The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting an app development business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

gandalf113

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 28, 2022
I'm thinking of starting a mobile/web app development business or a software house. Software development is my main field of expertise and I want to leverage that. Initially, I want to focus on developing MVPs (Minimal Viable Products) for startups that have a relatively low budget (<10k).

How would you go about finding clients for such a business?
In the past, I landed two freelance projects, both through personal connections, but I think the well's run dry.

Do you have experience running that type of business? How can I compete with already well-established brands? Should I target worldwide markets, or rather start locally (Poland)?

Please share your thoughts :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
I'm thinking of starting a mobile/web app development business or a software house. Software development is my main field of expertise and I want to leverage that. Initially, I want to focus on developing MVPs (Minimal Viable Products) for startups that have a relatively low budget (<10k).

How would you go about finding clients for such a business?
In the past, I landed two freelance projects, both through personal connections, but I think the well's run dry.

Do you have experience running that type of business? How can I compete with already well-established brands? Should I target worldwide markets, or rather start locally (Poland)?

Please share your thoughts :)
There are many options for MVC , starting from no code and low code services passing to many freelance projects.
I would create one as example to demonstrate what you are capable to do, then you will need to market your business.
Building a serious SaaS app require many business and technical skills, not sure you have them all, but building MVP could be simpler since the focus on the technical side of the SaaS.
Read my posts as I am already building a SaaS but on slow pace since I am not 100% available for this project.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.