• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Still in the process...

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Leizer, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Leizer

Leizer New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $27
    Hello everyone,
    I was actually referred by @Eskil and he encouraged me to join this forum. As i'm in the middle of reading the TMF I see I'm in the right place so thank you to @MJ DeMarco for having this forum

I'm a 34 year old originally from Italy, and live in phoenix Arizona. Since i come from a religious Jewish family, my education was vast but nothing to do with regular college or business degrees or experiences. We have a very strict system that pretty much prepares you for being a Rabbi and until I got married at age of 24 I couldn't really focus on the "Making a leaving part" After I got married i went to lots of the regular jobs someone with no degrees or particular skills can afford. I was a Teacher helper a salesman at B&H photo video in Manhattan, Once I moved to Phoenix it got even worse. A bunch of commission based sales jobs, And Uber driver as well.
    BUT!! I always liked to create things, I kept on looking on things and tried to thinkhow I can make them better? My problem was, that I didn't know where to go how to... I remember when I was still in NY I went to InventHelp and I was about to give them all of my savings and thank G-D I searched them first and saw they had left many aspiring inventors with shattered dreams and 10k less.
    It's important to take yourself seriously What I mean is that I had to repeat to myself YES, you are an inventor and even though you don't really have something to show for it but keep on it and you will keep your chances alive to have the event you dreamed of.

Finally 3 years ago I contacted a small design company located in Mesa and started a project. My first time that i took the plunge and went for it. It's a physical product and I still don't have an actual business yet. I hit some bumps and road-blocks along the way but I'm driving.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    lowtek, Bekit, Sheens and 1 other person like this.
  2. NMdad

NMdad Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,728
    Welcome to the tribe!

For inventing a product, there are generally 2 routes:
    • licensing it to someone else
    • doing everything yourself (i.e., manufacturing, marketing, sales, distribution, etc.)
    Obviously, licensing it to someone else violates the commandment of control, but might be easier, less expensive, and less time-intensive than doing everything yourself.

For the licensing route, you can read Stephen Keys's book "One Simple Idea". He breaks down the licensing process pretty clearly.

For the do-it-yourself route, you can check out this thread:
    A related do-it-yourself route is to license something from someone else. @Vigilante has done a bunch of these deals. Here's a relevant thread:

Vigilante likes this.
  3. Leizer

Leizer New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $27

4. Leizer

Leizer New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $27
    Thank you very much!

I will definitely check out the Gold thread and perhaps the book is good to have.

Thruthfully, I'm kind of open to any route, but so far i'm doing it all. At this moment I actually just gave the green light just last week for tooling.

Wasn't all smooth though. I had a Kickstarter campaign that wasn't successful ( @Eskil helped me with a few things there and he did a good job but it still wasn't successful).
    I had to pivot to presented as an outdoor pairing knife, something you take to your picnics, family outdoor adventures etc..
    You can actually see what I'm talking about at safecutknife.com (I hope it's ok to show websites here since I'm not trying to sell anything).
    I still need to change the website but you can get an idea of what it is.

All the best!

5. Eskil

Eskil Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $51,286
    Very glad to see you joined the forum @Leizer !

I still think your SafeCutKnife still has really good potential, so I hope you don't give up on that one just yet. May I suggest that you create a progress thread, where you can keep yourself accountable, share your journey, but also get tips and feedback from others following you along ;)

Leizer likes this.
  6. Leizer

Leizer New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $27
    Thank you for the encouragement, that is a great idea. So just start a new thread and i would update the same thread? (Sorry, it's my first forum experience)

Eskil likes this.
  7. Eskil

Eskil Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $51,286
    Yes. I suggest adding "[PROGRESS]" at the beginning of the thread title.

8. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,378

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.