with the recieving country). "For the things you can't find in your country at any price".

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
A subscription box with unique snacks, candies & drink mixes/bottled drinks from a region? Something that ships inside the USA, or has no hidden shipping or customs charges?

A buying service where you can request non-perishable items from stores or even street vendors in other countries, which get farmed out to contractors. An international Instacart with a few twists. You hunt for it online and off and can't find anything close. Imagine you came home from a trip and really want X in a local store that you saw in the country you just returned from. You put in a request to the system and a local visits the store and locates X on store shelves, from a picture or web listing you provide (you may have a photograph of the exact item while you were in the store). If contractor finds X, sends you photo / video of X found in the store, you view it and decide buy / change. When you buy, you pay through the platform the total cost of X in USD, the service fee with estimated shipping & duties. You could choose from multiple turnaround tiers, ASAP, 2 weeks, slow boat. Local contractor then sends X to your processing center in-country to process and combine / comingle customer shipments (if it's legal to do with the recieving country). "For the things you can't find in your country at any price".
That's an interesting idea. I have friends who are absolutely obsessed with Ramune, which is a Japanese soda that has this marble in the cap.

Interesting way to exchange things that are culturally unique.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I guess this isn't a thing in Boston.
Screenshot_20190912-184355.png

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Hope there is an inventor here I can team up with. I propose making a kickstand pedal for toilet seats to lift them up and down like those trash can mechanisms.

I am deathly afraid of using public restrooms. With new gender issues coming to the forefront some businesses have stopped men's/women's room and made both into a "family" or "multi-gender" bathroom. Most women can probably argue that if that is the case, they can prepare to see piss all over the toilet seat. Guys do this because they are either lazy or don't like the idea of touching the toilet seat. With the pedal (I've lovingly decided to call it the Potty Pedal) we can lift the seat with out touching the seat and it by design, should lower the seat after the foot is removed. Seems petty, but for someone who would literally drive back home to use the rest room if home was withing a 10 min radius, this is worth it.
Check out "FLIPPER - the most reliable and inexpensive toilet seat lifter." The reviews aren't great. That is a great product to improve. And you could also add another foot pedal for the handle. This could also be combined with a great marketing anchor such as star wars, for example, to help sell it. I've decided to take this idea as i'm typing this out, since i'm a mechanical engineer. You better move to dallas and join me as partner :innocent: :halo:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW

I use public restrooms all the time and never touch anything. I use my shirt for the door if needed (paper towel is preferred) while at the toilet I lift the lid real quick with my shoe and flush with my shoe. If someone needs the lid put down, they can use their own shoe. If the sink area is bad, I just don't wash my hands. I'd rather have my germs on me than someone else's. Plus, my daddy taught me to not pee on my own hand so that solves that. ;)

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
That's an interesting idea. I have friends who are absolutely obsessed with Ramune, which is a Japanese soda that has this marble in the cap.

Interesting way to exchange things that are culturally unique.

As well as durable goods that are common in other countries but unheard of in your country.

Like a 8 liter plain ceramic water dispenser that cools water with Evaporative cooling or Type I electrical hardware common in Australia & New Zealand (their outlet standard). Target middle-income consumers and compete on value not price.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
4.)VR Art Gallery
So this idea is sort of being executed on, but not in the way I envisioned.
So what if you could put on a vr helmet and go peruse galleries from the comfort of your own home?
Boom, ok so, We have a website with a directory of galleries to tour in virtual reality, you can buy the things you see .

I have an answer for you although it might be complicated. This thread is actually EXACTLY ON TIME. I only saw this part about a VR museum because of Walterbl.

Ok, for years, museums have been dead set on this not happening. Slowly they have done some virtual tours that are basically moving pictures, no sound or explanation of the item. Permanent collections are easy, it's private collection pieces that are sometimes very hard, if not impossible. So once all the permission is granted from the owners of the pieces. You would be ok..... but that is months easier said than done. Some collectors just don't want their pieces on the internet. Like I said, permanent collections are way easier because they belong to the museum 100%. Even sometimes when a museum lends from one museum to another, they are very picky about who can take a picture of their item. It takes special permission.

Good news! Just within the last few months, museums have been promoting for people to take photo's inside the museums and tag others.

Bad news, this is for personal use only and for social media only. But, being able to take a picture inside of a museum is a HUGE step forward. I'm sure with the perfect sales person he or she could convince a museum to do it and then it would probably come slow for the others to agree. I doubt the museum would pay for this..... the odds of them paying are lower than slim to none.

Here is the problem.... probably not a problem for a lot of people, unless you are like me..... @ss kissing is a HUGE part of dealing with museums. If you urinate 1 person off at 1 museum..... forget them all! Dealing with museum people is an 'art' all in and of itself. lol All it takes is being black balled at 1 museum in the whole world..... yep, they are ALL in constant contact every day about something.

By the way, where is the profit in this? With an ad or 5 in the virtual tour or.....? Museums will not pay for this type of thing in our life time. I know some museums have worked with Google on some stuff but I have no idea where they are at with that. It's suppose to be something like..... you search the museum on Google and you can do a virtual tour. If that is completed at some museums, you can bet it is not done very well because the museums MUST provide the information and it MUST be proof read by a museum worker. Mary Lou can't get a job with Google, proof read it and say it's ok. Now, maybe for an old western type of museum in Abilene, Texas, it might be an easy breeze to make this happen but for some place like the MET or the Louvre or the Ghetti or the Kimbell..... It's going to take a lot to make it happen. I bet it could happen under the perfect circumstances with a large museum..... but it will have to be perfect circumstances.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
By the way, where is the profit in this

Well first I want to say I like where you took the idea.

Where the profit is is private galleries. I was in sedona (lots of galleries) when this occured to me. They have all this potential cashflow bottlenecked by folks having to physically see the items. Lots of nice stuff I would never know existed if I had not arrived in person.

Now I know lots of the gallery owners and artists are fine with this as a passion , its okay if the art sitting for sale minus a bit of commision doesnt move for a long time , but no one would frown on the idea of expanded profits right? So its not a problem with a screaming need and people clamoring for a solution but its one of those "technology plus existing business model equals a new business model" things.

Lots of people just browse. Lots of people want to see it and touch it and meet the artist , but enough demand exists that I think this idea could work.

Smaller hipster galleries with items only selling for a hundred bucks or less? Local college kids and stuff. They dont need this. Galleries where most items sell for thousands? Easy sell.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Check out "FLIPPER - the most reliable and inexpensive toilet seat lifter." The reviews aren't great. That is a great product to improve. And you could also add another foot pedal for the handle. This could also be combined with a great marketing anchor such as star wars, for example, to help sell it. I've decided to take this idea as i'm typing this out, since i'm a mechanical engineer. You better move to dallas and join me as partner :innocent: :halo:
Didn't know that this existed. The pulley system seems a bit weird. I was hoping the pedal would attack to the seat and directly lift it there and it would have an anti-slam technology to it.

I wish I could move out there. I am curious to how it all works out. Wish I could partner up, but I will definitely point out to other customers about your product "hey I know this person."

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Oohhh, sorry, my mind was not in those types of galleries. For that type of idea, it should be a no-brainer for the galleries to do this type of thing. My mind was on the $93 million Monet that is not for sale or the $193 million Picasso that is not for sale..... art for pleasure and not buying. I think yours is a great idea, I'm going to see if my great-nephew would be interested in doing this locally.

For anyone that might attempt this.... make sure you have all your ducks lined up in a very straight row before you even attempt to start. I guarantee, you only have 1 chance with galleries and if you screw it up.... your fault!

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Didn't know that this existed. The pulley system seems a bit weird. I was hoping the pedal would attack to the seat and directly lift it there and it would have an anti-slam technology to it.

I wish I could move out there. I am curious to how it all works out. Wish I could partner up, but I will definitely point out to other customers about your product "hey I know this person."
There's a ton of designs already on youtube. They just don't look marketable

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
An automatic side-scrolling 8-bit video game where you're a Rockstar that has to kick bad guy's asses and each level features an 8-bit rendition of Heavy Metal songs. Each level will be themed after the song.

I'm so serious about this too.. 8-bit games are wicked easy to program in 2019 - I'm thinking something like Castlevania, just more badass. And he's got a sick guitar that you can charge up and do sick moves on Bad Guys

The boss fight in this level will will be the Puppet Master. A horrible monstrous creature that's controlled by a puppeteer creature guy:

Although I found this comment on the video which is sick:

0:00 - you fell into the boss's lair
0:02 - discovering where you are
0:04 - 0:22 - boss's stats and bio
0:23 - 0:30 - protagonist-antagonist staredown
0:31 - main battle begins
0:50 - protagonist deals great damage
3:32 - boss falls unconscious
3:34 - self dialogue of the protagonist, thinking the battle is over
3:42 - "my job here is done" time to exit the lair
4:46 - echoes from the long and dark hallways of the lair can be heard.. the boss has awakened
5:09 - going back to finish the job for good
5:37 - 5:40 - antagonist does a huge leap and strikes the boss
5:42 - crazier boss battle
6:00 - make a run for it! the lair is about to explode!
6:08 - running through the hallways as explosions happen behind you
6:33 - lair blew up while the boss was inside
6:38 - pre-credits scene

Sick underground Area 51 level:

Game intro:

Sick war level:

The Trooper [8 Bit Universe Tribute to Iron Maiden]

Chill scary graveyard level:

Pantera - Cemetery Gates 8-bit

Anthrax - Caught in a Mosh 8-Bit

Anthrax - Madhouse (8 bit)

Killer Boss fight:

Black Magic [8 Bit Cover Tribute to Slayer] - 8 Bit Universe

Triumphant escape scene:

The Number of the Beast [8 Bit Tribute to Iron Maiden] - 8 Bit Universe

Metallica - Fuel (8-bit) would be like the motorcycle level from Terminator 2 (NES) - NES Terminator 2 - Stage 2 "The Chase"

Pantera - Domination - 8 bit

Pending nuclear holocaust where you have to kick a$$ to keep the bomb from going off:

Megadeth - Rust In Peace...Polaris 8-bit version

End credits after beating the game:

Metallica - Orion 8bit (NES style)

I'm so serious about this.... 8-bits are way easy to make these days... there are literally builders for it. We could Kickstarter it. I wonder how licensing of the songs would work.

Veloman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
I use public restrooms all the time and never touch anything. I use my shirt for the door if needed (paper towel is preferred) while at the toilet I lift the lid real quick with my shoe and flush with my shoe. If someone needs the lid put down, they can use their own shoe. If the sink area is bad, I just don't wash my hands. I'd rather have my germs on me than someone else's. Plus, my daddy taught me to not pee on my own hand so that solves that. ;)

Pretty much the same here.

The product the OP is proposing is going to need to withstand a ton of abuse.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Pretty much the same here.

The product the OP is proposing is going to need to withstand a ton of abuse.
I actually made a prototype of this product -- similar to this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xNKkSmR0Ow

There is a big problem however. The toilet seat in the video looks like light plastic. In reality, most seats are heavy ceramic, like mine at home. The material would have to be twice as thick in order to lift the seat, which would double the costs, and it would look gawdy.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Got a more fully baked but back of the napkin one.

So I dont know if this is still a hip trend but tiny houses.

Build em and sell em. If you have a barn or warehouse you can go year round , as a solopreneur this is a pretty great ROI for sweat equity.

So im seeing building costs from silly cheap to 12k but average sale price 30 to 40k and up.

First build 500 hours which includes time spent learning things like electrical (according to some blog post I read) but then a team of trained guys can do it in 120 hours. So imagine with me here , your employees dont actually have to be trained homebuilders , maybe for liability you get a real electrician involved but otherwise you can streamline this cheap (working indoors has perks , you can probably scalp good talent who are just sick of being exposed to the elements and waking up at 5am)

So 20k or more for your first solo build , cost you roughly 12 weeks fulltime work. So , depending on your pre existing skillset or hunger for hands on experience (or how much youd make working a second job right now) this might not make sense.

But for a young guy wanting to get some cash for a different venture? 3 month commitment for 1670 dollars a week all said and done? (42 bucks an hour) , might be a great thing to look into.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
Switching banks is a major PITA.

How about a service that gathers all of your subscriptions, payments, bills, direct deposits, and auto switches them to the new bank?
Hey, this already exists since years in Germany.
In the meanwhile all major banks are offering complete digitalised bank switching service including all your mentioned points.

Leaf Rider

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 17, 2019
I always liked this idea when I was a student:

Presentation Practice Website
Give feedback to 5 people's live presentation then you get to give yours via webcam. It would be great to get an unbiased feedback on speaking/presentation.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Got a more fully baked but back of the napkin one.

So I dont know if this is still a hip trend but tiny houses.

Build em and sell em. If you have a barn or warehouse you can go year round , as a solopreneur this is a pretty great ROI for sweat equity.

So im seeing building costs from silly cheap to 12k but average sale price 30 to 40k and up.

First build 500 hours which includes time spent learning things like electrical (according to some blog post I read) but then a team of trained guys can do it in 120 hours. So imagine with me here , your employees dont actually have to be trained homebuilders , maybe for liability you get a real electrician involved but otherwise you can streamline this cheap (working indoors has perks , you can probably scalp good talent who are just sick of being exposed to the elements and waking up at 5am)

So 20k or more for your first solo build , cost you roughly 12 weeks fulltime work. So , depending on your pre existing skillset or hunger for hands on experience (or how much youd make working a second job right now) this might not make sense.

But for a young guy wanting to get some cash for a different venture? 3 month commitment for 1670 dollars a week all said and done? (42 bucks an hour) , might be a great thing to look into.

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
Got one

Wife was looking st these pillow cases infused with silver , apparently because that makes them antimicrobial you have to wash them "once every 5 years"

Copper alloys will do this as well

So take any existing product and integrate silver in it or brass and then your marketing is just vaguely FDA compliant "germ killing" or something , mark it up 400% and voila , new product

So how about , cutting boards? And tongs , lots of kitchen stuff. Steering wheel covers. Gloves (underwear) , clothes in general (although the pillow case people might have a patent for infusing silver into clothe)

Google auto complete shows sheets and towels already exist. It seems like something with enough traction so that you arent having to completely educate the market but still niche enough that if you could find a legitimate manufacturer it could be a unique selling proposition.

This is a market now because silver is treated like tin instead of the precious, depleting metal it is. Silver is the second rarest commodity next to oil and it‘s under $20 an ounce - DEAL OF THE F*ckING MILLENIUM.

Silver is set to explode in price in the coming years. When that happens, is the margin there for your $400+/Troy Ounce USP, if you can even get it as everybody & their kids clamor for physical silver. Imagine the bitcoin mania on steroids with “We Buy Silver” signs on every surface street within 3 weeks.

A pair of silver infused socks uses 100th ounces, say a cal king blanket needs 1/10 of an ounce of silver for adequate anti-microbial properties. For anyone who executes on this your needs to account for, plan for and prepare for permanent AG price skyrocket, silver shortages & permanent silver revaluation. The market for products with silver is going to be a wild and crazy buckling mechanical bull ride, hold on tight and pivot to stay on the bull.

Last edited:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
An automatic side-scrolling 8-bit video game where you're a Rockstar that has to kick bad guy's asses and each level features an 8-bit rendition of Heavy Metal songs. Each level will be themed after the song.

I'm so serious about this too.. 8-bit games are wicked easy to program in 2019 - I'm thinking something like Castlevania, just more badass. And he's got a sick guitar that you can charge up and do sick moves on Bad Guys

The boss fight in this level will will be the Puppet Master. A horrible monstrous creature that's controlled by a puppeteer creature guy:

Although I found this comment on the video which is sick:

0:00 - you fell into the boss's lair
0:02 - discovering where you are
0:04 - 0:22 - boss's stats and bio
0:23 - 0:30 - protagonist-antagonist staredown
0:31 - main battle begins
0:50 - protagonist deals great damage
3:32 - boss falls unconscious
3:34 - self dialogue of the protagonist, thinking the battle is over
3:42 - "my job here is done" time to exit the lair
4:46 - echoes from the long and dark hallways of the lair can be heard.. the boss has awakened
5:09 - going back to finish the job for good
5:37 - 5:40 - antagonist does a huge leap and strikes the boss
5:42 - crazier boss battle
6:00 - make a run for it! the lair is about to explode!
6:08 - running through the hallways as explosions happen behind you
6:33 - lair blew up while the boss was inside
6:38 - pre-credits scene

Sick underground Area 51 level:

Game intro:

Sick war level:

The Trooper [8 Bit Universe Tribute to Iron Maiden]

Chill scary graveyard level:

Pantera - Cemetery Gates 8-bit

Anthrax - Caught in a Mosh 8-Bit

Anthrax - Madhouse (8 bit)

Killer Boss fight:

Black Magic [8 Bit Cover Tribute to Slayer] - 8 Bit Universe

Triumphant escape scene:

The Number of the Beast [8 Bit Tribute to Iron Maiden] - 8 Bit Universe

Metallica - Fuel (8-bit) would be like the motorcycle level from Terminator 2 (NES) - NES Terminator 2 - Stage 2 "The Chase"

Pantera - Domination - 8 bit

Pending nuclear holocaust where you have to kick a$$ to keep the bomb from going off:

Megadeth - Rust In Peace...Polaris 8-bit version

End credits after beating the game:

Metallica - Orion 8bit (NES style)

I'm so serious about this.... 8-bits are way easy to make these days... there are literally builders for it. We could Kickstarter it. I wonder how licensing of the songs would work.

Maybe not even fully fledged levels, but just boss fights (+ some dialogue to expand on the lore), this would allow you to time the fight for the song to be played fully (or at least a good portion of it) without having to resort to looping it for too long. Although I suppose there are enough metal songs for you to have different ones for the level and the boss.

We start with a simple shooter with bosses, if it sells well, we build a full RPG (akin to say, Chrono Trigger or the original Final Fantasy or whatever, people love those games still and a revival would be a huge hit, look at Undertale / Deltarune if you want a recent example) and we have this huge wedding with music like this:

or this

A lot of classical music isn't copyrighted as well, so it's free to use and reproduce /modify however you like.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.