- Joined
- Jul 25, 2007
- Messages
- 822
Rep Bank
$840
$840
User Power: 15%
How do you encourage future entrepreneurs?
It can be as simple as letting a kid shovel your driveway.
Yesterday we had a snow storm.
This morning a kid (I'd say about 14 years old) knocked on our door,
asking if he could shovel our driveway.
My first instinct was to say no, we could do it ourselves
but then I thought... it takes a lot of nerve to knock on doors
and this kid had the initiative to think up this "business"
so I said yes.
A half hour later,
when he knocked again for payment,
we had a chat.
He said that many people said no
(our community owns a lot of snowblowers)
and that he had been getting discouraged.
I pointed out that with this one sale,
it was the equivalent of working a day at McDonald's.
That perked him up and he left with a grin on his face.
If he had knocked on your door,
would you have said yes?
It can be as simple as letting a kid shovel your driveway.
Yesterday we had a snow storm.
This morning a kid (I'd say about 14 years old) knocked on our door,
asking if he could shovel our driveway.
My first instinct was to say no, we could do it ourselves
but then I thought... it takes a lot of nerve to knock on doors
and this kid had the initiative to think up this "business"
so I said yes.
A half hour later,
when he knocked again for payment,
we had a chat.
He said that many people said no
(our community owns a lot of snowblowers)
and that he had been getting discouraged.
I pointed out that with this one sale,
it was the equivalent of working a day at McDonald's.
That perked him up and he left with a grin on his face.
If he had knocked on your door,
would you have said yes?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
