The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Success eludes those that look for it?

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
What do you guys think of this? I have been researching successful business people and it seems that handful fall into this category. A person just lives his/her life normally without the thought of ever becoming an entrepreneur. The business idea just seems to fall to them. They just nonchalantly start a business for fun or experimentation and...time goes and they become successful. An example was some guy had a bag, everyone he saw, kept complementing it. Ends up starting a business and he becomes successful. While, I'm over here allocating all efforts to become successful, it eludes me. It kind of drives me nuts that these people didn't actually have a strong desire to become successful and just lived their lives normally. Discuss.

EDIT: Not talking about cat example either

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There's no formula. MJ's CENTS commandments are about as close as you can get to a roadmap.

The reason you are researching successful business people is you are hoping to discover a pattern. There are a million different paths. There's no set pattern.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
What do you think your chances are at building wealth if you are passive about it, hoping a great idea just falls on you, versus actively pursuing your road to wealth with relentless perseverance?

Stories like this always omit the PROCESS it takes from having an "accidental" product to creating a real business around it.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Seems to me that you spend a lot of time thinking in circles about shit that does not mean anything. Your post asks us to discuss this. There is nothing here to discuss.

Time spent on this forum can be productive. It can also be counter-productive.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
No one accidentally becomes successful BUT lots of people market themselves with a "it just happen" story. Its more romantic, you get more press and it makes you more likable.

"Oh I just loved cats and everyone kept saying my cute homemade cat clothes were so cool so I started making them for friends and now I have 20 stores nationwide!!! I can't believe it." :shy::shy::shy:

Versus

"I seen a huge gap in this market, know that cat people have massive disposable income, used viral marketing and leveraged my business to the max to scale for profitability. I don't even own a cat, they smell terrible." :tiphat:

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I believe some people are just naturally better at business , some people don't need to read books and study to understand how it works . Just like how some people a just naturally better at singing . It's a talent that comes more easily for some people as Gary Vee says

Drewskay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 11, 2016
Atlanta
I'm not super successful yet. I'm still working a slow lane job, but I've found one thing that's helped me not feel overwhelmed with trying to find a successful business idea is being helpful to others. Seriously just always be on the lookout for ways you can help someone. If someone has a problem, no matter how small, see if you can solve it for them. I think that once you open your mind to all the problems people face and not just the ones you think you can cash in on you start to become more aware of opportunities. Like I said I haven't made it yet. Just my two cents. Also give this post a read he explains this way better than I do.
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-years-of-frustration-it-worked-for-me.63673/

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What do you guys think of this? I have been researching successful business people and it seems that handful fall into this category. A person just lives his/her life normally without the thought of ever becoming an entrepreneur. The business idea just seems to fall to them. They just nonchalantly start a business for fun or experimentation and...time goes and they become successful. An example was some guy had a bag, everyone he saw, kept complementing it. Ends up starting a business and he becomes successful. While, I'm over here allocating all efforts to become successful, it eludes me. It kind of drives me nuts that these people didn't actually have a strong desire to become successful and just lived their lives normally. Discuss.

Most success stories paint the picture of the fairytale illusion of things magically falling into place.

While his "business idea" phase may have came naturally on the outside, the process of building his business may have been a struggle for him (Which he didn't talk about publicly). For you, you are here on this forum and you understand business - sales, marketing, etc... so the stages he struggled through may come more naturally to you.

The most rewarding part of being at the top of a mountain is the feeling of accomplishment of what it took to get up there.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
A person just lives his/her life normally without the thought of ever becoming an entrepreneur.

What's normal for one person may not be normal for another, right?

What if, some of these people you've researched, just have a giving attitude? Then, out of the BILLIONS on this earth, a small fraction of them will happen to fill a market inefficiency. But all they were doing is just following their normal routine.

Try this:

Go up to any self-made millionaire, and ask them to tell you about their business...

Will they say, I don't know anything about it, or will they be able to talk about it for hours on end?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

You know about the bag guy because his story is rare and was reported.
You don't know or care about the hundreds of millions that are not business successes.
Someone wins the lotto every other day too, now that's luck!
Look at the big picture and realize we're all tiny beings in the grand scheme of things.
The real difference between a homeless bum and a billionaire is life experience.
Success may elude you for years but when you finally get there, you'll be that much wiser for it.
The point is that it's pointless to drive yourself nuts over it.
Focus on your own path.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.