The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Textbook example of lack of market validation, from 1996

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Lol... my son showed me this the other day. We often talk about market validation on this forum, and here is a great example of why you should do just that.

This guy invented (and I use that term very loosely) an email "machine" back in the mid 90's that he thought was going to revolutionize the way people used emails and messaging.... lol.

Mind you - he tried to launch this idea AFTER email was already commonplace! The guy does have plenty of entrepreneurial drive and passion, gotta give him that. But boy did he spend waaaay too much time and money on something which - to everyone else was just a terrible, terrible idea. Oh and, could he have picked a worse name for the thing? :rofl:

Be prepared to facepalm..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Very cool to see that he just swung and missed. He kept swinging and is probably doing well. Happy to see it.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
Just what we all need. Buy a whole new computer just to send your email.

Just watched some other videos on his YT channel. Strange channel but I guess he manufactures those animatronic animals? The comments look strange too. They look fake to me. If their not fake then there is weird people out there who have an animatronic passion? Weird stuff.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Well crap - now I gotta change the name of this product I’m working on. :playful:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
This guy is really entertaining.

Some people walk on the bank of chaos, and that's Ok with me. He keeps one toe in the river, and lets the creative energy go almost unfiltered. He's done his part for projects that worked too.

A guy like this would be well served by friends who can nudge him in practical directions. But maybe that's not so easy. Oh well. We can settle for an endless stream of novel inventions with randomly generated utility value, right?

I like this quote:

I put a lot of money in inventions that didn’t pan out. I don’t say I ‘wasted’ it. That’s like saying you wasted money going fishing. I ‘spent’ it.
Aaron does what Aaron wants to do. LOL. :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.