The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Future is in Plastics!

raritee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Sep 28, 2017
VIRGINIA
Who would I go to cheaply manufacture paperthin slips of plastic? They would be approximately 3/4 inch by 2 1/2 inch and have some added features. The plastic would be along the lines of what you see in file folder label holders.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 9, 2018
Who would I go to cheaply manufacture paperthin slips of plastic? They would be approximately 3/4 inch by 2 1/2 inch and have some added features. The plastic would be along the lines of what you see in file folder label holders.

Have you searched "plastics" or "plastic" on the forum here to see if you can pull out some nuggets, someone may have some experience in it.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
The plastic that is used to make those label holders is
Acrylic.

It is available in sheets as thin as 0.2mm, which is paper thin.

If you want to write on it, there are different types of paper thin plastic.

Doing a search on Google should be your first step.

Walter

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
I dont agree with your titel, the end is with plastics, the hole occean is filled up with that crap the future lies with bioplastics (plastics made out of biodegradible materials).

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I dont agree with your titel, the end is with plastics, the hole occean is filled up with that crap the future lies with bioplastics (plastics made out of biodegradible materials).
It is a pity that biodegradable plastics have been so long ignored. They have been in commercial existence since very early in the 20th century.

Currently, there is a lot of work being done to improve on the practicality of using Casein, (made from milk) as a packaging material.

Walter

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016

There has been a massive increase in the quantity of biodegradable drinking straws I've sold in the last year. Even places that aren't typically known for their environmental awareness are picking up on the trend due to customer requests.

That being said, at this moment in time, the paper biodegradable straws are absolutely AWFUL for usage in alcohol based cocktails. There is a big opportunity here to design on that doesn't crumble into paste halfway through a highball cocktail.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
giphy.gif

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSxihhBzCjk

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
@raritee

Step back for a second and ponder your opening post. You busted into an entrepreneurial forum, exclaim that the future is in plastics, and then ask everybody where you can get some.

We’re not sure what you’re trying to do. Surely you don’t expect the forum to dump a list of suppliers in your lap, pat you on the butt and send you off into the sunset to collect millions. Try starting a progress thread so we can engage with you.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I was going to say the same thing. I've seen some stuff recently people promoting to get rid of plastics in the home and suggestion alternatives to use. And yes there publishing all the scenes of plastic waste in the ocean, lakes, other places.

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
It is a pity that biodegradable plastics have been so long ignored. They have been in commercial existence since very early in the 20th century.

Currently, there is a lot of work being done to improve on the practicality of using Casein, (made from milk) as a packaging material.

Walter
Im seriosly thinking of starting a startup on this, i truely believe something needs to change in the world if we hoop to keep living here for the next few generations, only Iv got alot to do i know nearly nothing about bioplastics so iv got alot of research to do and i need to find a fastlane or at least economcy viable way to make it happen.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Im seriosly thinking of starting a startup on this, i truely believe something needs to change in the world if we hoop to keep living here for the next few generations, only Iv got alot to do i know nearly nothing about bioplastics so iv got alot of research to do and i need to find a fastlane or at least economcy viable way to make it happen.
Some of these products have been undergoing development for years, sometimes at the cost of millions.

If you do some Google searching you might find information that could give you ideas.

For example, foam pillows are currently made of either naturally occurring latex rubber which is biodegradable, or else polyurethane foam, which is not.

Casein, made from milk, can be made into a moldable foam very similar to latex foam in feel and function. It needs an additive to make it moldable, and at this stage in development, ordinary clay seems to be the best. That particular process has been patented, but it might be possible to get past that.

If baked at high temperature it becomes very much like ceramic.

Strange things can be done, with biodegradables, but for non-chemists, putting them to novel uses is the big challenge.

Walter

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
What I would love to see with plastics is a way to get it out of our food and drink so we can still continue to reproduce as a species in 100 years.

When a chemical affects your hormones, it's called an endocrine disruptor. And it turns out that many of the compounds used to make plastic soft and flexible (like phthalates) or to make them harder and stronger (like Bisphenol A, or BPA) are consummate endocrine disruptors. Phthalates and BPA, for example, mimic estrogen in the bloodstream. If you're a man with a lot of phthalates in his system, you'll produce less testosterone and fewer sperm. If exposed to phthalates in utero, a male fetus's reproductive system itself will be altered: He will develop to be less male.

What Happens If We Hit Sperm Count Zero? (just a quick google but there is tons of proper research on this).

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
It’s George Bailey!! He finally realized after all these years that plastics is where it’s at.

On a serious note do you normally go to people’s houses, knock on the door and yell about the future while simultaneously asking questions that literally don’t have a right or wrong answer?

Where should I produce x at.. well pick a country... you could most likely produce it there if you have enough money/power...

chuckypita

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 16, 2017
Salt Lake City
@raritee

Step back for a second and ponder your opening post. You busted into an entrepreneurial forum, exclaim that the future is in plastics, and then ask everybody where you can get some.

We’re not sure what you’re trying to do. Surely you don’t expect the forum to dump a list of suppliers in your lap, pat you on the butt and send you off into the sunset to collect millions. Try starting a progress thread so we can engage with you.

HOME RUN COMMENT

raritee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Sep 28, 2017
VIRGINIA
It’s George Bailey!! He finally realized after all these years that plastics is where it’s at.

On a serious note do you normally go to people’s houses, knock on the door and yell about the future while simultaneously asking questions that literally don’t have a right or wrong answer?

Where should I produce x at.. well pick a country... you could most likely produce it there if you have enough money/power...

Some of you are living a narrative that this is a house? Nassim Taleb calls that an ailment. I thought the thread progressed nicely. It was interesting to me. Thank you. Basically, at this point I have found a secondary minimal use for a rubber fishing worm which is super easy to manufacture. I could possibly make a couple hundred dollars marketing it.

B. Cole

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Some of you are living a narrative that this is a house? Nassim Taleb calls that an ailment. I thought the thread progressed nicely. It was interesting to me. Thank you. Basically, at this point I have found a secondary minimal use for a rubber fishing worm which is super easy to manufacture. I could possibly make a couple hundred dollars marketing it.

I’m just gonna slooooowly back away...

raritee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Sep 28, 2017
VIRGINIA
I’m just gonna slooooowly back away...

Ah, ostracism. People are following you and leaving me all alone. It must feel so wonderful. The anonymous word game leaves no winners. You offer me so much and I throw it away.

B. Cole

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Ah, ostracism. People are following you and leaving me all alone. It must feel so wonderful. The anonymous word game leaves no winners. You offer me so much and I throw it away.

If you feel ostracized - it’s because your thread is incoherent and there’s not much value any of us can lend to it. I’m not sure if you are using a translator and it isn’t lining up for the English speaking majority, but nobody (at least from my perspective) is really understanding what you’re getting at. You went from file tabs to fishing worms, exclaiming the future of plastics (plastic is on the way out, seriously) with a claim to make hundreds (perhaps a translation issue, as I mentioned) marketing it.

I genuinely leave you with a bid of good luck, in whatever venture you are in pursuit of.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
It’s a metaphor... just like I wouldn’t walk into a strangers house and start shouting my opinion with absolutely no prior discussion while simultaneously asking them for help, I also wouldn’t go on a forum and do it.

raritee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Sep 28, 2017
VIRGINIA
It’s a metaphor... just like I wouldn’t walk into a strangers house and start shouting my opinion with absolutely no prior discussion while simultaneously asking them for help, I also wouldn’t go on a forum and do it.

It's a poor metaphor. If anything I knocked on the door and told a joke.This is a forum built from people that read a book. I read the book. The other guy feels the need to insult my verbal intelligence .i call them like I see them. The book calls it a hyperreality.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
It's a poor metaphor. If anything I knocked on the door and told a joke.This is a forum built from people that read a book. I read the book. The other guy feels the need to insult my verbal intelligence .i call them like I see them. The book calls it a hyperreality.
Knock?... what knock? The first real thread you’ve ever created had you yelling about how you know the future and then the thread asks a question that literally has no right or wrong answer... pretty sure that coming into someone’s house and randomly yelling while asking for help describes what you did pretty perfectly.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.