• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

The Future is in Plastics!

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by raritee, Feb 4, 2019.

1. raritee

raritee New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    Who would I go to cheaply manufacture paperthin slips of plastic? They would be approximately 3/4 inch by 2 1/2 inch and have some added features. The plastic would be along the lines of what you see in file folder label holders.

2. JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ When you see this, say something clever. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $521
    Have you searched "plastics" or "plastic" on the forum here to see if you can pull out some nuggets, someone may have some experience in it.

3. raritee

raritee New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    Thanks, I did a quick search and it was valuable. I'm going to focus on making a prototype for my silly idea.

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ likes this.
  4. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $63,957
    The plastic that is used to make those label holders is
    Acrylic.

It is available in sheets as thin as 0.2mm, which is paper thin.

If you want to write on it, there are different types of paper thin plastic.

Doing a search on Google should be your first step.

Walter

JAJT, Kid, Kingmaker and 1 other person like this.
  5. njord

njord Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $458
    I dont agree with your titel, the end is with plastics, the hole occean is filled up with that crap the future lies with bioplastics (plastics made out of biodegradible materials).

404profound, Roli, Fox and 6 others like this.
  6. Walter Hay

Rep Bank:
    $63,957
    It is a pity that biodegradable plastics have been so long ignored. They have been in commercial existence since very early in the 20th century.

Currently, there is a lot of work being done to improve on the practicality of using Casein, (made from milk) as a packaging material.

Walter

Midas, njord and JunkBoxJoey_JBJ like this.
  7. Azure

Azure Perpetual Motion Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,652
    There has been a massive increase in the quantity of biodegradable drinking straws I've sold in the last year. Even places that aren't typically known for their environmental awareness are picking up on the trend due to customer requests.

That being said, at this moment in time, the paper biodegradable straws are absolutely AWFUL for usage in alcohol based cocktails. There is a big opportunity here to design on that doesn't crumble into paste halfway through a highball cocktail.

8. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,130
  9. B. Cole

B. Cole In thine hand is power and might. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,690
    @raritee

Step back for a second and ponder your opening post. You busted into an entrepreneurial forum, exclaim that the future is in plastics, and then ask everybody where you can get some.

We’re not sure what you’re trying to do. Surely you don’t expect the forum to dump a list of suppliers in your lap, pat you on the butt and send you off into the sunset to collect millions. Try starting a progress thread so we can engage with you.

chuckypita and Walter Hay like this.
  10. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke A Fistful of Woolongs Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $6,918
    Azure and njord like this.
  11. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,467
    I was going to say the same thing. I've seen some stuff recently people promoting to get rid of plastics in the home and suggestion alternatives to use. And yes there publishing all the scenes of plastic waste in the ocean, lakes, other places.

Walter Hay likes this.
  12. njord

njord Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $458
    Im seriosly thinking of starting a startup on this, i truely believe something needs to change in the world if we hoop to keep living here for the next few generations, only Iv got alot to do i know nearly nothing about bioplastics so iv got alot of research to do and i need to find a fastlane or at least economcy viable way to make it happen.

13. Walter Hay

Rep Bank:
    $63,957
    Some of these products have been undergoing development for years, sometimes at the cost of millions.

If you do some Google searching you might find information that could give you ideas.

For example, foam pillows are currently made of either naturally occurring latex rubber which is biodegradable, or else polyurethane foam, which is not.

Casein, made from milk, can be made into a moldable foam very similar to latex foam in feel and function. It needs an additive to make it moldable, and at this stage in development, ordinary clay seems to be the best. That particular process has been patented, but it might be possible to get past that.

If baked at high temperature it becomes very much like ceramic.

Strange things can be done, with biodegradables, but for non-chemists, putting them to novel uses is the big challenge.

Walter

14. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $76,174
    What I would love to see with plastics is a way to get it out of our food and drink so we can still continue to reproduce as a species in 100 years.

What Happens If We Hit Sperm Count Zero? (just a quick google but there is tons of proper research on this).

15. Ecom man

Ecom man Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $32,896
    It’s George Bailey!! He finally realized after all these years that plastics is where it’s at.

On a serious note do you normally go to people’s houses, knock on the door and yell about the future while simultaneously asking questions that literally don’t have a right or wrong answer?

Where should I produce x at.. well pick a country... you could most likely produce it there if you have enough money/power...

Azure and Walter Hay like this.
  16. chuckypita

chuckypita Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $362
    HOME RUN COMMENT

Walter Hay and Roli like this.
  17. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,112
    Azure and B. Cole like this.
  18. raritee

raritee New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    Some of you are living a narrative that this is a house? Nassim Taleb calls that an ailment. I thought the thread progressed nicely. It was interesting to me. Thank you. Basically, at this point I have found a secondary minimal use for a rubber fishing worm which is super easy to manufacture. I could possibly make a couple hundred dollars marketing it.

19. B. Cole

B. Cole In thine hand is power and might. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,690
    I’m just gonna slooooowly back away...

Roli likes this.
  20. raritee

raritee New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    Ah, ostracism. People are following you and leaving me all alone. It must feel so wonderful. The anonymous word game leaves no winners. You offer me so much and I throw it away.

21. B. Cole

Rep Bank:
    $3,690
    If you feel ostracized - it’s because your thread is incoherent and there’s not much value any of us can lend to it. I’m not sure if you are using a translator and it isn’t lining up for the English speaking majority, but nobody (at least from my perspective) is really understanding what you’re getting at. You went from file tabs to fishing worms, exclaiming the future of plastics (plastic is on the way out, seriously) with a claim to make hundreds (perhaps a translation issue, as I mentioned) marketing it.

I genuinely leave you with a bid of good luck, in whatever venture you are in pursuit of.

Roli likes this.
  22. Ecom man

Ecom man Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $32,896
    It’s a metaphor... just like I wouldn’t walk into a strangers house and start shouting my opinion with absolutely no prior discussion while simultaneously asking them for help, I also wouldn’t go on a forum and do it.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.