The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The beginning - Warming up the engine

Valeanu Andrei

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 6, 2018
Bucharest
Hello fastlaners,

My name is Andrei V. I have just finished reading The millionaires fastlane and it was an inspiring, thought provoking and changing experience.

A bit of background: i work in Software development for one of the big companies out there and i am not content, now i understand what i was doing wrong, basically the slowlane, got a degree went for a job that's safe, make some money, spend it all on useless things and so on, you know the stuff. I wasn't always like this and it just gotten worse over the past year. During the past year i changed multiple jobs all in the Web space from just plain web apps to crypto and scalable systems and I was just aiming for the bigger salary and after a couple of months i got frustrated by the lack of vision, control in those environments.

A couple of days ago i was browsing the internet and came upon a review of MJ's book and i listened to it all. After that i knew i had to get the book and read it. Fragments of it resonated with me so profoundly, it was like lifting a box and seeing the whole picture. It shifted my focus from changing jobs again to building my own company, my own metaphorical Lambo. I have built products from ground up even though the scale was small i was still making other people a lot of money, but i said that "it's fine i'll just get paid better and it's safe". Well it wasn't safe and i still didn't make all that money so something was off. Now i know what was off - I wasn't in control of the process even though in my mind i was, i was "lucky" to have complete control of the process of developing the product but once i got to the stage of actually make further decisions, after the initial cash flow, the product was taken from me ( lack of control ).

My plan as of today - 6th Jan 2018 -
-Research for an idea that will help others in the space of technology.
-Do the work and understand the laws regarding business in my country and maybe create the entity in another country ( the taxes are so high here ) - Romania
-Create a business entity that will allow to separate my time from money.
-Invest 7-0 days until this business takes off ( this is so vast that i don't even know exactly what this will imply but i'm not letting go of that steering wheel )
-Stop creating value for others ( job ) and doing it for myself ( my company )

If you have any tips/tricks on how to research ideas that would be awesome. How do you guys do market research. I need to learn that stuff

This is the first forum I join and i am slowly working my way through it and it's amazing.
Best wishes to you @MJ DeMarco and to all of the fastlaners going through the struggle.

I will keep you updated on the progress and i am going to be and INSIDERS soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

drumworx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 16, 2018
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hello fastlaners,

My name is Andrei V. I have just finished reading The millionaires fastlane and it was an inspiring, thought provoking and changing experience.

A bit of background: i work in Software development for one of the big companies out there and i am not content, now i understand what i was doing wrong, basically the slowlane, got a degree went for a job that's safe, make some money, spend it all on useless things and so on, you know the stuff. I wasn't always like this and it just gotten worse over the past year. During the past year i changed multiple jobs all in the Web space from just plain web apps to crypto and scalable systems and I was just aiming for the bigger salary and after a couple of months i got frustrated by the lack of vision, control in those environments.

A couple of days ago i was browsing the internet and came upon a review of MJ's book and i listened to it all. After that i knew i had to get the book and read it. Fragments of it resonated with me so profoundly, it was like lifting a box and seeing the whole picture. It shifted my focus from changing jobs again to building my own company, my own metaphorical Lambo. I have built products from ground up even though the scale was small i was still making other people a lot of money, but i said that "it's fine i'll just get paid better and it's safe". Well it wasn't safe and i still didn't make all that money so something was off. Now i know what was off - I wasn't in control of the process even though in my mind i was, i was "lucky" to have complete control of the process of developing the product but once i got to the stage of actually make further decisions, after the initial cash flow, the product was taken from me ( lack of control ).

My plan as of today - 6th Jan 2018 -
-Research for an idea that will help others in the space of technology.
-Do the work and understand the laws regarding business in my country and maybe create the entity in another country ( the taxes are so high here ) - Romania
-Create a business entity that will allow to separate my time from money.
-Invest 7-0 days until this business takes off ( this is so vast that i don't even know exactly what this will imply but i'm not letting go of that steering wheel )
-Stop creating value for others ( job ) and doing it for myself ( my company )

If you have any tips/tricks on how to research ideas that would be awesome. How do you guys do market research. I need to learn that stuff

This is the first forum I join and i am slowly working my way through it and it's amazing.
Best wishes to you @MJ DeMarco and to all of the fastlaners going through the struggle.

I will keep you updated on the progress and i am going to be and INSIDERS soon.

I'm new too! Good to have you and I wish you luck. Hope you're encouraged and learn what you need to learn to take your ideas to the next level!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...