Howdy,
Are you working in the cloud already?
If you're not, you're missing on some big benefits. For example, I've started working in the cloud a few days ago.
I've built a complete suite around Google and MindMeister and I'm more productive than ever.
There's no more Office ... no more Thunderbird ... no more "where I've put that file" moments.
Instead, I have one central hub around Google and several tools to help me get stuff done.
Here's what I'm using:
-> Google.com for general purposes.
-> Google Docs for document editing / sharing and commenting (the sharing and commenting feature makes it more valuable for me than Microsoft Office).
-> MindMeister for mind-mapping $5.99/month.
-> Google Bookmarks for saving lists of websites (especially useful when I research).
-> Google URL Shortener - does exactly what you think - useful for sending URLs in emails or on Twitter.
-> Google Reader for reading my favorite websites daily (lifehacker.org and zenhabits.com)
-> Picassa for inserting photos into documents directly, sharing and organizing (this is gold).
-> Google Maps on my phone (I'm not using it so much)
-> Google Places for finding places to R&R after work.
-> Google Contacts as a lite contact manager. Works great for its purpose.
And finally, Google Plus. I tend to use it sometime, but it's not even bookmarked.
The advantages of working with this suite?
-> No more 100 text files around my desktop which must be organized once a week.
-> No more lost files due to misplacing / crash due to the auto-save feature of Google.
-> No more "attach file, send email, receive email, see file, edit" routine. Now I simply use the comment feature, share the file and receive instant feedback.
-> No more 100 bookmarks in my Firefox or Chrome toolbar from all the websites I want to visit again.
-> No more lost time by manually checking for new articles on my websites.
-> No more lost time by finding pictures on my computer, inserting, attaching, sending. I just share it from Picasa.
-> Also, with ScreenCapture (Chrome extension) I can directly take screenshots (similar to Evernote) and upload them to Picasa or share them directly.
-> No more lost time trying to find contacts / a phone number or a b'day in my Google Mail.
The best thing out of all? It's free. With the exception of Mind Meister, everything else it's free.
Razvan
Are you working in the cloud already?
If you're not, you're missing on some big benefits. For example, I've started working in the cloud a few days ago.
I've built a complete suite around Google and MindMeister and I'm more productive than ever.
There's no more Office ... no more Thunderbird ... no more "where I've put that file" moments.
Instead, I have one central hub around Google and several tools to help me get stuff done.
Here's what I'm using:
-> Google.com for general purposes.
-> Google Docs for document editing / sharing and commenting (the sharing and commenting feature makes it more valuable for me than Microsoft Office).
-> MindMeister for mind-mapping $5.99/month.
-> Google Bookmarks for saving lists of websites (especially useful when I research).
-> Google URL Shortener - does exactly what you think - useful for sending URLs in emails or on Twitter.
-> Google Reader for reading my favorite websites daily (lifehacker.org and zenhabits.com)
-> Picassa for inserting photos into documents directly, sharing and organizing (this is gold).
-> Google Maps on my phone (I'm not using it so much)
-> Google Places for finding places to R&R after work.
-> Google Contacts as a lite contact manager. Works great for its purpose.
And finally, Google Plus. I tend to use it sometime, but it's not even bookmarked.
The advantages of working with this suite?
-> No more 100 text files around my desktop which must be organized once a week.
-> No more lost files due to misplacing / crash due to the auto-save feature of Google.
-> No more "attach file, send email, receive email, see file, edit" routine. Now I simply use the comment feature, share the file and receive instant feedback.
-> No more 100 bookmarks in my Firefox or Chrome toolbar from all the websites I want to visit again.
-> No more lost time by manually checking for new articles on my websites.
-> No more lost time by finding pictures on my computer, inserting, attaching, sending. I just share it from Picasa.
-> Also, with ScreenCapture (Chrome extension) I can directly take screenshots (similar to Evernote) and upload them to Picasa or share them directly.
-> No more lost time trying to find contacts / a phone number or a b'day in my Google Mail.
The best thing out of all? It's free. With the exception of Mind Meister, everything else it's free.
Razvan
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
