The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Beginning Of My Journey

S_uthman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 16, 2022
Hi all,

I've recently finished reading the Millionaire Fastlane book and thought I'd come here to introduce myself and connect with like-minded people. I'm based in London (UK), and I've recently graduated from University studying Computer Science. I'm a normal guy, nothing special, but I yearn to have the freedom to travel the world and look after my family completely. I'm looking to start web designing as a freelancer whilst working my full-time job to continue paying my bills. I know a 9-5 is not Fastlane, and I'm only doing it temporarily, so I don't go broke until this freelancing venture starts paying my bills. Eventually, I'd like to start a Fastlane business and leave freelancing behind to live a life of complete freedom. So, those are my future goals, and I'd appreciate any words of advice and help from the community here. I've read Rob O'Rourke's web designer freelancing guide, and I'd like some advice on what books to read to improve my business skills (mainly sales and marketing atm) and financial literacy. Also, I plan to read MJ's unscripted book series and develop my Fastlane mindset further.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxAMG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 29, 2022
Netherlands
Hi, I just wanted to wish you good luck as I've also worked a full-time job before fully committing to my business. At one point I both couldn't take the 'Scripted' life anymore and my business was on the verge of paying the bills - the only thing, I believed, holding that back actually was the day job. Fast forward 2+ years and I was indeed able to grow my business after quitting my full time job.

I'm a cautious guy. I'm not there to tell you you should quit your job the second your business shows potential. I just wanted to share my experience that, indeed, only after fully committing, things started to roll.

Another piece of advice would be to absolutely, most definitely read Unscripted in addition to TMF . It will guide you even more.

S_uthman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 16, 2022
Hey Max,

Thanks for your response and advice, I'll take it on board. I'm looking to get into web design freelancing as I have studied computer science at uni to escape the typical corporate life. After that, I hope to be able to start a business once I find a Fastlane idea. I hope we can stay in contact.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...