Jakub_koru
New Contributor
Everyone spends time trying to become someone else without understanding that you can only become the second best at that. Those folks read and watch a lot about their idols—whether it’s an athlete like the late Kobe Bryant or a business mogul like Elon Musk—and they assimilate everything there is to know about them without questioning whether what they read is even remotely applicable to them.
I say this to say that there is a difference between trying to be someone else without knowing how and taking the best parts of someone else's way of thinking and using them in yourself. I'm at the point where I know myself well enough to know that I need to get better in a lot of ways. That’s why I’m here, to ask for advice on consciously altering your beliefs, becoming aware of your biases, and changing the bullshit that I’m selling myself (where are the real ones at eh?)
For the first time, what I read in Unscripted made me stop and think; I paid attention to the three b's. Nevertheless, I find it hard to adapt. Although it is effective, I am aware that I am capable of more. If you've managed to shift your perspective or paradigm, please explain how you accomplished it. Does anybody have any advice or anecdotes to share?
I say this to say that there is a difference between trying to be someone else without knowing how and taking the best parts of someone else's way of thinking and using them in yourself. I'm at the point where I know myself well enough to know that I need to get better in a lot of ways. That’s why I’m here, to ask for advice on consciously altering your beliefs, becoming aware of your biases, and changing the bullshit that I’m selling myself (where are the real ones at eh?)
For the first time, what I read in Unscripted made me stop and think; I paid attention to the three b's. Nevertheless, I find it hard to adapt. Although it is effective, I am aware that I am capable of more. If you've managed to shift your perspective or paradigm, please explain how you accomplished it. Does anybody have any advice or anecdotes to share?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
