The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 5am Club - Worth it?

5am Club: Is it worth it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
Some of my friends are huge fans of the 5 am club. I used to be a night warrior but with the kids getting older, staying up later (and sleeping later!), I’ve slowly shifted to being a morning person. It’s a bit tough. The coffee, etc doesn’t kick in for a bit but just gotta bust through it!

Best thing for me is to do yoga when I wake up. Brings so much energy into my body.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

guaava23

Ready for the FastLane Living!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 25, 2019
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Some of my friends are huge fans of the 5 am club. I used to be a night warrior but with the kids getting older, staying up later (and sleeping later!), I’ve slowly shifted to being a morning person. It’s a bit tough. The coffee, etc doesn’t kick in for a bit but just gotta bust through it!

Best thing for me is to do yoga when I wake up. Brings so much energy into my body. (Do NOT try these unless you’ve been trained/learned to do yoga.) But they are game changers.

324741300c940253f4f418600fec864f.jpg

17511870b0c17afff59eae3839f0c597.jpg
Great use of space. I totally agree. My day doesn't really flow until I start moving. I try to stretch a bit in the first 30 min and then after my morning routine, I go to the gym or play tennis. Thanks for adding.

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
I've noticed huge improvements in my personal life, health, energy and confidence levels as well since starting this. I always used to be a night owl but this has easily been the single biggest improvement I've made in my life.

As Hal mentioned in the "Miracle Morning", the 1st 20-30 days are super hard (especially the 1st 10), but once you get there, it's hard to imagine any other way of life and it just feels natural. I dont even have an alarm now and just use Alexa to turn on the lights to wake me up (and a gentle nudge 5 minutes in followed by a slightly louder "heavy metal" one in 10 haha, but it rarely comes to that).

For my routine I wake up ~5 and exercise / work out for 30 minutes followed by reading and meditation for another 30 before getting down to business for ~3 hours :)

Weekends are definitely the best part of this routine which keeps me much more focused and motivated to be bold and earn my freedom. This started as a way to earn more time in the day around work hours but I definitely plan to continue this when I go full time with my own ventures.

guaava23

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 25, 2019
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I've noticed huge improvements in my personal life, health, energy and confidence levels as well since starting this. I always used to be a night owl but this has easily been the single biggest improvement I've made in my life.

As Hal mentioned in the "Miracle Morning", the 1st 20-30 days are super hard (especially the 1st 10), but once you get there, it's hard to imagine any other way of life and it just feels natural. I dont even have an alarm now and just use Alexa to turn on the lights to wake me up (and a gentle nudge 5 minutes in followed by a slightly louder "heavy metal" one in 10 haha, but it rarely comes to that).

For my routine I wake up ~5 and exercise / work out for 30 minutes followed by reading and meditation for another 30 before getting down to business for ~3 hours :)

Weekends are definitely the best part of this routine which keeps me much more focused and motivated to be bold and earn my freedom. This started as a way to earn more time in the day around work hours but I definitely plan to continue this when I go full time with my own ventures.
Nice! I started as an experiment, and to start the day my own way, plus have the quiet uninterrupted time. I have found so many benefits, and I love the weekends since I can do more that has to do with my goals outside of my 'job'. I also sleep so deep and most of the time I sleep my 7-8 hours without waking up and more rested.

ds_groundupbiz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 9, 2018
Houston, TX
I know the 5 am club is totally worth it and I have read The Miracle Morning but lately I have been having trouble going to sleep early / before 11 pm... Especially if I begin to get deeply involved in my work nearing bed time. How do you force yourself to go to sleep when you are actually making decent progress on your work?

guaava23

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 25, 2019
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I know the 5 am club is totally worth it and I have read The Miracle Morning but lately I have been having trouble going to sleep early / before 11 pm... Especially if I begin to get deeply involved in my work nearing bed time. How do you force yourself to go to sleep when you are actually making decent progress on your work?
You don't. Why stop productivity. What's better than getting your job done if that's your goal. If it's your day job that you want to get away from, then cut it off and wind down earlier, look forward to a new day at 5am where you will start anew on your personal goals and go to sleep. If you have your business and are being productive at any time, why stop unless you want to make it a habit to stop working at a certain time and start new in the morning.
Everyone's different. I am almost addicted to waking up at 5am since I love how good I get deep sleep from 7-8 hours and get the quietness and productivity straight off the bat. There are days I don't feel my best, but I wake up at 5 anyways and I eventually get more motivated especially after a workout. Just my opinion.

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014

In the long run I found that having a bit of regime is better. I try to finish all brain-intensive tasks before 10pm. Do some light excersises ala yoga, meditate, take a cold shower. So I could lay in bed before at arround 11. I am guilty as everyone for working late, especially with difference in time zones with my clients. But I found out that you are more suitable for different tasks at different times. Morning is good for intensive, communicative tasks, so I don't want to lose that productive time 9-12 in the morning. But if the situation requires, finishing the project or have a Skype call in different part of the world - yeh you sit till the next morning, who cares :D

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I see you are from New England.

In Old England we tend to still use the old fashioned method of standing on our feet and using our hands to open the refrigerator.

Dan

Last edited:

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
I see you are from New England.

In Old England we tend to still use the old fashioned method of standing on our feet and using our hands to open the refrigerator.

Dan

literally lol!

moneytree3006

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
May 10, 2019
No. Just making a statement based on what usually happens when new people show up and start making shallow posts with video links to drive traffic to their channel.
^this :rofl:

Anyway, I have a friend who told me all the benefits he had experience since starting to wake up at 5am so I decided to give it a shot.

At first I thought it would make no difference. There are only 24 hours in a day, right? So what's the difference between doing work before starting the day job or after?

I actually found there is a huge difference!

By doing 3 solid hours of work Mon-Fri AM on my passive income project I feel like I'm closer to launching my blog after 1 week than a couple of months trying to squeeze in hours after the day job.

I definitely don't think it's for everyone though. If you have no issues with energy levels or finding motivation after a long day at the day job then it's probably not necessary.

You've got to get tasks done. Doesn't matter if it's in the AM or PM.

Insidious

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 3, 2019
Asheville, NC
IME it's much easier to do your morning routine and set yourself for the day (Miracle Morning style) before the rest of the house is awake. For me it's the only way to get truly uninterrupted work time, so it's a great time to work on those 'Important but not Urgent' tasks.

As a spouse complaint hack, I go back to bed about an hour before she gets up, spoon, and take a power nap. Not only does she wake up happy, but I get some of my best sleep and wake up recharged for my '2nd day'. =)

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
Getting up before 5am has changed me.
Getting up before 5am lets me throw a big middle finger and a fat F*ck you to the script.

I used to have my ears assaulted by an alarm clock around 6:50 or so everyday, to make me fall out of bed, curse what I had to do, what I'd become; force myself to shower, feed, and sh*t; and then head out roughly 25 mins after my ingraceful awakening to get irradiated by flourescent lights and play phone jockey and get passive-aggressived at all day. After that and night classes, I'd get home, and try to fill the hole in my life with something, usually youtube, videogames, or drink; the fruits of which caused me to go to bed past midnight, continuing the cycle.

No longer am I led to the slaughterhouse daily like a farm animal;
I control my time.
I rise out of bed at 4:24am every morning, give wage slavery the finger, and get down to my work to bring my vision to reality.

I can feel it now, I'm changing, and my life won't be what it is now, forever.
I'm taking back control, feeling the redpill burn through my veins like a california wildfire, and I will not go back...

...because I have control now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.