The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tesla and Elon Musk weirdness...

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Keep in mind, Tesla was on the verge of bankruptcy a few years ago. Yet just a few weeks ago Elon Musk was listed as the 3rd richest person in the world. Make of that what you will.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Feb 11, 2017
US
Keep in mind, Tesla was on the verge of bankruptcy a few years ago. Yet just a few weeks ago Elon Musk was listed as the 3rd richest person in the world. Make of that what you will.
They went from 100k sales annually to now an annual production rate of 700k. 7x in 3 years is amazing imo while becoming profitable

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
They went from 100k sales annually to now an annual production rate of 700k. 7x in 3 years is amazing imo
True, but the fact Tesla has been so close to the edge so many times, including near going under a few years ago just that we know of is pretty worrying, and raises some serious doubts about the true status of the company. I used to think the problems were because of the difficult nature of building an electric car company, but now I'm wondering if it's because of fault's of Elon's leadership.

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Feb 11, 2017
US
True, but the fact Tesla has been so close to the edge so many times, including near going under a few years ago just that we know of is pretty worrying, and raises some serious doubts about the true status of the company. I used to think the problems were because of the difficult nature of building an electric car company, but now I'm wondering if it's because of fault's of Elon's leadership.
If anyone else other then Elon they would either be out of business or making six figure cars for eternity. You see every manufacturer other then maybe VW failing miserably. The average manufacturer lost sales was by 40% in Q2 while Tesla lost only 5%. Elon has disrupted Boeing and Lockheed in space also. Every other manufacture is worried about next quarter and their golden parachutes while he put every cent into advancing the advent of the electric car and sustainable energy and just leapfrogged everyone now they are playing catch-up

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

abcdefgh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 1, 2018
H
Elon Musk is tweeting weird shit (again). A couple examples: "Tesla stock price is too high imo", "I am selling almost all physical possessions. Will own no house."

And the market responded. TSLA is down, timing coincides with the tweets.

So what's going on? Is he high? Manipulating something? Will he kicked out of Tesla because of this? Will SEC be involved?

Thoughts?
He's having fun. That's just his personality. I'd probably do the same shit in his position.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.