The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking adderall is the fastest way to fastlane

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
hows this thread still alive i started it like 5 months ago.lol.

The thread is considered a "hot topic" so it appears in the "hot topic" section and is likely to be reborn from time to time.

So in effort to gain an advantage via a controlled substance, are you now confessing that you're a drug addict?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For those who care to investigate more...

[video=youtube;sLF-C3QErA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sLF-C3QErA4[/video]

dubaismartmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 28, 2011
Yes pharmaceutical company's are out of control... indoctrinating doctors to sell their products.

Drugs are bad and you should try a more holistic solution, the problem and not react to the sintoms...

on the other hand we have Biz Man thinking (the only I care):

theres a great oportunity speacially in the "smart drugs" segment

you have a great need. (students, professionals, ceo´s, etc. )

you have a solution (pills that can improve your mental capability)

you have here a great market opportunity, and yes there is millions if no billions being made with this equation right now :)

what Im discussing is the segment or trend "smart drugs" even if I hate the term drugs, this segment is a great entry to develop.

a13x612

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 26, 2012
WHenever I take adderall my mind goes on turbo in terms of ways to take much bigger risks and make more money quicker and not waste time on the stupid bullshit wasting my time in life. It gives you extreme positivity, euphoria, and speeds up your whole body, literally putting you in the fastlane. =) .

I'll be doing my animations and then I'll be like , wait aminute why not hire someone to do this menial shit for me, or I'll have sudden epiphanies. Only problem is once the effect is gone you go back to your old way of thinking, but at least you know theres a better way and you thought of it and you may execute it. Not saying it's good to take it every day but jsut to experiment with it and change your mindset. It makes you emotionally unreactive so you make clear cut decisions and do what needs to be done instead of following your emotions. It will make you want to follow your passion less and just focus on making money instead of needing to do both.

Anyone else experience stuff like this with drugs?

I created an account really to just respond to this.

I cannot believe you are advocating abusing prescription drugs to achieve a goal. I used to abuse adderall when I was in college...yes, it does offer enhanced focus, but its gets harder and harder to focus without the drug the more you use it. Why? because its freakin meth. You ever see breaking bad??

The fast lane preaches achievement of vast wealth in just a few years, but the side effects of taking adderall for some money just isn't worth it. Isn't one of the factors of wealth "health and vibrancy"? People, please do not get sucked into this poisonous mantra, your passion and desire to achieve your dreams should be enough. If you feel like you need a drug to help your drive, than you really aren't on the fast lane for the right reasons.

a13x612

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 26, 2012
on the other hand we have Biz Man thinking (the only I care):

theres a great oportunity speacially in the "smart drugs" segment

you have a great need. (students, professionals, ceo´s, etc. )

you have a solution (pills that can improve your mental capability)

you have here a great market opportunity, and yes there is millions if no billions being made with this equation right now

what Im discussing is the segment or trend "smart drugs" even if I hate the term drugs, this segment is a great entry to develop.

Are you seriously advocating to enter the bullshit drug industry? There are HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of other things one can do to make millions that can solve problems in a positive way, and you are pushing to exploit your fellow man? Do you also suggest one get into the blood diamond industry as well? Because that industry is as ripe as any to enter!

dubaismartmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 28, 2011
well I like to talk about biz, thats why we all here, right? :)

I will love to offer great value to students, professionals, ceo´s, etc.

there is supplements out there that provide better mental capability. And yes that segment its called "smart drugs" and its a great trend.

If one provides a great service to that need, that someone should make some living out of it :)

Thats all Im saying, I didnt even touch the word adderall, I dont want to star making bombs, weapons, or selling Do, loool

the fact its theres is a great biz oportunity in for example the students niche, for selling a supplement that services them.
If in fact it , the supplement works ;)

No one should sell something that's unhealthy or bad for the user, lets get that clear.

thanks for your post and for you to share your personal experience, welcome to the forum :)

T&R

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 19, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Make sure if you are taking that you set a timer to go off in regular intervals and force yourself to eat. It will kill your appetite.

In other thoughts, does anyone here take modafinil or provigil? It's proven the best substance to prolong working hours and stay alert? They give it to pilots in the AF that fly long missions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009

I cannot believe you are advocating abusing prescription drugs to achieve a goal. I used to abuse adderall when I was in college...yes, it does offer enhanced focus, but its gets harder and harder to focus without the drug the more you use it. Why? because its freakin meth. You ever see breaking bad??

The fast lane preaches achievement of vast wealth in just a few years, but the side effects of taking adderall for some money just isn't worth it. Isn't one of the factors of wealth "health and vibrancy"? People, please do not get sucked into this poisonous mantra, your passion and desire to achieve your dreams should be enough. If you feel like you need a drug to help your drive, than you really aren't on the fast lane for the right reasons.

I agree to a certain extent. IMO, there is nothing wrong with doing anything of the sort - unless you "need" it or else you cannot get started with your day. Everyone has vices and as long as the vices do not become necessities I see nothing wrong with it. Much like, if you wake up groggy one morning, coffee, among other things can help improve that day. Once it becomes a need though is when it is time to consider if it is worthwhile.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
I think I'm taking Russ's "job", but thought of a song that goes along well with this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/gRhPeJ3uzOc[/video]

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I have a friend who started taking it after work and he is in process of putting together high 6 figure bid from his biz... he is not sure how quickly he'd get to this point without it, working 9-5 and running your biz is brutal.

I am very interested in gluten free (and casein??) experiment, if people had success with this after x number of weeks I would love to hear about it and get some general pointers on the diet.

thanks

star22

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 3, 2012
Speaking from experience (took a lot of it last year for schoolwork) its very useful, enabling you to work 10-12 hours if you want with high productivity (just don't get sidetracked, or youll focus on being sidetracked instead lol). It is addictive and if taken enough to get high the crash can be pretty bad and even temporary depression (I went on a binge during finals week, the comedown lasted over a week and was horrible). Though I definitely think its worth the occasional use during high loads of work. It really is amazing how much you can get done on it.

xmartel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jul 22, 2008
Canada, eh!
I used to take modafinil for a short period of time about 5 years back and it was quite incredible. It doesn't give you any more energy above what you normally would have, but what it does is enable you to cut back on sleep while tricking your body into thinking you have had a full nights sleep.

Basically, I'd stay up till about 5am everyday, then go to bed for about 2 hours sleep, then up at 7am to go to work. One dose only lasted about 24 hours and so when I got up at 7 it was a challenge as I was very tired, but I'd take a pill and within a short period of time I'd feel as if I had had a full nights sleep. I was never tempted to take an afternoon nap as I was never tired until about 5am when it finally wore off and then I'd repeat. I could work Monday to Friday with full energy and only having gotten a total of 10 hours sleep the entire week.

One of the downsides with it is that your body becomes used to it and you can't go off of it for long or else it stops working. I'd read about it but never did believe it. I'd always stop on weekends and get a regular sleep and that never affected performance come Monday, but one time I took a week vacation during which I didn't use it and when I tried to start using again it had stopped working.

I've also read that while it does trick your body into thinking it's had sleep, you still haven't, and so it can be quite hard on you after awhile. That's actually the next advancement they were working on last I heard (2007), to make it so that the actual lack of sleep wasn't hard on you, because even though it doesn't feel like it, it does do harm.

I've often thought about trying it again to see if this 5 year break from it would make it work again, but I've never gotten around to it and it's quite expensive.

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
For those who care to investigate more...

[video=youtube;sLF-C3QErA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sLF-C3QErA4[/video]

"And with 374 mental disorders filling psychiatryartys diagnostic manual and more on the way, business is booming." Ugh this makes me sick.

Big thanks for this... I'm sharing it on my fb page as we speak. I was "diagnosed" with bipolar disorder and ADHD after 20 mins of talking to a doctor. I was prescribed abilify for my bipolar and adderall for ADHD. I was on abilify for about 8 months until I took myself off of it. I realized the only time I ever had "extreme mood swings" was when I was incredibly intoxicated lol. Abilify or no abilify... when I got drunk, I acted like an out of control, bratty, cry baby. I looked around and went, "Hey wait a second... when all my other fellow 21 year old female friends get drunk, they act the same way!" I stopped taking the meds and I have never felt better :) I feel in control of my life, I realized how alcohol negatively effects me and rarely drink now, (and hey guess what, I rarely act out now and rarely spend all day in bed the next day from being hungover)

However I still take the adderall :) And not because I think I have ADHD, but because I find it very usefull to help get my butt out of bed in the morning, it gives me focus and motivation to start the day. It's my "coffee" haha.

RunWithIt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2016
Canada
[QUOTE its like seeing a therapist only the therapist is yourself and the therapist gives you the exact advice you need because he knows you better than you know youself, and he knows what needs to be done to succeed and give you what you really want in life. Anyone who's taken it, tell me I'm wrong. =)
[/QUOTE]

LOL

RunWithIt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2016
Canada

So you created an account just to have your voice heard ?

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I never thought I'd consider talking to my doctor about it, but I'm now seriously considering it (edit: I just scheduled an appointment for this Friday).

But first I'd love to read about more forum member personal experiences with it.

Does anyone else have experience with Adderall or any other doctor prescribed drug to help with focus?

Last edited:

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
I'd imagine taking that fairly often leads to diminishing returns quickly. Like most other drugs.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I never thought I'd consider talking to my doctor about it, but I'm now seriously considering it (edit: I just scheduled an appointment for this Friday).

But first I'd love to read about more forum member personal experiences with it.

Does anyone else have experience with Adderall or any other doctor prescribed drug to help with focus?
Ya know, i thought about doing this too

But what is stopping me is, is the fact that I do not want to eventually have to rely on "x" (x being anything that is not needed to stay alive) to get things done or try to focus

It would be totally understandable if used occasionally like 1 time a week or so

I know that when I started reading books, my attention span/ability to focus also went up

When I stopped reading books my attention/ability to focus span went down

edit: I only read 10-20 minutes a night

Last edited:

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Ya know, i thought about doing this too

But what is stopping me is, is the fact that I do not want to eventually have to rely on "x" (x being anything that is not needed to stay alive) to get things done or try to focus

It would be totally understandable if used occasionally like 1 time a week or so

I know that when I started reading books, my attention span/ability to focus also went up

When I stopped reading books my attention/ability to focus span went down

I don't want to reply on "X" either. So I cancelled my appointment. I'm going to take the "natural" and simple things (nutrition, exercise, sleep, meditation, etc) more seriously now because I was literally as close as I've ever been to getting an Adderall prescription. Thanks for responding man. :)

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
The side effects of Adderall are not appealing at all and whenever I'm on the drug, sitting down isn't what I want to be doing. I want to be dancing and doing other things that are normally not business related. Not to mention it's highly addictive. I would recommend people try phenylpiracetam, piracetam or modafinil — all of which are Nootropics. They have less of a potential to be physically addictive... AND... they're legal. No prescription required.

Rudynate

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 3, 2016
San Francisco, CA
I've been dx'd with ADD and have tried most of the drugs; hated every one, with the possible exception of ritalin. I do way better by providing myself structure and accountability.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
The side effects of Adderall are not appealing at all and whenever I'm on the drug, sitting down isn't what I want to be doing. I want to be dancing and doing other things that are normally not business related. Not to mention it's highly addictive. I would recommend people try phenylpiracetam, piracetam or modafinil — all of which are Nootropics. They have less of a potential to be physically addictive... AND... they're legal. No prescription required.
Pretty sure you need a rx for Modafinil at least.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My husband gave me one a few months ago because he thought it would make me less stressed and more focused. Ended up at the urgent care clinic because it's also a stimulant, which he didn't know, and I do bad with those (and energy drinks) because my heart beats faster than normal by default.
He takes it every once in a while when he has to study, so do their friends... I don't completely approve of it, but he's a grown up and he uses responsibly.

What I learn: Besides feeling bad with myself that I accepted medication that was not intended for me by a knowledgeable doctor I kinda also felt bad about accepting a short cut. Might as well start making myself vomit to lose weight instead of eating well and exercise regularly.

With this I don't intend to accuse anyone of doing this, this is only how I felt about it. Maybe it's worth looking at the root of the problem. Focus, I understand, is just like a muscle. You build it. People who meditate swear by this. Same with reading, I swear by that. Read one chapter a night and you will be reading entire books soon. So, why are you day dreaming? is it because you hate you day job? Maybe we should look into that and make an action plan to bring change.

Another thing worth nothing and somebody mentioned is that America is very medicated. Pills for anxiety, pills for lack of focus, pills for this, pills for that. At home in Argentina it is not so much like that. Might sound pretty rigid but when I was a kid, I used to go to piano lessons. They were fun but the practice at home part, just like school homework, wasn't fun. It was my mother holding me accountable and make me practice for 30 min or an hour a day (whatever you could reasonably expect from a kid at a certain age) and making me do homework right after I got home that got me through school. That is discipline. It taught me that we all have to do things we might want to skip, or feel lazy about, but it's part of life and well, if you want the event you need the process. I wasn't gonna be playing concerts if I didn't practice. Do you want to get the event but can't deal with grinding the process? That's not ADHD. That's lack of discipline/will power/habit making. When you are a kid, it rests on your parents to teach you what discipline is and hold you accountable so you can learn that process brings results. When you are an adult, it rests on YOU to be disciplined, but without that foundation it just takes a bit more effort. But it's not impossible! I don't mean to bring up a comparison to prove a method is better than other but by looking at the differences we might find things we can learn from. I think both things relate to each other.

Sorry for the wall of text :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.