The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The biggest lie that you believed for most of your life?

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
That "I had to sit and listen" and that blazing the trail was "unnecessary".
The way I see it, the journey to freedom within, makes blazing a trail innevitable.
Try not to treat people as static and unlikely to instantly and permenently change, because change is at the heart of each person, just waiting for the moment it feels right to open up.

We treat people as static because we believe it leaves them somehow protected (unlike ourselves... or so we think).
But no one is protected, because we will ALL seek.
Those who attack you, and deter you and justify themselves. Delude themselves, for the sake of egotistical security.

But that constant will NEVER change the dream. It just sets a standard of the person you need to be to reach it.
Courageous,generous, daring.
You will blaze trails all your life, especially when nothing makes sense, and create a balance where there was nothing before. It is what will make you a leader.

Giving all you have inside you, is the pleasure of life, its not a sacrifice.
The essence of success in life is to oppose, the chatter that tries to help you, and stand and give for your own good.

The greatist lie is that what I said above has a BUT attatched to it.
It doesn't.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

fuller

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 28, 2014
Los Angeles
"You weren't born with the money-making gene."

"Getting fancy degrees is how you become a millionaire."

Sorry Mom, I'm going to have to prove you wrong again.

Aimee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 3, 2014
Only stupid people don't go to university, and not going to university means you'll spend the rest of your life in a minimum wage job...

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
That you are stuck with the circumstances that you where born with....like if you where born poor you will stay poor.

Erik Heyl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2014
That anything over 50k is "too much money"

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
That big businesses and corporations are evil.

Spartan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 3, 2014
You are _____(insert character flaw), and that is just the way it is. This is a big reason most people don't ever give full effort to learning new things/improving themselves, and I used to suffer from this as well.

Vote4cake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 28, 2013
Arlington, VA
The biggest lie that I believed for most of my life?
That when I turn into an adult, I have only two options to choose from:
Give away my freedom and work at a job from morning to evening for the rest of my life just so I can survive and live fairly comfortable in some small apartment
or...
Become homeless.

It was something that bothered me for a long time -- even back in my elementary days a bit, but now I know it doesn't have to be that way.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012

Genuine lols were had.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014

almost ruined my mood remembering that shiz...... wasted so much time that I am 21 and feel old

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
What other people think of you matters. (Nobody SAYS this, but most live by it, and it is a plague for the most part.)

G

GuestUser113

What other people think of you matters. (Nobody SAYS this, but most live by it, and it is a plague for the most part.)

I could two craps about what people think about me, etc. If they want to sit around and talk among themselves about how I am this or that. More power to you.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Anyone that isn't on Wall St. or an active trader will fail with stock investments.

After I cite some people I know who passively invest in the market, I usually get "they're just lucky", "they're a lot smarter than you", or "they'll fail soon enough".

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The power of suggestion and belief. Every person you encounter persuades and influences you. Doesn't matter if it's friends, families, lovers, advertising, culture, creed, society, philosophy, psychology, science, race, politics, it's all what they have to sell and what you want to buy into in the moment. It's what the world counts on! The illusion. The deception.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Biggest 2 lies in life i believed:

1. In order to make a lot of money you have to screw people over in the process in order to get into that position. Money = corruption.
(it's not true although corruption exists on all levels)

2. Marriage is about 50% sacrifice.
(it's not, it's 100%)

brewster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 25, 2014
Austin, TX
Grew up with religious parents my whole life... needless to say I got indoctrinated with the standard "Never date anyone outside church and don't ever have sex until you get married" line.

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada

While this is true, we must remember that (read 48 laws of power if you haven't) dependant on our position in life; how others perceive us does in fact matter. However, at times, we portray ourselves in a ruse to mask our true intentions.

What others think of you does not matter, so long as you allow your masters to perceive themselves more powerful than oneself.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
While this is true, we must remember that (read 48 laws of power if you haven't) dependant on our position in life; how others perceive us does in fact matter. However, at times, we portray ourselves in a ruse to mask our true intentions.
What others think of you does not matter, so long as you allow your masters to perceive themselves more powerful than oneself.

You're right.

What I meant was 'Do not allow the opinions of others to negatively affect your sense of self-worth, your self-expression, and your decisions.'

As far as dealing with others and squeezing the most results, 'never outshine the master' applies.

IF YOU'RE IN THE GAME.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013

What I meant was 'The opinions of other people should not be the major influence in changing our decisions and negatively affecting our self-confidence.

EDIT: LOL, double post.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
It's always some sort of a degree issue.

I wish someone had told me at 18 that it's a waste of space and time. Thankgod I dropped out anyway.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
"When the F*ck did we get ice-cream" - Ringer

That line currently resonates with me. In all honesty, people claim to be XYZ and do so and so, and I just look at them in disappoint (more at myself for believing them), and I really just want to shout, when the F*ck did this happen.

Literally, this morning I get a call from a client of mine (I am doing marketing for them). They give me a call about how upset they were about a campaign and it failed. I literally had no idea what they were talking about. 5 mins later I found out they tried to do their own thing and spent $500, not a single sale made from it. "When the F*ck did we get ice-cream" I mean seriously.

All in all, if you say you are going to do something than do it. That was just a very funny scene that always makes me laugh. Cause it is so true. People will say whatever they can to make themselves look better or act as if they are doing something. Rather than saying something just do it.

So biggest lie I ever believed wasn't a single event, but every time I speak to someone and finding out what they say or do is just BS. Worse is when it's in a relationship. That bloody hell pisses me off.

Zen Focus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
743%
Feb 11, 2011
The biggest lie for me was that achieving success is easy. If one thinks that success ever came easy, their success can usually be lost as easily as well.

A quote I love:

""The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow"

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
If you tell people you need their help they will show up. It never applied to my life. I can be my own cheerleader.

Peace

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.