The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

THE FINAL POST to end all EXCUSES...

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
If you haven't seen my other thread, it's located here:

The short film I made can be found here:

View: https://youtu.be/7F4zzw02dX0

And no, this is not to promote my YT video. I could honestly give two shits. I made this movie with one goal:

To inspire YOU, reader, to go out there and start getting it by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

There's no way I'm going to make back what I spent on making this movie in YouTube Ad revenue.

I made this to start a challenge, called the Rags to Riches challenge. I want to challenge you, reader. If you are NOT financially free, financially stable, or underachieving in some way financially. I want you to watch this movie. And realize that it IS possible.

I would like nothing more than to see someone post a follow up video, as an answer to my challenge.

GO GET IT

David

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

And no, this is not to promote my YT video. I could honestly give two shits. I made this movie with one goal:

To inspire YOU, reader, to go out there and start getting it by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

There's no way I'm going to make back what I spent on making this movie in YouTube Ad revenue.

I made this to start a challenge, called the Rags to Riches challenge. I want to challenge you, reader. If you are NOT financially free, financially stable, or underachieving in some way financially. I want you to watch this movie. And realize that it IS possible.

I would like nothing more than to see someone post a follow up video, as an answer to my challenge.

GO GET IT

David
I`d love a challenge.
But can we adjust this for location :D ?
There is no way to make $500 in a day doing "gutter" work in Eastern Europe unless I prostitute myself out :D

To give context: Cost of Living in Plovdiv

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@alexkuzmov give up. it is too hard.

(you missed the point. go DO. you don't need permission. go DO and FAIL and report back. you got this!)

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If you want to try this in Germany, you first have to visit a gutter cleaners university to become a certified gutter cleaner. Than you have to pay gutter insurance and step ladder insurance. Also you have to pay fees to the chamber of gutter cleaners. Partially joking :D

The movie is great and very inspiring! I even left the 2 minutes advertisement run in the end :D

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
I`d love a challenge.
There is no way to make $500 in a day doing "gutter" work in Eastern Europe unless I prostitute myself out :D

Ok so just reduce the amount of your goal and the amount you are charging in proportion to how much cheaper your cost of living is.

From the customer's check at 15:07 in the video, it looks like this was filmed in Carlsbad, CA.

OK, so plug in Carlsbad, CA into the cost of living site.

Just going by the amount for one month's rent, it looks like rent there for a 1-bedroom place outside of town is $2,000.

Capture+_2021-07-19-12-32-22~3.png

That's almost 10x what it is in Plovdiv.

Capture+_2021-07-19-12-24-41~2.png

Therefore, you'd have to repeat this challenge 4 times in order to pay rent if you lived in Carlsbad, CA.

So just adjust your challenge by the numbers. Charge $10 per customer and try to make $50.

Same difference in terms of how far that money would take you.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Ok so just reduce the amount of your goal and the amount you are charging in proportion to how much cheaper your cost of living is.

From the customer's check at 15:07 in the video, it looks like this was filmed in Carlsbad, CA.

Just going by the amount for one month's rent, it looks like rent there for a 1-bedroom place outside of town is $2,000.

View attachment 39001

View attachment 39000

Therefore, you'd have to repeat this challenge 4 times in order to pay rent if you lived in Carlsbad, CA.

So just adjust your challenge by the numbers. Charge $10 per customer and try to make $50.

Exactly. I thought that 500$ is good money, but then remembered the cost of living of some american cities. Here in italy, depending also on location ( every country and city has wealthy areas) I suppose 30-50 could be a good amount to charge
Great video by the way. Really inspiring and I honestly wish it lasted longer

TheLordZee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jun 21, 2020
Indiana, USA
I`d love a challenge.

You missed the point of the challenge. It isn't to make $500 doing gutter work, it's to make $500 in 12 hours in any way you can (apart from stealing it of course). He choose to do gutter work, but if you can't, you should still be able to find something you can do.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

View attachment 39001

View attachment 39000

Challenge accepted.

Fruitcake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Mar 26, 2018
Belgium, Europe

GO GET IT

David

Great video, David and congrats on completing your challenge.

What struck me was the directness in which you pitched your offer: “Hi, we’re cleaning gutters for $100.”

Instead of starting off with: “Hi I’m David, how are you?

Client: “Great thanks.”

We’re in town cleaning gutters, just for today. Could you be interested in our services?”

Client: “Well yeah what’s it gonna cost me?”

“Just a 100 bucks instead of the usual 150.”

I’m not quite sure if your response rate would have been higher, but I doubt it would have been less.

Anyway, congrats!

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
I`d love a challenge.

There are people in your city making $500 USD/day every single day. What are they doing? How can you do the same?

If you want to try this in Germany, you first have to visit a gutter cleaners university to become a certified gutter cleaner. Than you have to pay gutter insurance and step ladder insurance. Also you have to pay fees to the chamber of gutter cleaners. Partially joking :D

The movie is great and very inspiring! I even left the 2 minutes advertisement run in the end :D
Here, you have to get a 4 year CSLB license, register your business with every small city, pay $12,000 in Workers Comp insurance that you'll never use, etc. Yet I still did it.....

These things are barriers that a simple "I need it bad enough" mindset will find a way around quickly.

When I first started the business, I would use my "business license" as a "CSLB license" number... no one said a word or questioned anything. This simple barrier to entry defeats so many people... but it literally isn't a problem... IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH.

Most of the excuses I hear are just code for "Dude I don't want it bad enough!"

Which is cool, but not on a forum where the entire point is to MAKE MONEY and BUILD BUSINESSES.
Oof, first few responses are people immediately creating barriers for themselves based on location. Come on, that's not the point.
100. It's amazing to me how people's mental gymnastics would rather create a reason NOT to do something, ESPECIALLY when they're on a F*cking business forum!

View attachment 39001

View attachment 39000

There you go. I pay $2700 USD/mo for my apartment (albeit it is nice). I PURPOSEFULLY moved to a very expensive place to live, to FORCE myself to succeed. You can't be broke here. You won't last very long.

You also have FULL CONTROL of your life and can pick up and move whenever you like. Doesn't matter what country you're in. Hustle yourself a plane ticket and move your a$$ to a place that motivates you.

I love living here because I see people making WAAAAAAAAAAAY more money than me. Living in 15 MILLION dollar houses. Driving 1/2 million dollar cars. Buying HUGE businesses and making BIG deals. I am PEANUTS compared to these people. But in the place I used to live, that didn't happen. You didn't see those people, because they don't live there. They live here, and so do I, by DESIGN so I can MOTIVATE THE F*ck out of myself to go HARD.

Expand horizons.
Exactly. I thought that 500$ is good money, but then remembered the cost of living of some american cities. Here in italy, depending also on location ( every country and city has wealthy areas) I suppose 30-50 could be a good amount to charge
Great video by the way. Really inspiring and I honestly wish it lasted longer
I will do more, just wait. Hoping to make this into a series of sorts.
You missed the point of the challenge. It isn't to make $500 doing gutter work, it's to make $500 in 12 hours in any way you can (apart from stealing it of course). He choose to do gutter work, but if you can't, you should still be able to find something you can do.
Exactly. Go do it and post up!
Challenge accepted.
Let's see it. Post up a video once you figure it out! The point of me doing this is to MOTIVATE YOU

What struck me was the directness in which you pitched your offer: “Hi, we’re cleaning gutters for $100.”

We’re in town cleaning gutters, just for today. Could you be interested in our services?”

I’m not quite sure if your response rate would have been higher, but I doubt it would have been less.

Anyway, congrats!
Thanks Fruitcake! Yeah I didn't have time for many formalities. I actually switched my pitch up quite a few times during the day, but honestly, it barely matters. Hitting the NUMBERS is what matters more.

3/5 people I sold would probably have been down no matter what I said. The other two took some convincing, but I was so F*ckin hungry to hit the $500 that I made it happen. Especially towards the end.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Just a reminder!

I am GIVING AWAY $500 bucks made in the video to someone who DM's me ON INSTAGRAM, NOT HERE. The best pitch as to how they are going to use the $500 to start their business!

Tell all your friends. DM my IG and I will do a feature video with whoever gets it!

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Most of the excuses I hear are just code for "Dude I don't want it bad enough!"
Sorry, I did not try to post excuses.

This year I have registered a real business for the first time. I fought through a lot of bureaucracy. So when I watched your movie I was automatically spotting potential regulations and tried to make fun of it in my post.

Thank you for your reply.

I wish you all the best on your journey

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Thanks for the video, very interesting.
It shows the American way.

But doing that in that way in Germany, you would drown.
No, not because of the regulations. I could just do it here, too. Sure with the risk of punishment, but thats not the Theme.

I just wouldn’t satisfy anybody in Germany doing that work.
You sure cleaned the gutters. But all the dirt is distributed on the property, the walls, everywhere.

The dirt is just running into the pipes and than at any time blocking them.
Maybe everywhere in US there is only the simple techno of leading the pipes anywhere on the ground.
Here we have systems to seep the water away and the will be blocked with the dirt.

But rising the standart a bit will bring god results in Germany, too.

On the pic there is the dirt I swiped out of the rain gutter of a house recently.

But though the pay would be more here in Germany.

BTW, it was a friend house and I just got a cool beer afterwards!

Attachments

• 0ACF6524-492B-467F-88B0-732BFA26B4DF.jpeg
    0ACF6524-492B-467F-88B0-732BFA26B4DF.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Fruitcake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Mar 26, 2018
Belgium, Europe

No, not because of the regulations. I could just do it here, too. Sure with the risk of punishment, but thats not the Theme.

You sure cleaned the gutters. But all the dirt is distributed on the property, the walls, everywhere.

Maybe everywhere in US there is only the simple techno of leading the pipes anywhere on the ground.
Here we have systems to seep the water away and the will be blocked with the dirt.

On the pic there is the dirt I swiped out of the rain gutter of a house recently.

You have made a valid point however, the challenge isn’t about cleaning gutters specifically. That just happens to be David’s business.

The real challenge is this:

1) Create a product or provide a service
2) Set your price
3) Ask enough people if they’re interested in your offer

If few people are interested, either your price is too high or your product/service doesn’t solve their need.

Don’t let excuses get in your way.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
You have made a valid point however, the challenge isn’t about cleaning gutters specifically. That just happens to be David’s business.

The real challenge is this:

1) Create a product or provide a service
2) Set your price
3) Ask enough people if they’re interested in your offer

If few people are interested, either your price is too high or your product/service doesn’t solve their need.

Don’t let excuses get in your way.
ok, I think I didn t get that point.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego

Bro.

The gutter gunk gets all over everywhere here too. That’s a non issue. Just fix it.

A Beer ain’t gonna pay your rent, nor buy you a Lambo!

I have an exercise for you: every time you say the word BUT, replace it with AND

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Video reaction shows why most people will never succeed.

Instead of looking at the outcome pragmatically and figuratively, it's reviewed absolutely and literally.

Oh we can't clean gutters here.
Oh that won't work here.

It reminds me of people who read The Millionaire Fastlane and their best conclusion is "start an internet lead generation business."

I had someone text me and ask about "how do I get started?" -- I responded with bluntness. If after listening/reading to 50+ hours of material that I've written, and you still don't know where to start, the truth is, entrepreneurship is not for you. I'd stick with a job.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Video reaction shows why most people will never succeed.

Instead of looking at the outcome pragmatically and figuratively, it's reviewed absolutely and literally.

Oh we can't clean gutters here.
Oh that won't work here.

It reminds me of people who read The Millionaire Fastlane and their best conclusion is "start an internet lead generation business."

I had someone text me and ask about "how do I get started?" -- I responded with bluntness. If after listening/reading to 50+ hours of material that I've written, and you still don't know where to start, the truth is, entrepreneurship is not for you. I'd stick with a job.
Exactly. I'm starting to see those patterns. For everything you will see, there will be excuses, haters, explanations for why it won't work etc
Shifting perspective helps. View the process itself as exciting or as an adventure. Things to learn. Money to make. Experiences to have. Then this sounds like fun

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
TLDR;
More DO.

Less sitting around making a bunch of excuses.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Bro.

The gutter gunk gets all over everywhere here too. That’s a non issue. Just fix it.

A Beer ain’t gonna pay your rent, nor buy you a Lambo!

I have an exercise for you: every time you say the word BUT, replace it with AND
Bro,
dont get it wrong,
You r good, I just gave my opinion, as the forum is a great place to not only say jes and amen, but to discuss, too.

chimichangatime

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 1, 2018
sacramento, ca

Anyway, congrats!
Honestly, solicitors at my house get exactly this much time, and they'd be much more successful if they told me up front what they're selling. This also struck me because I LIKED it!

What REALLY steams me is when they say they're not selling anything. That's never actually been true. I don't need your religion, I don't need a realtor, I don't need magazines. At least gutter cleaning is something I could actually use at my house (go where the customers are!).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.