The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stop using fairy dust as your validation

A post of a ranting nature...

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
The most common thing I see in any entrepreneurship community is:

"Create a landing page and get signups"

Like this is some form of validation.

Any half decent marketer should be able to create a landing page with a magic product that attracts people to signup.

Give me any niche and any idea I'll get you signups.

This isn't validation. This is self masturbation.

Unless you're getting pre-orders with actual cash, it's not validation. Generally pre-orders also only work with physical products that you have a prototype of at the very least.

Conclusion: If you're creating a landing page to get signups, make sure it's for the right reason. Building up a list of people to launch your product to.

Oh yeah and the same with interviews
When I built my (now successful) saas business, I interviewed my customers and they all said they didn't need it or want it. I continued forward because I had the domain experience and knew the value it would bring without a doubt once it was built.

Use interviews to get domain experience or identify a problem that they're having. Not to validate your imaginary product that they will without a doubt see differently than you're explaining to them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.