The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The almost Fastlane Millionaire

Anything related to matters of the mind

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
I joined the forum in 2018 with this post INTRO - Better late than never
Thanks now to @Kaan Gullu making me realise I hadn't posted the Execution thread I intended to ( INTRO - The consequnces of friendships ) it is time for another better late than never post.
The image below shows my rough notes made straight after reading chapter 37 of the Millionaire Fastlane where I defined my lifestyle, assessed the cost and set the targets.
20220212_122341.jpg
You will note that thinking big wasn't my style back then ( probably due to decades on the slowlane or simply a limiting mindset on my part) so my Money system target was only £159,120 and my Business system target £1766 a month. Following the book I made it real by opening it and funding it straight away.
Unfortunately I started unintentionally money chasing, selling on ebay and Etsy, making my first sale EXECUTION - NOTABLE! - Describe your first sale as an entrepreneur! but not really adding value or achieving anything like the business system target. It wasn't until I went into the domestic cleaning business with my wife that things started to happen (not quite a CENTS business, but was getting there)
The Money System target has now been achieved, and more so. The Business system target long gone, and having gone from the bottom 10% of the wealth percentile INTRO - Better late than never to the top 16%, not wealthy as such, having a net worth of £790K - not yet a Millionaire (converting to US $ makes it look better) but much happier and now able to provide more for my loved ones.

Hopefully this post will show those starting on the Fastlane that by following the guidelines it is possible, your are never too late to start, and if you set goals far bigger than mine there is no limit to what you can achieve.
My focus has now shifted, having recently read the Great Rat-race Escape and returned to this forum and spurred on by
I have set new goals and have a new purpose. I realise in ten years time I will be in my seventies and one of my goals is to be fit enough to enjoy life still, I therfore intend to use this thread to fill in some of my story and to keep myself accountable on the fitness front.

Best wishes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
Very very inspiring no other way to put it. I appreciate this post because it proves even after decades on the slowlane a fastlane mindset can still bring you great success regardless of your life stage. I'm sure it'll help both those who are just starting out with their career (like me) and those who are at a similar stage to you. Thank you

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
I have started writing a newsletter and in my first issue I considered the question “If you’re not actively involved in getting what you want, you don’t really want it” from the book ‘You Can’t Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought’ by John-Roger and Peter McWilliams. This made me ponder do we have goals and dreams that remain just that, dreams? Are we not sure what you want in life? How do we know our goals are what we really want? The simple answer is, according the McWilliams' is, we are actively involved in getting them, otherwise we are just fooling ourselves and they are not something we really want, just something we think we want.
We, obviously, cannot be actively involved in doing something towards our goals all the time, so how do we know we are actively involved in achieving them? This is where a planner, or journal, comes in handy, with scheduled activities that support each of the goals we want to accomplish, breaking them down into daily, weekly and monthly tasks, answering the question “what do I want within the next one to ten years?”, then marking off accomplishments shows we are actively involved in doing something towards our goals.
Part of my ten-year plan, is to be healthy enough in my seventies to carry on enjoying the freedom I now have. With this in mind, am I doing everything I can to promote healthy ideas, healthy feelings and healthy actions in my life? Am I exploring more and more options for greater health, considering my diet and exercise regime? If I am, then I can say I really want to live healthily, if not, I can’t. Furthermore, if I’m involved in a life-damaging activity, such as smoking, it could be said that not only do I not have a desire for greater health, I have, in fact, a desire for poorer health. So far this is a resounding yes, I really want it!
Put simply what we desire, really desire, is that which we actively produce in our lives, what we make real through action. But if we are not really doing anything towards something we want, according to McWilliams, we have three choices:
One, we can carry on as we are, fooling ourselves that we really what it, but action faking, and the results indicating we don’t really want to achieve our goal.
Two, we can give up on the goal, realising, whilst it was a nice idea we didn’t really want it more than the other things we are actively seeking.
Or three, we can do whatever is necessary to accomplish that goal and remove from our schedule activities that promote lesser goals to the detriment of this one. Overcoming the mental, emotional and physical objections that will be raised, knowing you need to it and doing it!
Unfortunately, we can end up choosing the first option by simply not choosing, letting things carry on as they have in the past, not achieving anything and giving up on our goals. The latter two options, though, put us more actively in charge of our life, thoughts, feeling and actions. Giving up on the want frees up our time and energy so we can focus on those we actually want, and doing whatever is is necessary to accomplish the particular want, or goal, sets us up along the road to freedom.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007