The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I constantly feel like I am being pushed and pulled around by other people. I've been working on saying no, but I am still finding myself in places where I feel like I need to spend time/do things that interfere with my professional goals. How do you deal with this, without destroying relationships? Some of them will never understand the choices I make. I have accepted them for who they are, but I don't feel that they have accepted me.

As sad as it sounds, some relationships are better off destroyed. How do you expect to live a positive life if you're surrounded by negative people? I'm not saying to completely cut these people off, but move them to your outer circle and bring positive people into your inner circle.

When Mark Cuban cashed out and became a billionaire he told all of his family and friends, "I'm still the same guy. If you treat me any differently then we're going to have to end this relationship". He even did this to family members.

As you grow your ice cream shop and begin opening up more on every corner of Candy Land, you will find that you outgrow your current set of friends anyway. It's the sad reality. I doubt that Obama still chills with his buddies from elementary school...he's too busy running a country.

Love people. Don't throw them away, but move the negative gremlins of Candy Land to your outer circle...unless you want to be broke and frustrated all of your life.

I used to be that guy who tried to make everybody happy. Then I got back-stabbed a ton of times by ungrateful people that I was trying to help out. Some were even my own relatives. My own flesh and blood, homie lol! That's when I decided to start focusing on me first. Now my life is dope and I have great people all around me who genuinely care about me.

Those ungrateful people who back-stabbed me? They're still frustrated with their lives and say I got lucky. I hope they see the light soon...it hurts to live your life in frustration, you know? The scarcity mindset is quite strong in the gremlins of Candy Land.

Karma is crazy like that...that's part of why I'm hardcore about giving back without any attachment to personal gain.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
I'm not saying to completely cut these people off, but move them to your outer circle and bring positive people into your inner circle.
This is exactly what I've been trying to do, and so far I've been making good progress at it. I could be doing more though. I barely have time for B&P, but I'm going to make it fit.
I used to be that guy who tried to make everybody happy. Then I got back-stabbed a ton of times by ungrateful people that I was trying to help out. Some were even my own relatives. My own flesh and blood, homie lol! That's when I decided to start focusing on me first. Now my life is dope and I have great people all around me who genuinely care about me.
I can relate to this a ton. It's not easy finding great people to surround yourself with, but it gets easier every time you try. I guess that's why they say "lead by example." We have to blaze our own path because who the hell else can you rely upon to make things the way you want them?

UniversalMind

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 24, 2011
United States
Epic thread Icecreamkid! This thread is great because it teaches you that having the right mindset, is a large part of the game, at that is something I'm working on at the moment. So hopefully one day after absorbing your invaluable information, great advice, many of us here, can enjoy the icecream with you together. Keep up the great posts!

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
I don't know where to start.. I know that I need to sell high ticket products, I know that I have to convince people to buy my product through good copywritng, I need to take care of them, give them bonuses, discounts etc.

But how do I start from ground zero? I never made anything of value in my entire life tbh, why? I dont have skills that are valuable.. I'm not a coder, doctor, actor, (insert some skill here that people are willing to pay for)

Also, I dont know what is possible, when I hear of pre-selling it seems to kind of uncomfortable, You sell something that doesnt exist (you have to lie that you know what you are doing, but in reality you dont know nothing about product Creation, and there is a risk that if you decide to outsource it, someone will not deliver what you asked for)

I just described one way of doing things, Im dont know about other methods..so..question remains.. How?

Last edited:

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
You know what lame excuse is holding me back? An idea. I dont have fear of screwing up as I am working on the idea. I dont have a problem wasting money on an idea. I do have a day job, but dont really have a fear of losing it or dumping it to go after the idea. Mj stated in another thread that the idea excuse is horrible, because just getting an idea wont do anything without the process. Personally, I dont think I would have a problem after figuring the idea part out. Sure, I wont know where or what to do, but I feel (again for my personal self) I would enjoy the thrill, frustrations, etc. If someone said there was a need in how people do X, I would figure outthe process with repeated failures. Have I taken time to really listen? Honestly, not as much as I should have or I would have tried something. I spend more time learning the process side of things( selling, persuasion, how the mind works) instead of thinking on needs. Sorry for the rambles, but you asked :)

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I don't know where to start.. I know that I need to sell high ticket products, I know that I have to convince people to buy my product through good copywritng, I need to take care of them, give them bonuses, discounts etc.

But how do I start from ground zero? I never made anything of value in my entire life tbh, why? I dont have skills that are valuable.. I'm not a coder, doctor, actor, (insert some skill here that people are willing to pay for)

Also, I dont know what is possible, when I hear of pre-selling it seems to kind of uncomfortable, You sell something that doesnt exist (you have to lie that you know what you are doing, but in reality you dont know nothing about product Creation, and there is a risk that if you decide to outsource it, someone will not deliver what you asked for)

I just described one way of doing things, Im dont know about other methods..so..question remains.. How?

Holy shnykies batman. I see a lot of self-defeating language at play here. You and I need to address that if you wish to build a business or else the little voice in the back of your head will ruin everything.

You don't need to be a coder. You don't need to be a doctor, actor, whatever to possess value. You don't need anything, really haha. That's the crazy part.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIE TO PRE-SELL. Have you seen JackEdwards' thread and INSIDERS call? He talks about pre-selling in there. The guy is worth millions of dollars. He didn't get there by lying. Please get it out of your mind that you have to lie to pre-sell. Believing that you must lie will end up sabotaging you.

Honestly I could go really deep into how to pre-sell with honor and integrity, but it would take so much time that I would end up having to make a full fledged course out of it. And I'm not here to make money off you guys by selling courses.

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
You know what lame excuse is holding me back? An idea. I dont have fear of screwing up as I am working on the idea. I dont have a problem wasting money on an idea. I do have a day job, but dont really have a fear of losing it or dumping it to go after the idea. Mj stated in another thread that the idea excuse is horrible, because just getting an idea wont do anything without the process. Personally, I dont think I would have a problem after figuring the idea part out. Sure, I wont know where or what to do, but I feel (again for my personal self) I would enjoy the thrill, frustrations, etc. If someone said there was a need in how people do X, I would figure outthe process with repeated failures. Have I taken time to really listen? Honestly, not as much as I should have or I would have tried something. I spend more time learning the process side of things( selling, persuasion, how the mind works) instead of thinking on needs. Sorry for the rambles, but you asked :)

When you take your business to the first $100k, you will realize how insignificant the idea really is. I bet if you told Bill Gates that the only industry he would be allowed to enter is the hot dog cart business, he would absolutely dominate the entire area in which he operates and emerge a millionaire while most others would struggle.

Coming up with ideas is the easiest part. You just have to learn to see the world through the proper lens, which is part of what I'm trying to teach in this thread. Everything after that is the real battle. I see opportunities every single day and wish I could take on more, but that would really mess me up.

Process is everything.

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
BRO....EVEN FABIO KNOWS HOW TO WRITE COPY. He uses the word "secrets" to grab at your curiosity. He uses the word "expert" at the bottom to lend credibility to his product.
Step 1. Learn copy.
Step 2. Become Fabio.
Step 3. Get the Ladies....I mean ice cream. yeah.

fab_fitness_frnt_web.jpg

Last edited:

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
This thread has now hit 7k views yet the number of posts are few. Even fewer are taking active action.

Tell me, what are you struggling with? What is preventing you from taking active action? I need to know so that I can tweak my advice to shift your mindset to be able to break through that barrier.

I know a lot of people here are in the same boat with this, but currently I work a job that takes up my entire weekdays save for an hour or two if I'm not beyond exhausted. Personally I'm playing the waiting game, I'm still accruing capital and plan to quit by June to go all out on my venture. Short of quitting right now there isn't much else I can do, I have been doing my "homework" and doing some learning every day :). For the most part I've gotten past my mental masturbation as well, still trying to finish Altucher's book and get in on the INSIDERS right after that. Then theres learning some copy, and the list goes on. Really enjoying this thread, I just wish I could drop my job right now to take action- but I need to hold out until April at least. On top of my physical health issues as well, that needs to straighten out first.

Thank you for taking the time to help those who reached out to you, it speaks volumes about your character. Beers on me if you ever come out to NYC!

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
@RBefort Did you know on Amazon there's a section called Best Sellers and Most Wished For? Those are items that are adding value to other peoples lives right now. I'm sure you can spend an hour looking through every department and come up with a gem. Most Wished For means people already want that item, your job is to deliver it to them in a better way than your competition(marketing, great copy). Do it up bro!

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
BRO....EVEN FABIO KNOWS HOW TO WRITE COPY. He uses the word "secrets" to grab at your curiosity. He uses the word "expert" at the bottom to lend credibility to his product.
Step 1. Learn copy.
Step 2. Become Fabio.
Step 3. Get the Ladies....I mean ice cream. yeah.

fab_fitness_frnt_web.jpg

funny... With the limited amount of copy I have read on. Thus far 3 books. Everything in the ad stuck out without even reading what you posted. all I saw was "Secrets" "Expert" "With You". F*** Yea I'm learning COPY!!!!!!

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
Hey everyone, tonight I spoke with IceCreamKid and wanted to share a little bit.

First off, SUPER nice guy! The over all tone of his posts here on the forum is by no means an act. He actually wants to help others.

Guys and gals, please do not be scared to reach out to people. I personally am a laid back guy and not one to be "socially out there" but for whatever reason I decided to reach out to IceCreamKid tonight and he offered to talk with me and I took the opportunity and ran with it. It was just what I needed to refresh my mind and soak up TONS of knowledge.

Just a couple of things I took from our conversation:

1.) As already mentioned, DON'T be afraid to reach out to people. It might just be worth your while to reach out every once in awhile.

2.) Copywriting. This guy is the real deal! After only a couple of hours on the phone, I feel like I have a nice foundation/understanding of copy. It's about more than catchy phrases and selling things via text. It's a transformation of your mind and how you think! How you present yourself to your customer and truly UNDERSTANDING the desires of your customer.

3.) Admit to yourself that you do not know everything.... Whenever someone smarter than you is offering you their advice, shut up and listen.

4.) Take the ice cream that someone shared with you, and continue to share!. Spread the love. IceCreamKids enthusiasm and passion was dripping through the phone! Kind of like ice cream :D. His personality and love for life rubbed off on me and picked my spirits up!

Overall, just an awesome experience.

I'm not going to go in to any specific details of what he taught me, as I'm sure he will share it in this thread at some point, but I couldn't go without writing this post and expressing my sheer gratitude to the man.

A big THANK YOU to you, IceCreamKid.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
Hey everyone, tonight I spoke with IceCreamKid and wanted to share a little bit.

First off, SUPER nice guy! The over all tone of his posts here on the forum is by no means an act. He actually wants to help others.

Guys and gals, please do not be scared to reach out to people. I personally am a laid back guy and not one to be "socially out there" but for whatever reason I decided to reach out to IceCreamKid tonight and he offered to talk with me and I took the opportunity and ran with it. It was just what I needed to refresh my mind and soak up TONS of knowledge.

1.) As already mentioned, DON'T be afraid to reach out to people. It might just be worth your while to reach out every once in awhile.

2.) Copywriting. This guy is the real deal! After only a couple of hours on the phone, I feel like I have a nice foundation/understanding of copy. It's about more than catchy phrases and selling things via text. It's a transformation of your mind and how you think! How you present yourself to your customer and truly UNDERSTANDING the desires of your customer.

3.) Admit to yourself that you do not know everything.... Whenever someone smarter than you is offering you their advice, shut up and listen.

4.) Take the ice cream that someone shared with you, and continue to share!. Spread the love. IceCreamKids enthusiasm and passion was dripping through the phone! Kind of like ice cream :D. His personality and love for life rubbed off on me and picked my spirits up!

I'm not going to go in to any specific details of what he taught me, as I'm sure he will share it in this thread at some point, but I couldn't go without writing this post and expressing my sheer gratitude to the man.

Great post. Thanks!

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California

Can I just tell all of you that rebel ice cream lovin' dude Lathan did something amazing? You know what he did? He had an opportunity and took action on it.

We were exchanging PM's back and forth and I had a short window to talk. I said, "Hey man I know you got some questions, but can you be ready to talk on the phone in 10 minutes?". The guy didn't hesitate. He dropped what he was doing and took the call, despite me racking up his minutes on his prepaid cell phone plan.

He took action and got the ice cream!

Mad respect to you, good sir.

Last edited:

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
despite me racking up his minutes on his prepaid cell phone plan.

It would cost you $20 bucks , I can teach you how to setup 2 voip landlines. All you need is a router with an open Ethernet port and a Used vonage linksys ata. I have 6 phone lines in my house. Free local and long distance U.S calling. Caller Id, threeway..... Also you can get an android phone and download a program called talkatone and use google voice to make calls and send texts over wifi. I haven't had a phone bill in 6 months.

Edit: The ata's go for about $20. I would teach the method for free.

Genium

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 6, 2013
Hey @IceCreamKid

This thread is awesome, thanks for taking the time from your business to devote to it!

I have been in a weird and dull period in my journey the past month. It's like I am focusing on little things instead of taking action on things that will bring the real results.

A big problem I have is I keep worrying about the little time I have, and I spend it pondering what exactly to do, while half-assing things like: creating Facebook ads for my knives, learning copywriting, building the business in general, and reading books. What usually happens is, I spend like 3-4 hours per night trying to get shit done, don't, and then I get like 6 hours of sleep and then work the next day.

I need a little fire under my a$$. I'm 21, and I feel like I am wasting time. I want this business to keep growing!

How should I be prioritizing? I have been pondering making a video (informercial style) for my knives for some time now. I know that's the next step. I also want to change up something in regards to how my brand runs to differentiate myself even more.

I hope to hear your thoughts.

- Genium

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Active action is doing stuff that drives customers to buy. Stuff like picking up the phone, talking to people, getting out there and pounding the pavement. You'd be shocked at what having some guts and hard work gets you. It gets you the ice cream.

Ice Cream Kid- firstly its so great to see another top notch poster on here, along with the likes of jackedwards....very inspiring, almost makes me think it may be possible to break out of these shackles of a normal boring life!

The part I quoted from you is what seems to stump me and maybe alot of others. Pound the pavement...how? Who? Where do I find these pain points to solve? How do I find where I can provide value? Is there a tangible recipe to discovery?

I am always amazed (jealous and humbled) by people like you, as seeing where you are able to fill gaps and provide value seems the easiest part!

Thanks in advance!

D

DeletedUser2

How should I be prioritizing?
pick 1 thing and get good at it.
Video? do 10 a week or 40 a month, until your an expert.
copy? write write write.

paid traffic?
spend more. be more analytical.

do one thing. and do it until you master it.

your like drilling oil wells all over 1 square mile.... only 6 inches deep, lots of little holes.

real oil. is 1 mile DEEP. 6 inches wide.....

Drill deeper

Z

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Hey @IceCreamKid
How should I be prioritizing?

Here it is, my friend:

Multi-tasking is the enemy of greatness. Do one thing, and become a madman with it. Did you see the post I wrote to the Dolphin where I attached a picture of all the letters I hand copied? That's what maniacs do. Come join me and the other maniacs in the ice cream shop, where we focus on only one thing at a time.

SHUT OFF YOUR BRAIN. STOP OVER-ANALYZING. PICK ONE THING AND BECOME A MADMAN WITH IT.

Genium

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 6, 2013
pick 1 thing and get good at it.
do one thing. and do it until you master it.
Z

This. Precisely the problem.

I already know what I am going to do. Get 7, not 6 hours of sleep a night, hit the gym consistently everyday for 20-30 minutes, eat well. To keep my mind & body in sync and ready to kick a$$ everyday. It's time to focus, and it's going to be in media.

Badass product pictures, an awesome videos. I have lots of ideas to provide value to my target audience/customers. Stuff that's share-worthy.

Then, after I master that? Master copy. Then i'll focus on driving traffic. I'll have awesome media and great copy skills to bring in people and SELL.

Thanks for your helpful input Z!

Cheers

- Genium

Genium

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 6, 2013
SHUT OFF YOUR BRAIN. STOP OVER-ANALYZING. PICK ONE THING AND BECOME A MADMAN WITH IT.

My problem is over-analyzing. I am getting some good rest tonight, hyper focusing tomorrow, and kicking a$$ like I should have been all this time. I will unite with you all in the ice cream shop!

Thanks man, much appreciated.

- Genium

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Ice Cream Kid- firstly its so great to see another top notch poster on here, along with the likes of jackedwards....very inspiring, almost makes me think it may be possible to break out of these shackles of a normal boring life!

The part I quoted from you is what seems to stump me and maybe alot of others. Pound the pavement...how? Who? Where do I find these pain points to solve? How do I find where I can provide value? Is there a tangible recipe to discovery?

Thank you for the compliment, but you probably shouldn't compare me with JackEdwards lol I own one ice cream shop...he owns all of Candy Land. I do aspire to be neat like him one day though.

I don't understand your question asking how to pound the pavement. You just do it. Go up to any business and ask them what their problems are, what you can help them with. Open your eyes and look around. There is broken stuff everywhere. STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. GET OUT INTO THE REAL WORLD, YOU'D BE SURPRISED HOW NICE PEOPLE ARE LOL.

It's supposed to be hard. If it was easy, the barrier to entry would be low and the profit margins would shrink like what happened with all the sellers on ebay.

Be encouraged when things are hard.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
real oil. is 1 mile DEEP. 6 inches wide.....

Badass

Its on the edge of the knife, and you have to have enough grit, to keep hammering away at it until you make it work. And when inspiration hits just tuck back down and keep going.
Taking action (hitting the pavement) means, finding what "you want to/and can absolutely" pursue, and having the oomph to go do it. It also means, not getting sidetracked in distracting thoughts of doubt. It also means, getting out of that comfort zone! To do something you haven't done before, to step into new ground, and to stick with it until you nail it.

Wtf am I talking about? If you want icecream, you just hover near the glass, you get your phone out and start using all you know, until you know what to do to get it.

Last edited:

BobbyPenzero

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Nov 28, 2013
Hey IceCreamKId, this is an incredible thread - I'm learning so much with every post.

I've asked myself some questions of what is stopping me - multi-tasking and trying to tackle too much at once is definitely the main problem, just covered above.

I guess the only piece of advice I need now is... how do I get out of my comfort-zone every day? I freelance from home so I'm mostly alone, with a lot of spare time, but just over analyze and read instead of taking constant action.

The answer seems obvious now I write it, but I need to find ways to keep taking action and get out of my comfort zone.

I'll be...

Picking one thing and focusing on it until expert status, then moving on to the next
Getting outside and talking to people with the focus on THEM > their needs, their problems, their wants, their hopes and dreams
Getting the rest of my shyt together > sleeping, exercising, and eating right
Stop living inside my head and mentally masturbating over new quotes, new books etc.

Am I on the right track? Damn, it sounds simple when I actually sit down and type it out.

P.S. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say thank you, thank you so much.

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
How do I get out of my comfort-zone every day?

Okay this is something that I didn't want to reveal to you guys, but since this is some valuable advice that can REALLY help you I'm going to spill the beans. I used MLM tactics to get out of my comfort zone every day.

Back when I was a money chasing idiot teenager, I joined an MLM called Amway. They would brainwash their "independent business owners" by telling them listen to CD's every single night. No joke...talk to a diehard MLM guy and he'll sound like a friggin zombie. He cannot use critical thinking, he cannot use logic, he has literally been re-programmed by the CD's. Everything he does, says, thinks, will be in honor of his divine master, the Lord of The Upline Distributors.

Anyway, you can use this same tactic to turbocharge the re-wiring of your mindset by creating CD's using your own voice. I created an audio CD using my own voice that I would listen to all day for multiple days in a row. It would say stuff like "I am an action taking machine. I don't care if I get rejected, I just keep moving forward. I take confident action relentlessly. I feel fear and take action anyway because I am a badass mother F*cker". If you hear something enough times then you will eventually start seeing it as undisputed fact, even if your former belief system felt otherwise.

So yea, re-program yourself...I know it sounds psycho, but it can be a very powerful way to shift your mindset and become a relentless, action taking badass mofo. Brainwashing can be used for both good and bad. Look at Hitler and how he hypnotized an entire country to justify doing some horrible things.

This was a very absurd flavor of ice cream that I just shared with you. Hope you're not weirded out by it...actually, I think we've already established that everyone is a weirdo at the ice cream shop so you must be weird too if you're hanging out in this thread bro! Get the ice cream!

Last edited:

BobbyPenzero

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Nov 28, 2013
That does sound weird - but awesome, too. All right, I'll be creating a list of things to repeat and record, then play it back over and over.

My last question to you, and thank you for answering, is what I know my true problem is. It's deciding and getting started. Even my girlfriend said last night "You constantly flit" (meaning jump from one thing to another). Like, one week I'll have the idea to write books for kindle, then the next open some websites, then import products, and so on, except I can never decide or make an action plan with the first step written down, and so I actually end up doing nothing at all.

Is this decision making and having the confidence to start something, see it through to the end, and complete it? This would be my fear. In some self-reflection I realized that except for my awfully paid freelance work, I hadn't completed something since about the age of 11.

Thank you again - every post I read here is like a step towards enlightenment, and I feel that this is my one true stumbling block - the inability to decide on one thing, focus, and see it through to the end. This is a recurring pattern - I don't finish books, and even if I do it's a rarity - I'm lacking the persistence.

Perhaps an audio - "I take action, make confident decisions, and see things through to the end, always." Sounds corny, but just writing this is making me realize it really could work.

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
This is a recurring pattern - I don't finish books, and even if I do it's a rarity - I'm lacking the persistence.

Bro, you need to reach what I call the F*ck it point. The point where you are 100% committed.

The F*ck It Point

People often wonder where all of my motivation comes from. They wonder how is this kid able to function off 4 hours of sleep a day. I honestly don’t know how to explain the motivation factor because it’s an overall feeling rather than something that I can put into words.

All I can say is that every man reaches a breaking point in his life. He feels like he’s carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders at this point. Frustration is at its highest, disappointment is at its peak, and worst of all is the underlying feeling that he wasn’t living up to the greatness that is within himself.

This is when he reaches the F*ck IT point. He becomes 100% committed NOT because he has something to prove to anyone, but because of who he is to become. Procrastination is replaced by action, he has no time to acknowledge the fear that exists with himself because he is moving so fast towards accomplishing his mission, and everything seems to come easily…because he has finally reached the F*ck IT point.

Being 99% committed is painful as hell. You second guess yourself. You overanalyze. You let fear paralyze you into inaction. But don’t worry…your moment will come when you are so sick of the fact that you’re getting older, you will have no choice but to take action like an ice cream addicted maniac…and that is when you will win the battle. And do you know where the battle takes place? Within your mind. Master yourself.

Don't you hate how there is such a spiritual side to this stuff? Don't you wish you could just complete steps 1,2, and 3 then a million dollar pops out of the other end? lol if only it were that easy.

Last edited:

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
I don't understand your question asking how to pound the pavement. You just do it. Go up to any business and ask them what their problems are, what you can help them with. Open your eyes and look around. There is broken stuff everywhere.

I know you are right. It sounds so logical. Ask for a problem then provide a solution! I can't imagine doing it practically...walking into a dentist for example...and ask what?! I think im making this more difficult or overanalyzing....action needs to occur.

All roads lead to Rome....and for me I think those roads are actually growing a set and trying to find problems by talking to complete strangers. I have complete confidence that once I find a problem worth solving, I will roll from there.

Thanks ICK....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.