• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Textbook example of lack of market validation, from 1996

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Eskil, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Eskil

Eskil Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $51,231
    Lol... my son showed me this the other day. We often talk about market validation on this forum, and here is a great example of why you should do just that.

This guy invented (and I use that term very loosely) an email "machine" back in the mid 90's that he thought was going to revolutionize the way people used emails and messaging.... lol.

Mind you - he tried to launch this idea AFTER email was already commonplace! The guy does have plenty of entrepreneurial drive and passion, gotta give him that. But boy did he spend waaaay too much time and money on something which - to everyone else was just a terrible, terrible idea. Oh and, could he have picked a worse name for the thing? :rofl:

Be prepared to facepalm..

2. Milkanic

Milkanic Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $6,039
    Ha, how the world has changed. In every color too.

I looked him up and he is the guy behind the Whac-A-Mole game and Chuck E. Cheese animatronics. Figured he had a few other inventions but what a crazy mix.

Homepage | Creative Engineering, Inc.

GlobalWealth, ZF Lee and Eskil like this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $403,764
    Admin Post
    Very cool to see that he just swung and missed. He kept swinging and is probably doing well. Happy to see it.

AF77, Kingmaker, B. Cole and 4 others like this.
  4. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $189,353
    I think his main problem was that he thought that email was hard because of typing in the email address.

jesseissorude, TonyStark and Eskil like this.
  5. TonyStark

TonyStark I'm not dead yet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,051
    :rofl: This machine seems way more difficult.

jesseissorude and Eskil like this.
  6. DustinH

DustinH Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,722
    Just what we all need. Buy a whole new computer just to send your email.

Just watched some other videos on his YT channel. Strange channel but I guess he manufactures those animatronic animals? The comments look strange too. They look fake to me. If their not fake then there is weird people out there who have an animatronic passion? Weird stuff.

TonyStark and Eskil like this.
  7. B. Cole

B. Cole In thine hand is power and might. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,327
    Well crap - now I gotta change the name of this product I’m working on. :playful:

Eskil likes this.
  8. Rabby

Rabby Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,913
    This guy is really entertaining.

Some people walk on the bank of chaos, and that's Ok with me. He keeps one toe in the river, and lets the creative energy go almost unfiltered. He's done his part for projects that worked too.

A guy like this would be well served by friends who can nudge him in practical directions. But maybe that's not so easy. Oh well. We can settle for an endless stream of novel inventions with randomly generated utility value, right?

I like this quote:

I put a lot of money in inventions that didn’t pan out. I don’t say I ‘wasted’ it. That’s like saying you wasted money going fishing. I ‘spent’ it.
    Aaron does what Aaron wants to do. LOL. :rofl:

Kingmaker and Eskil like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.