The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Best Speech On The Scripted Mindset You've Never Heard...

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Fortunately, the video made it outside of that classroom to YouTube, where it has amassed 862,715 views so far.

So if we apply 80/20 thinking to this, it potentially made a difference in around 34,000 lives.
:clap::

Great point. I didn't look 'outside the box' to see who had watched it as a recording.

Leading on from that, if those that watched were pre-qualified (because they were seeking out such enlightenment so were receptive to that information), or someone sent them the link thinking they would gain from the knowledge then it is probably far greater than 20% too.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
@Bekit has a much more elaborate summary but here's one from the youtube comments:

EPIPHANY #1: Resenting the Wealthy -- from where you are now to wealth is a curve; follow it and you can get there 17:51

EPIPHANY #2: Three things MONEY is not ... (1. Money is not the root of all evil 2. not embarrassing 3. not finite) 22:42

EPIPHANY #3: Represent Yourself -- read the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell (its about the difference between failure and succeeding ... in anything ... attitude on how to deal with authority; dentist example) 25:26

EPIPHANY #4: Inspired Ideas -- as you progress, there are things you must do daily to move up the curve ... every single day ... slowly, consistently, gradually ... little by little ... every single day ... HOWEVER ... from time to time we get that one inspired thought ... it is those times that can ADD A ZERO to your income. When you have them, you must act on them. 28:28

EPIPHANY #5: Leaving the ranks (of the poor) -- if you were stripped of everything, could you get back to your life and succeed? ... also ... if an extremely rich person were put in your shoes, could they get back to their rich life? 31:58 "You are as successful as the 5 people closest to you" ... we get involved in an "ecosystem of thinking" ... we MUST associate with highly successful people 33:28 Is your State's thinking keeping you poor 34:19

EPIPHANY #6: Your Positioning determines your pay scale -- (not the quality of your work). If you are the celebrity of your industry, your going to out-earn the non-celebrity of your industry. Yes, you need knowledge ... but you also need personality. >> The economy of tomorrow will be ruled by those who bring creativity ... to bring the face, the voice, the celebrity/personality. 37:35

EPIPHANY #7: Don't fixate on the Bottom Line -- It's more about generating more income rather than saving. The bean counter vs the buffalo 40:10

EPIPHANY #8: Risky -- Risky is the new safe; Safe is the new risky;

Thanks for sharing the video, loved it. Epiphany #6 was my favorite in the current media climate of "all jobs are going to be automated".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
A great speaker and a great video, thanks!

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Ha, I worked as a subcontractor at a private school for a year. Often talked to the teaching staff about entrepreneurship, as many were disenchanted with their jobs, and had heard through the grape vine I was on more money than them. When I broached the subject of having an entrepreneur speaker chat to some of their classes that really went down like a lead balloon. That would break the script:

Work hard > get good grades > go to Uni > get good degree > get corporate job > work your way up > be a company man.
Can’t have any outside perspectives.

Old school factory worker ideology holding strong.

Boab

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Aug 17, 2017
Scotland
Many thanks for sharing, this was an amazing watch.

My 3 biggest takeaways were
- How much our life and schooling is still tied to the industrialisation
- If someone extremely wealth and successful was put in to your current life then could then get back to where they were? If yes then why can''t you!
- The benefits of being a personality in your field. You will never be a top earner being a cog like everyone else.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I wish you guys had any idea how many THOUSANDS of ppl are reading books about Industrialism and education being a tool to shape the masses and the Prussian education model..

This is gone in CRAZY DEPTH by John Taylor Gatto’s books btw and also written about in Ten Ways To Destroy The Imagination of Your Children by Anthony Esolen.

Most, if not all, of the leading classical educators I know are very familiar with the connection to Industrialism.

It’s like different ppl across the world are kinda all waking up to the lies we’ve been led to believe about education, business, medicine, and farming.
I’ll check it out. Thanks!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sad thing is, none of those kids seemed terribly interested. Looks like most of them were dabbling on their phones. Was this in the UK or in the RSA?

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Sad thing is, none of those kids seemed terribly interested. Looks like most of them were dabbling on their phones. Was this in the UK or in the RSA?
Hopefully, some were tuned in.

I think this was in South Africa.

Nemolein

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Nov 12, 2017
Brazil
I realized a girl at the middle of the room was some times slepping and chilling with the handy or trying to write something in order to not sleep, then suddenly, a guy came back to the room from who knows where and a girl stood up and went out to the room to no longer return

Cyberdeth

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Thank you for recommending this. I’d skipped over it a few times in my recommended because I thought it was a pastor trying to convert me to Christianity LOL
Yeah, it does have a slight religious slant but not overtly.

For anyone on the fence.

metallon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Oct 13, 2020
Salem, India
The speaker's youtube channel is excellent. It is filled a lot of good entrepreneurial tips.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.