The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Spiralling downward toward disaster...

Shonit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Feb 23, 2016
Hey guys my name is Shonit and I'm from India .I have been reading through the posts on and off for over a year now .

You are about to hear my continuous plunge toward darkness.Yes , a corridor leading me forever down the path of misery and pain .

I am right now in deep depression as I write this . Although I come from a rich family , I want to stand on my own legs . Indian society strongly encourages "slowlane" as the path to achieve success in life .

It all started when I attended my college . Attending classes was the most draining thing of my life .I would skip the lectures ,and engage myself in the evenings of alcohols downpours or sporting events .

My girl-friend cheated on me and left me broken hearted

And that is when

My friend introduced me to rsd nation and Anthony robins . I soon embarked on a trip to pick up girls and improving my social skills .As a result of this lifestyle , I completely ignored my college studies . I was doing bachelors in mechanical engineering . Thanks to my iq , I was able to get through the finals with ease .Subjects like heat transfer and strength of materials were a walk in the park for me .

I had this deep feeling inside me that I was not living up to my full potential , although I was getting laid like crazy .I did not have any kind of future planned . I was always living in the now (I read the power of now for this ) . I did not have a plan for anything further than the two weeks.

And that is when 'the millionaire fastlane ' happened .
My wingman recommended this book , and I immediately bought it . The book resonated with my beliefs about life ,and taking control of it .

After reading it , I launched a start-up . We were providing mechanic services door to door . I bootstrapped this whole venture . We used everything from direct response marketing to digital marketing , but the venture soon failed .I ran out of budget to fund my marketing campaigns .The word of mouth was too slow to spread to ensure the survival of my venture .I soon ran out of funding and was forced to give up.

2nd venture :

I started something similar to mr fox in this forum.
I would call the businesses running shitty advertising campaigns ,and make better ads for them . Thank you sinister lex sir .It is very easy here in India to make a cold call and set up the appointment based on hammering on the need .

People here don't even know about freelance stuff ,at least in northern India . I had to explain copywriting to handful of businesses lol.

So , I kept making ads for these small businesses ,and made a lot of money ,but not enough to challenge my depression .

This is what I struggle with -

My relatives and my friends are successful slowlaners with promising
Job careers .

influence is inevitable when you meet people . These people suck the energy out of me to the point that I get immobilised to do anything .

I am bombarded with the thoughts like these

1. You suck man .
2. You may have intelligence ,but you don't have the skills to Succeed in life .
3. The best years of my life are going to pass me by ,and I won't be able to do anything about it .

Yes , I need to stop seeking validation from these people .When you are alone , it becomes really difficult to counter the constant slowlane bombardment.

This is what I have to face with on a daily basis -
I get to listen to one slowlane successful story every day .

I struggle like hell 24-7 and my slowlane friends get ahead of me with even 0.5% of effort .

They laugh their a$$ off behind my back .

Recently , my sister got into number 1 business school of India . She made fun of me in front of her friends about me failing at businesses all the time and having a shitty life .

This is where my depression started .It feels as if My siblings , my friends ,and all my relatives are against me as if they don't want me to succeed .

I am currently making money from airbnb and my marketing business to keep my dreams alive .
I want to make a positive impact on human civilisation like Elon musk .

I thank you for reading this long post . Special thanks to MJ DeMarco and his spartans for this awesome forum .

Please forgive me , if I offended anyone or bragged about anything . I am reaching out with a hand on the bottom of my heart.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Hey guys my name is Shonit and I'm from India .I have been reading through the posts on and off for over a year now .

You are about to hear my continuous plunge toward darkness.Yes , a corridor leading me forever down the path of misery and pain .

I am right now in deep depression as I write this . Although I come from a rich family , I want to stand on my own legs . Indian society strongly encourages "slowlane" as the path to achieve success in life .

It all started when I attended my college . Attending classes was the most draining thing of my life .I would skip the lectures ,and engage myself in the evenings of alcohols downpours or sporting events .

And that is when

My friend introduced me to rsd nation and Anthony robins . I soon embarked on a trip to pick up girls and improving my social skills .As a result of this lifestyle , I completely ignored my college studies . I was doing bachelors in mechanical engineering . Thanks to my iq , I was able to get through the finals with ease .Subjects like heat transfer and strength of materials were a walk in the park for me .

I had this deep feeling inside me that I was not living up to my full potential , although I was getting laid like crazy .I did not have any kind of future planned . I was always living in the now (I read the power of now for this ) . I did not have a plan for anything further than the two weeks.

My wingman recommended this book , and I immediately bought it . The book resonated with my beliefs about life ,and taking control of it .

After reading it , I launched a start-up . We were providing mechanic services door to door . I bootstrapped this whole venture . We used everything from direct response marketing to digital marketing , but the venture soon failed .I ran out of budget to fund my marketing campaigns .The word of mouth was too slow to spread to ensure the survival of my venture .I soon ran out of funding and was forced to give up.

2nd venture :

I would call the businesses running shitty advertising campaigns ,and make better ads for them . Thank you sinister lex sir .It is very easy here in India to make a cold call and set up the appointment based on hammering on the need .

People here don't even know about freelance stuff ,at least in northern India . I had to explain copywriting to handful of businesses lol.

So , I kept making ads for these small businesses ,and made a lot of money ,but not enough to challenge my depression .

Job careers .

influence is inevitable when you meet people . These people suck the energy out of me to the point that I get immobilised to do anything .

1. You suck man .
2. You may have intelligence ,but you don't have the skills to Succeed in life .
3. The best years of my life are going to pass me by ,and I won't be able to do anything about it .

Yes , I need to stop seeking validation from these people .When you are alone , it becomes really difficult to counter the constant slowlane bombardment.

I struggle like hell 24-7 and my slowlane friends get ahead of me with even 0.5% of effort .

Recently , my sister got into number 1 business school of India . She made fun of me in front of her friends about me failing at businesses all the time and having a shitty life .

This is where my depression started .It feels as if My siblings , my friends ,and all my relatives are against me as if they don't want me to succeed .

I am currently making money from airbnb and my marketing business to keep my dreams alive .

I thank you for reading this long post . Special thanks to MJ DeMarco and his spartans for this awesome forum .

Please forgive me , if I offended anyone or bragged about anything . I am reaching out with a hand on the bottom of my heart.

Thank you.

First of all, stop crying.

You think you're in a bad situation?

Go to the hospital & tell the 5 year old children with cancer that your life is so hard.

You have to accept yourself, your past and reflect your situation to get out there.

It really seems like you live in the past even though you wrote you live in the "moment".

Did you read TMF ?

MJ said something like "with 26 years old everybody bought cool stuff, married and seemed to live a successful life."

But an entrepreneurs life and finances will most likely expand later.

DW

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Not trying to be a downer, but you might have to consider that people are hazing you because they've been watching you spend your time partying. It will take a while to get rid of that image with friends/family, and even then, there will always be doubters. Keep working. That's the best antidote to feeling down.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am not a fastlaner.... yet, so I don't have any advice for you in that respect, but I do have some experience with self doubt and depression. Whenever I get those feelings creeping back up, I always remember these 2 things:

1) Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to what happens
2) You cannot control others... what they say, do or how they act. You can only control yourself; your response, your actions.

I find that this helps put things in perspective and gets me back on track.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Welcome!

Depression sucks. I know. Please consider seeking help. It may just be a temporary thing and talking to a professional may help.

Also, try to network locally with entrepreneurs. Hanging with people that think like you do about business will help.

What happened with the second venture that made you stop?

Go get your first badge - GOLD - I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
It all started when...

STOP.

This is where I STOPPED reading because quite frankly, I don't give a shit about what happened to you in your past. I also don't care what is happening outside of you right now. I really don't, because of one reason and one reason alone...

I just picked my nose, and as I was putting my hand up to my chin to think about what to type to you right now, a bugger landed on my lips, than I drank a sip of my coffee and accidentally swallowed it. Can you imagine how that would taste!?

But that's not the reason...The reason is because...

I care about you.

I care about the experiences you do want to have in your life, and the emotions you do want to experience right now.

And you should too.

So here's what we're going to do.

We live in a cause and effect universe.

The first lesson you have to understand is that anything that happened outside of you is a result of something that has happened in the past. Learn from it, embrace it, and accept it for being there.

When I was living in college, I moved into a new apartment, and when I opened up the door, the dirtiest couch I could ever imagine was sitting in the living room. What I did was move it out to the dumpster with my roommate, and for the longest time, it was sitting there.

Every single day I looked at it, upset that it was there, and I was stuck with it.

The more I focused and got frustrated with it being there, the more I got annoyed by it.

Until one day, the garbage men brought their big truck and began to haul it away.

Guess what?

Even though my gigantic depressing problem was still in my sight, I breathed a sigh of relief because I know that it wasn't going to be there forever, and it's going to eventually fade away.

Knowing that this problem that you're staring at is already in the process of fading away means that it can still be there on the outside for now...but we're going to make a few quick adjustments on the inside...

Remember, we live in a cause & effect universe.

Something created those things in the past, and the shifts you're making now will create the positive outlook on life you want to have in the near future.

So do me a favor.

For the time being, create a clear distinction:

Your Outer Reality

There are the things that you notice outside of your life now, and there are the things that have happened in your past. Ignore them for now because they are simply a reflection of the stuff thats going on inside of your mind. Think of your brain being like a computer with out-of date mental processes. They've been running inefficiently for a while, so it's time for a tune-up.

Your Inner Reality

Now, shift all of your focus from the outside into your inner world. I spent three months last year traveling the world. One night, it was close-to freezing out, all my belongings were scattered across the street by an angry an I was staying with who lost his temper, my cell phone service cut out, and my bank cards were declined.

This was the happiest experience of my entire trip, and I'll tell you why in just al little bit.

When you pay attention to the inner reality, this is like reaching inside of the hardware of your computer-of-a-mind and reprogramming it so you can enjoy the things you're seeing on your computer screen, regardless of what they are.

The Cure for Happiness begins with understanding how to make a few simple and quick adjustments to your perspective on life, and I'll teach you how to do it.

But the important thing right now is to shift your focus.
  • Away from the problems in your life.
  • Away from the things that have gone wrong in your past.
  • Away from anything outside of you.
And towards your inner reality....

In the next post, I'll go into more detail about that.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Before you begin reading the rest, I want to start off with an exercise.

Look around your room and try to remember everything that is RED.

Red. Red. Red.

The purpose of this exercise is to try to remember as many things as you can that are RED. Don't write it down, but try to remember it all.

Only after you do that, continue...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
In May of 2014, I went through a training which taught me about the inner workings of our unconscious mind.

Below our logical thoughts, this is the realm which controls our behavior and our overall experiences in life. One of the first things I learned was that out of the 2,000,000 bits of information that are bombarding our senses at every give moment, we only consciously take in 150 of those bits.

What you are noticing in your life is only 0.000075% of what's actually already around you.

Remember the last exercise? Without looking up from your computer, how many things do you remember seeing which were green? Or purple?

You see, because you were so focused on seeing RED, you didn't notice all the wonderful green things which are already here.

They call this the Reticular Activating System (RAS).

The RAS is the part of your brain which automatically and effortlessly brings things into your awareness.

When you focus all of your time focusing on the problems in your life, the negative thoughts, or the things you don't want; over time this will build up so you unconsciously and automatically notice more and more of these things, drowning out all of the other things that are there.

What you focus on is only 0.000075% of what's already here.

When you continue to focus on the things you don't want, you will continue to train your brain to bring up thoughts which you don't want to experience. The is because the RAS can't process a negative.
  • "I don't want to be broke."
  • "I don't want to be lonely."
  • "I don't want to crave these potato chips."
You might as well cross the world don't off of your list because the important part of your brain isn't listening to it.

Shifting your focus from the negative to the positive.

During the training, the taught us a technique called the positive reframe.

Whenever something bad happens to you, you force yourself to automatically think of the positive. If your car breaks down, it's great news because you'll work harder and you will make more money/get that promotion from your hard work. In the long run, your car breaking down will actually lead you to making more money.

Your significant other broke up with you? Great news that you parted ways before you got married. If you're already married, its great news because this will give you time to find someone better that you can spend more of your life with.

Things like that...

Whenever you find something negative happen to you, train yourself to quickly turn it into a positive.

I went to this training of mine because I used to suffer from a very negative mindset.

Before going to this training, I was the master of the negative reframe.
  • When a potential client showed interest in working with me - The deal wasn't closed yet so they'll probably go away.
  • When I go on a date with a new girl and she's interested - I think of all the ways the relationship could go wrong in the future.
Stuff like that.

What else is important to tell you about this....

So far, we know that when you train your RAS to focus on the positive instead of the negative, the solutions instead of the problems, and the good things instead of the bad, you'll do this consciously at first and you'll have to remind yourself to do this.

But over time, your brain will get the message and it will start to do this automatically.

All of a sudden, you'll stop seeing the negative in life and you'll automatically focus on the 0.000075% of things that are positive for you.

What don't you want?

Remember before that your RAS can't process a negative?

What exactly do you want?

This.

This is what I was leading to.

When you shift your focus to the things you do want in your life, you'll begin to send a message to your brain (your RAS) to automatically and effortlessly help you spot opportunities that will get you to what you do want.

All of a sudden you may notice a newspaper headline, you might overhear a conversation, or you might notice someone is in your life who can help you get closer to whatever experiences you want to have.

All of these things are here all along, but by shifting your focus to your positive goal, you'll begin to finally notice it.

So before moving on, I know you don't want to stare at RED all day, so think about the experiences you do want to have in this life.

What is it exactly that you do want?

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Welcome to the forum!

What worked for me (in your situation):

1. Practice gratitude as much as possible
2. Stop giving a sh!t what people thought about me or my work (unless those people represent a market).

Good luck bro, let us know how it goes.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
It all started when

Ok, taking in mind that I didn't read past this, the only thing I noticed is that you had one long-a$$ post. And I can probably predict what's about to come next.
  1. There's some voice inside of your head saying all this negative shit to you.
  2. You have these thoughts about the reasons why you can't experience life the way you want to experience it.
  3. When you think of something you do want, something inside automatically blocks it out and you don't even think it's possible for you.
Do you know what the scariest part is about these voices and negative thoughts?

You actually might still think that they are a part of who you are. You might think it's you who has these things, and not something separate from you.

Let's just get creative for a second and let me paint you a visual so you can more easily understand...
  1. Imagine that there is a long dark tunnel with a white light shining at one end of it. Imagine for a moment that this white light at one end of the tunnel is you.
  2. Then throughout the tunnel, is where all of these negative thoughts and emotions reside. Think of them like filters within your brain. They aren't you, but they are something that's up in there.
  3. Finally, at the other end of the tunnel is your connection to your outside world. The things you notice outside of you and the experience you have in this life.
So there you are, with these filters in front of you which you've been looking through for a while. They are not part of you, but until I painted this picture,you might of thought they were.

So here you are, already deep down being able toe experience life the way you want to experience it,but these filters are like sludge within the tunnel which is preventing your light from shining out.

Let's get away from the light analogy since I think you can see the picture by now...

Limiting Beliefs

No, actually, we're going to still roll with the light analogy on this one.

When you were born, you were this white light with this clear tunnel with the light shining through. Have you ever seen the pure, happy smile on a baby's face? Pure happiness and loving life.

Then what happens?

Shit happens.

This baby you see has turned into a sponge. Over his or her life, people say all these things to them which hold them back. They tell the (no 5-year-old) child that they can no longer do anything they want to do and be anything they want to be. In developmental psychology, this is called the imprint period.

The beliefs and values of others are absorbed into the child, and it is in this moment where the child absorbs these things and think's it's a part of who he is.

Then, throughout it's teenage years, with these beliefs about himself still in his mind, the RAS in his brain has molded around these beliefs, and his awareness latches on to all these experiences to re-inforce these beliefs.
  • "You're not good enough."
  • "You don't have what it takes."
  • "You're not strong enough. Or attractive enough."
So here you are right now, reading this today, and you might still identify with these Limiting Beliefs, thinking that they are a part of who you truly are.

And now I pop into your life, telling you that they are nothing more than simple filters in your mind.

For the past few years of my life, I'm like that computer repairman who spend years learning how to rapidly break down those limiting beliefs and remove them. All of these negative filters can be gone in the matter of an hour or less.

Through that mental re-programming training I went to, I learned that change happens in an instant. While it takes most people time to make these changes, time doesn't matter in this instance. The part of your mind I'm talking about does not even know time is real. It only thinks about the here and now.

So how do we knock down these filters on our own?

The answer is through repetition.

So for the purpose of you reading this now, think of some type of negative thought that came into your mind. A Limiting Belief about yourself which you thought was true and has been holding you back. This belief about yourself was either installed on you by someone else, and it's not yours. Or it came during some experience in your life.

Something happened to you and this belief was formed to protect you.

If you're completely ready to get rid of this limiting thought or belief about yourself, I'll tell you how to do it. But if there's any resistance to it, don't. Because it may be serving some purpose to protect you.

Step 1 - Attach pain to the limiting belief and get ready to let it go.

The first thing you want to do is build up the pain that is attached to this belief. As you think of this belief, I want you to think of all the worst things that can happen to you if you continue to have this limiting thought. Look into your future, and really feel the pain of what this may lead to.

It's important to remember that this belief is not part of who you are, and that the change you are looking to make in fact does happen in an instant.

It may take a smoker seven years to make the decision to quit smoking. But the instant he makes that decision; happens in an instant.

For the person who smokes, it's not enough to simply think of the black lungs he has, the cancer which is forming, and the early-death with his loved ones standing over his coffin. In order to fully attach the pain to the limitation, you have to feel the emotions in the present moment.

As you think of that belief, feel the pain right now.

When you do this, you'll be ready to let go of the belief because you know it no longer serves you.

Step 2 - Remember the times where this belief is not true.

Up until now, your mind has probably remembered all of the times in your life when this belief was true. But it also forgot all the experiences that went against this belief. It's been focusing on the 0.000075% of things in your history which re-inforce this belief, tuning the rest out.

The next way to chip away at this negative thought is to start collecting memories of times in your past where this belief was not true. Every experience that went against this belief in your past. Because they are there, you just simply chose to forget them.

If you don't think you're attractive enough, search for memories when you may have noticed someone smiling at you, or being attracted to you. Rack up these memories in your conscious awareness.

Any memories that go against this belief.

Step 3 - Step into your new belief.

Go back into the memory of one of those times in the past where you had a more empowering belief:
  • A time where you made the money.
  • A time when you were good enough.
  • A time when you were attractive enough.
Step into that memory, holding this positive belief, and then feel the positive emotions that you want to feel as you now know that you have this positive belief already within you.

You simply didn't choose to find it.

November 2013 - Limiting Beliefs

This was about the time in my life where I discovered about these things called limiting beliefs.

The negative thoughts I had in the past, the limiting beliefs I had, and all these doubts I had about myself all seemed so real and part of who I was up until this point of my life.

Then I met a business mentor who told me about these filters in our mind, and how you can choose to believe what you want to believe, and you can choose to listen to these words echoing throughout your mind.

But are they empowering thoughts?

Would a person experiencing life the way you want to experience it be listening to these thoughts and still believing them?

Or would they:
  1. Focus on what they do want in life, and
  2. Assume any thought, doubt, or belief that gets in the way isn't a part of them, and they choose to look past them.
For the next few years of my life since I met that mentor, I spent a lot of my time cleaning out the filters in the tunnel which prevented my light from shining through.

All of this shit has been there for most of my life, but just like that new-born baby - we weren't born with it.

By emptying out the old, and replacing it with new, empowering beliefs, this gave me the confidence that the changes you want to make in your life are not only very possible, but they happen very quickly.

Focus on what you do want, and tune out anything that gets in the way, because it's not real.

it's just an echo in your mind.

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond
I believe your depression is the best thing that has happened to you.

Why?

It shows you have made some messed up choices a lot!

Here's what I think:

#1. Get some CONTROL over your life. You seem to care too much what people think about you
and how they see you.

#2. The power of Now didn't tell you to be "extravagant in the moment." It told you your mind
likes to dwell on the past and future thereby creating worries (just like its doing right now)
GET SOME CONTROL OVER YOUR MIND!

#3. Failure is part of the equation. Your previous ventures failed. So what? Who said it would be
easy. Try again! One thing they won't teach your sister in business school is how to handle failure.
So suck it up, smile and keep going!

#4. Yes, you live in a society where the "norm" is highly worshiped. Trying to stand out means breaking
out of the norm. What do you expect, a smile or a pat on the back? Let them howl and hate. Do what is right
but love them anyway.

#5. I can't tell you to stop gaming or having wing-men. That's your choice. But I'll say this: STOP WASTING TIME.
It's not about how many women you can sleep with. It's about how many deep and meaningful relationships
you can have. Dating is about QUALITY NOT QUANTITY!

Your life is a product of your choices, brother. If things aren't working, then you have to take a hard look at your choices.

Your depression means your mind/body/spirit are tired of the choices you've made so far. They want change!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
- Drinking will cause you to get depressed. Fact.
- Getting laid is nice but it won't help with depression either. Its just passing pleasure.
In my experience there is usually a notable drop off in mood after I have been with a lot of girls in a short period of time.

I would read the 7 habits of highly successful people. The first three habits will probably help a lot.
It sounds like you are not centered on principles but on other areas which is most likely why you feel this way.

I would cut back on the drink (to zero if you feel very depressed) and get more exercise and gym in.
Start basing your self esteem on things that are solid. There is no short cuts to this - true self esteem takes hard work.
Glad my thread helped a little.

Also I would be careful with RSD - I have met lots of young guys that have been messed up by taking their stuff too far. If you look at the reputation of most of their main guys they are probably not people you want to emulate too strong.

Shonit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Feb 23, 2016
Ok, taking in mind that I didn't read past this, the only thing I noticed is that you had one long-a$$ post. And I can probably predict what's about to come next.
  1. There's some voice inside of your head saying all this negative shit to you.
  2. You have these thoughts about the reasons why you can't experience life the way you want to experience it.
  3. When you think of something you do want, something inside automatically blocks it out and you don't even think it's possible for you.
Do you know what the scariest part is about these voices and negative thoughts?

You actually might still think that they are a part of who you are. You might think it's you who has these things, and not something separate from you.

Let's just get creative for a second and let me paint you a visual so you can more easily understand...
  1. Imagine that there is a long dark tunnel with a white light shining at one end of it. Imagine for a moment that this white light at one end of the tunnel is you.
  2. Then throughout the tunnel, is where all of these negative thoughts and emotions reside. Think of them like filters within your brain. They aren't you, but they are something that's up in there.
  3. Finally, at the other end of the tunnel is your connection to your outside world. The things you notice outside of you and the experience you have in this life.
So there you are, with these filters in front of you which you've been looking through for a while. They are not part of you, but until I painted this picture,you might of thought they were.

So here you are, already deep down being able toe experience life the way you want to experience it,but these filters are like sludge within the tunnel which is preventing your light from shining out.

Let's get away from the light analogy since I think you can see the picture by now...

Limiting Beliefs

No, actually, we're going to still roll with the light analogy on this one.

When you were born, you were this white light with this clear tunnel with the light shining through. Have you ever seen the pure, happy smile on a baby's face? Pure happiness and loving life.

Then what happens?

Shit happens.

This baby you see has turned into a sponge. Over his or her life, people say all these things to them which hold them back. They tell the (no 5-year-old) child that they can no longer do anything they want to do and be anything they want to be. In developmental psychology, this is called the imprint period.

The beliefs and values of others are absorbed into the child, and it is in this moment where the child absorbs these things and think's it's a part of who he is.

Then, throughout it's teenage years, with these beliefs about himself still in his mind, the RAS in his brain has molded around these beliefs, and his awareness latches on to all these experiences to re-inforce these beliefs.
  • "You're not good enough."
  • "You don't have what it takes."
  • "You're not strong enough. Or attractive enough."
So here you are right now, reading this today, and you might still identify with these Limiting Beliefs, thinking that they are a part of who you truly are.

And now I pop into your life, telling you that they are nothing more than simple filters in your mind.

For the past few years of my life, I'm like that computer repairman who spend years learning how to rapidly break down those limiting beliefs and remove them. All of these negative filters can be gone in the matter of an hour or less.

Through that mental re-programming training I went to, I learned that change happens in an instant. While it takes most people time to make these changes, time doesn't matter in this instance. The part of your mind I'm talking about does not even know time is real. It only thinks about the here and now.

So how do we knock down these filters on our own?

The answer is through repetition.

So for the purpose of you reading this now, think of some type of negative thought that came into your mind. A Limiting Belief about yourself which you thought was true and has been holding you back. This belief about yourself was either installed on you by someone else, and it's not yours. Or it came during some experience in your life.

Something happened to you and this belief was formed to protect you.

If you're completely ready to get rid of this limiting thought or belief about yourself, I'll tell you how to do it. But if there's any resistance to it, don't. Because it may be serving some purpose to protect you.

Step 1 - Attach pain to the limiting belief and get ready to let it go.

The first thing you want to do is build up the pain that is attached to this belief. As you think of this belief, I want you to think of all the worst things that can happen to you if you continue to have this limiting thought. Look into your future, and really feel the pain of what this may lead to.

It's important to remember that this belief is not part of who you are, and that the change you are looking to make in fact does happen in an instant.

It may take a smoker seven years to make the decision to quit smoking. But the instant he makes that decision; happens in an instant.

For the person who smokes, it's not enough to simply think of the black lungs he has, the cancer which is forming, and the early-death with his loved ones standing over his coffin. In order to fully attach the pain to the limitation, you have to feel the emotions in the present moment.

As you think of that belief, feel the pain right now.

When you do this, you'll be ready to let go of the belief because you know it no longer serves you.

Step 2 - Remember the times where this belief is not true.

Up until now, your mind has probably remembered all of the times in your life when this belief was true. But it also forgot all the experiences that went against this belief. It's been focusing on the 0.000075% of things in your history which re-inforce this belief, tuning the rest out.

The next way to chip away at this negative thought is to start collecting memories of times in your past where this belief was not true. Every experience that went against this belief in your past. Because they are there, you just simply chose to forget them.

If you don't think you're attractive enough, search for memories when you may have noticed someone smiling at you, or being attracted to you. Rack up these memories in your conscious awareness.

Any memories that go against this belief.

Step 3 - Step into your new belief.

Go back into the memory of one of those times in the past where you had a more empowering belief:
  • A time where you made the money.
  • A time when you were good enough.
  • A time when you were attractive enough.
Step into that memory, holding this positive belief, and then feel the positive emotions that you want to feel as you now know that you have this positive belief already within you.

You simply didn't choose to find it.

November 2013 - Limiting Beliefs

This was about the time in my life where I discovered about these things called limiting beliefs.

The negative thoughts I had in the past, the limiting beliefs I had, and all these doubts I had about myself all seemed so real and part of who I was up until this point of my life.

Then I met a business mentor who told me about these filters in our mind, and how you can choose to believe what you want to believe, and you can choose to listen to these words echoing throughout your mind.

But are they empowering thoughts?

Would a person experiencing life the way you want to experience it be listening to these thoughts and still believing them?

Or would they:
  1. Focus on what they do want in life, and
  2. Assume any thought, doubt, or belief that gets in the way isn't a part of them, and they choose to look past them.
For the next few years of my life since I met that mentor, I spent a lot of my time cleaning out the filters in the tunnel which prevented my light from shining through.

All of this shit has been there for most of my life, but just like that new-born baby - we weren't born with it.

By emptying out the old, and replacing it with new, empowering beliefs, this gave me the confidence that the changes you want to make in your life are not only very possible, but they happen very quickly.

Focus on what you do want, and tune out anything that gets in the way, because it's not real.

it's just an echo in your mind.
Thank you Andrew NC sir .
You have gone out of your way to help me as such length . I am eternally grateful to you .

Beliefs are what govern our life .You are right , I need to change my perspective about so many things in my life .
And everything starts with beliefs and what you focus on constantly becomes a part of your reality .
I have half read 7 habits of highly effective people . I am focusing on the circle of concern too much rather than focusing on the circle of influence .
My depression is stemming out of the fact that I am too concerned about other people perception about me . Indirectly I am seeking validation for my life choices from them . I need to give permission to myself ,and start focusing on developing a business lifestyle .

I want to thank you again for the support that you have shown . I feel inspired .

Shonit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Feb 23, 2016
- Drinking will cause you to get depressed. Fact.
- Getting laid is nice but it won't help with depression either. Its just passing pleasure.
In my experience there is usually a notable drop off in mood after I have been with a lot of girls in a short period of time.

I would read the 7 habits of highly successful people. The first three habits will probably help a lot.
It sounds like you are not centered on principles but on other areas which is most likely why you feel this way.

I would cut back on the drink (to zero if you feel very depressed) and get more exercise and gym in.
Start basing your self esteem on things that are solid. There is no short cuts to this - true self esteem takes hard work.
Glad my thread helped a little.

Also I would be careful with RSD - I have met lots of young guys that have been messed up by taking their stuff too far. If you look at the reputation of most of their main guys they are probably not people you want to emulate too strong.
Yes sir , you are right about cutting back on the drinks .
I only drink beer , but I drink them daily to deal with the depression or reducing the self-awareness .

Mr fox , do you know what bugs me the most ?
I know what I'm doing wrong but I still do it anyway . I cannot stop this . I have to stop this .

I am sorry if I come across as whining .

I thank you .

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Get your eyes off the rear view mirror man. Stop being stuck in the past.

If you're not looking ahead in life, you cannot achieve success in the future.

Also, stop drinking alcohol. That thing is not good for the mind. It's a distraction and F*cks up your concentration.

Read the book. Focus more on chapters 25 and 26. Valuable information there.

Stop letting society's mediocrity fool you. As an entrepreneur, it's ok to be different.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Indian society strongly encourages "slowlane" as the path to achieve success in life .

One more thing. I just published as a chapter in one of my books. Can you make sure I am accurate with how I describe Indian culture. I met one man from India who told me his story and I want to make sure that I publish the right information about how Indian society is about jobs/fastlane/slowlane.

Quitting Your Job

I am spoiled.

For the longest time, I had this fear standing in my way. When my business was finally producing revenue, I was still terrified to take that leap of faith and quit my job.

Despite my mentors and entrepreneur colleagues hounding me to do it, I hesitated to take that leap, despite knowing that the time spent at work was holding me back from growing my business full time.

The fear of the unknown had me standing paralyzed. If for some reason, I fail, I will have to go out and start looking for another job and be back where I was before I quit.

My parents told me they were concerned about my actions of leaving the security of my high paying job for something that is riskier, and I might go broke doing it. My day job had a no re-hire policy. So if things went bad, I couldn’t go running back to them.

It wasn’t until I met someone who has taken this leap, and failed, before I realized how spoiled I am.

The other night, I had the opportunity to meet Nishant and have him share one of his stories with me.

I will introduce him properly in a few minutes, but for now I will tell you that Nishant is from India and failed at business after taking that leap of faith.

Nishant worked in the corporate world in India and was on the verge of taking that ‘leap of faith’ into entrepreneurship full time.

There was one thing holding him back.

According to what he told me, failure in India is at a much higher level compared to failure in the United States. Apparently in India; once you leave the corporate world, no companies would take you back.

Still, facing this enormous risk, he took the leap.

Nishant jumped, failed, and no companies took him back.

On top of the employment implications of business in India, there is the social pressure. A lot of times when you quit your job in Nishant’s culture, your family stops speaking to you until they see your success. Until then, forget about it. In the decision I am forced to make, my parents thought I was about to make a poor decision, but my relationship with would stay the same.

Nishant failed at his business in India and, at times, his parents wouldn’t even speak to him.

Quit or Fight

It was tough at first, but he taught himself to fight his way through it, with the goal to meet them on the other side of his success.

Nishant applied to a college on the other side of the world, registered for a student visa in the United States, waited for it to be approved, and bought a one-way ticket on his journey into the unknown.

Shortly after arrival, he was met with a challenge.

If I failed my classes in college, I would have been put on academic probation. If Nishant failed out of college, his visa would be revoked, and he wouldn’t be allowed to stay in the country any more. This meant going back to his home country, where jobs won’t hire him, and his family might not take him back in.

In his first semester, he was half of a point away from failing out of school and getting kicked out of the country.

At this point, you either give up or you fight, and he decided to fight.

All after failing at his business, not being able to get a job in his home country, and his parents not talking to him for a while, Nishant has come on to accomplish the following:

The next semester, he performed at the top of his class with just under a 4.0 GPA.

· Nishant has served as the Chief Strategy Officer of Surya Conversions, LLC

· Has come to be a Founding Partner and CEO of 4N EcoTech LLC. A U.S. based company providing Renewable Energy & Sustainable Resources throughout the global market.

· He also serves as the Vice President of Technology for the Network of Indian Professionals of North America, consisting of over 40,000 members.

Perspective.

And here I sit, in the United States, able to get a job right away if I fail at my business. If things get really bad, my parents said I could always move back in with them to support me while I get on my feet again.

I don’t have to move halfway across the world. I don’t have to risk living on the streets. While I have no desire for any of those things to happen, the perception of ‘failure’ at my business is not so scary after hearing Nishant’s inspiring story.

He attributes the majority of his success to the lessons he learned after jumping feet-first into business, and that blew away any book knowledge or aspirations he had while dreaming about success at his comfortable corporate job many years ago.

Do you really have an excuse for taking the leap after hearing Nishant’s story?

“Failing” at your first venture might rough you up a little bit, but with the right mindset, you will find a way to get back up on your feet and keep pressing forward.

On June 11th, 2014, I put in my notice to my job that I quit, and went on to be a full-time internet entrepreneur ever since.

After you read this...
Two things I want to ask you. The first one is are the parts marked in red correct about indian culture?

The second one is when you look into the future now, if you look close enough, can you manage to see a small glimmer of light at the end of the long dark tunnel? It's this small glimmer of light which appeared to me which kept me going when things were tough.

Read the rags to riches stories on this forum and elsewhere, and that light will grow stronger, until the pathway of your future is lit.

Shonit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Feb 23, 2016
Yes sir .
The part marked in red is completely true for Indian society in general .However , it all comes down to individual circumstances .

I worked as an engineer in a multi national company (mahindra and mahindra ) in Mumbai for a year.
The life in the corporate environment here comes very close to slavery (part of the reason why I quit the job and started my first venture ).
My boss was well known for bullying people , and nothing could be done about him as he had strong contacts with HR department .If he told someone to bark , he would bark . If he asked to iron his clothes , people would do that with zero questions asked .
If you rebel , they give you the pink slip , and they don't take into account your performance or how much value you have provided to the company.
So yeah , getting a job after some time off is really tough here in India, because for every vacancy there are literally thousands of applications. It does not matter how much experience or value you can bring to the company , but if your cgpa is anything less than the cgpa of a guy waiting down the hall, you are going home without a job . Again there are exceptions .If you can influence or persuade them somehow , you might get one.

So for me , getting back on the job bandwagon is not an option.

Here is what my schedule looked like for 6days a week .

Woke up around 6 am.
Dressed up and got ready before 7am.
Office was a 2 hours commute with heavy traffic .
Worked -9am to 7pm .
Fought heavy traffic again to reach home at 9pm .
Dinner :10pm
Went to sleep at 11pm .

Sometimes my job requires me to stay extra few hours ,and yes you were not paid for that extra time .
Although this is against the law here in India , but bringing matter to the attention of HR department meant spoiling relations with them.

This went on for six days a week . The job did not suck the soul out of me , it crushed the soul completely.

Although I was making good money according to Indian standards , I did not even get the time to spend it or think about it .

After I could not take it anymore , I started working on my business . I had this idea of sending mechanics to people homes or offices to fix their car there and then .I validated this idea on Sundays . During the working days ,it was not possible to give any attention whatsoever .

I hired mechanics and opened this business up . I had to interview mechanics and meet up with the wholesale auto parts suppliers on Sundays.

I took a warehouse on rent where I would store the auto parts .

Anyway long story short , I was getting a good response ,and I quit my job . Decided to go all in . Everyone around me rediculed me on my decision . Some would do that because they cared for me ,and few envied me . I burnt all my savings on this business . ROI was less than the amount I had invested .My ROI was fully spent in mechanics salary ,and bike petrol.

To make matters worse , after 3 months of operating this venture , other auto service centres also started this service ,and they had a huge budget for marketing . I only did social media and direct response marketing .These shops completely annihilated me with their extensive marketing on every platform .
I failed and returned to my home city in north India .
Everyone laughed at me . Here is the thing in India , they don't give a shit about your struggle . You might say it is okay to ignore them , but it is not. Because wherever you go or whoever you meet they will rub this failure on your face . Failure to Indian society is inconceivable .

The only Ines who supported me were my parents. They did not ditch me or anything .My relatives were calling my parents to toughen up on me . They were telling them that you are too soft on your kid .
Although my parents ignored them ,it still affected them somehow .

My sister stopped talking to me or taking up my calls . Whenever I met her , I could see the disappointment in her face .

Just when I thought everything would be okay , my girlfriend broke up with me . She started going out with some other guy who was holding a successful banking job .

Then I went through Anthony robbins personal power 2 audio tapes . I completed the challenge and immediately started seeing improvements in my mental health . I went through rsd nation stuff ,and shifted my attention to pick up stuff.

Pick up and business have many things in common . For one , you have to unwired social conditioning.

My game got really good and I was getting laid once every month . Yes, in India pickup is very difficult .I have gone through thousands of rejection .

But this was leading me nowhere in life . Pick up could not fill the void inside me , it only made it worse .

Then last September I started my marketing company . I decided to not go for a start-up but to build assets this time .

I immediately put the ground floor of my house on rent ,and I listed first floor on air bnb . I am earning healthy stream of passive income from this . Whatever I earn ,I either spend it travelling or investing in my marketing company .

I do copywriting for local businesses and have earned decent money .

I thought this would make me feel okay ,but it did not .

Anyway man , Like mj said society's gravitational pull is mediocrity . Here in India , the gravitational pull is of a black hole .

I have read other gold threads in this forum and I feel refreshed .

I want to once again thank you Andrew nc for sharing such an inspiring story .With people like you , it is very hard to give up on life.

I am sorry for such a long post . Please excuse me thank you .

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016

That's because money, by itself, cannot buy happiness. It sounds like you've realized this already.

Money can make some happy moments for sure, but by itself it is merely a tool to be used.

My depression is stemming out of the fact that I am too concerned about other people perception about me . Indirectly I am seeking validation for my life choices from them .

You're way further along in fixing your mindset than you give yourself credit for. You've got this figured out, you just don't believe it yet. That will come with time and hard work.

With people like you , it is very hard to give up on life.

NEVER give up. Make that choice, take control of your life, and decide to take that option off the table.

"I am @Shonit and I have decided that giving up will NEVER be an option for me"

You'll be alright. Listen to @AndrewNC , read everything you can that he has written on this forum. Then take action and practice what he teaches.

Changing your mindset, changing the way your brain thinks, is all about practice. It's just like lifting weights or talking to girls, the more you work on it, the better at it you get.

Pardon my language, but our brains can be real assholes. That's just the way human brains work sometimes. But why would you listen to an a**hole?

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing about your culture. I love to learn stuff like that!

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Listen man,

I am sitting here typing this as a grown man who literally does not enough money to activated a prepaid "BlueBird American Express" credit card (aka my credit is so terrible combined with having LITERALLY under $1 to my name I have been DENIED from every single bank/credit union I have tried to open simple high risk checking account with so I simply have a way to transfer VIRTUAL money made doing even petty little task for $5 into MY ACCOUNT/TYPE OF WAY TO THEN register simply and buy food)....

What would a true hustler do? What would I do if I was homeless or had no computer an internet? What tools do I have combined with any experience/knowledge do I have to RIGHT NOW GO MAKE PHYSICAL MONEY? Sell things on Craigslist? Go collect scrap metal or pop cans? Go walking door to door offering to clean gutters, mow lawns, paint, do any odd jobs, etc.?

THIS IS REALITY! From being in a "mindset" of I'm a "victim and poor me the world gave me a hard life" along with believing the bullshit even my doctor sent me to a psychiatrist long ago who "diagnosed" me as several depressed with extreme anxiety. I've following EVERYONE ELSE'S advice/recommendation slamming down a stupid amount of pills daily that turn me into a zombie... Depression is real and anxiety is real! A chemical imbalance in your brain is hard to describe to someone how you are feeling, it's not like you can majority of people can related such as if you told them you had a "cold or your wisdom teeth pulled".

Why am I telling you all this? I am/have been in a DEEP DARK PLACE for a long long long time now which over the last few days something "CLICKED" inside my head. That is after finding/reading various things on this website along with reading the book, I realized I HAVE BEEN AVOIDING THE REALITY OF MY SITUATION AND ALL MY DEPRESSION/ANXIETY IS REAL YES BUT IT IS BECAUSE DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DOWN I KNOW THAT I AM AVOIDING WHAT I REALLY WANT/FEEL I WAS BORN TO DO IN THIS LIFE! This again might be too much information but I threw ALL THOSE PILLS AWAY and yesterday upon waking up thinking about going to the gym then coming home to take action literally caused me so much anxiety I $hit my pants... Completely disgusting not to mention I was still feeling that "OMG" feeling you experience for a split second when you almost get into a car crash during this whole time... I wanted to throw away my sheets/clothes, take a shower, call my doctor immediately to get some more medication, and then come home to "relax" aka be a zombie laying in bed or sitting around AVOIDING TAKING ACTION... What did I do?

Put all bedding and clothes in the trash, took a shower, put on gym clothes, drove my truck with expired tags I currently do not have enough money for to the gym worked out even though I felt like HELL, came home starting TAKING ACTION and messaging a member here where there came a point where I realized....

"WAIT.... I'm EXTREMELY PUMPED UP AND IN BEAST MODE GOING NUTS" having a convo with this other member sending messages like an M-16 set on fully auto while creating profiles on freelance sites, creating a to do list, registering for things I need in to use/platforms for my contuining ACTION not just yesterday but for today for tomorrow and for the rest of my life... It's something you have to FORCE your body to do, it's not easy and mentally/physically may seem impossible (crapping your pants just thinking about life is weak). My current situation, YOUR current situation, or ANYONE'S situation is a byproduct of their ACTIONS (or LACK OF actions). If you ever feel that YOU HAVE IT HARD, think about people born with a dad locked up while mom is smoking crack or think of the blind guy out there who also is paralyzed in a wheelchair with a joystick! YOU my friend are blessed to be have a computer and internet access to which soaking up all the wisdom from TRUE LEGIT GO-GETTER'S on this website plus the ability to use that computer/internet to make money with your sight and fingers working because you have all your body limbs is something to think about just as a I realized... STOP VIEWING YOURSELF AS A VICTIM BUT AS SOMEONE WHO IS LUCKY TO HAVE EVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT, THEN START TAKING ACTION EVEN IF YOU CRAP YOUR PANTS!

Welcome and another thing I have realized is that by all means it is okay to "create post or reply to post" on this website BUT as I said there are some TRUE GO GETTER'S here who have made millions (and other's who might not yet but they will be) so read then re-read post. The wisdom/knowledge you gain from here IMO being brand new is not from posting away daily about rants/trying to ask others for approval on your idea's... YOU are surrounded by people who have the MINDSET to help you change into who YOU want to be which some of the best advice I've read on this site I've seen thus far was in 1-2 sentences or less. True wisdom and reality that I am guilty of wanting to over post when I realize sometimes it's better to sit back read/re-read soak up the advice as it may take a few times of re-reading or a few days for a simple thing to sink in from these people who have down what YOU AND I are trying to do regarding mindset.

Shonit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Feb 23, 2016
Thank you sir for your words of encouragement .

I have started working on my mindset .

The exercise posted above by @AndrewNC sparked something inside of my brain . I was focusing too much on the red ( negative things ) , which unabled me to see the green (positive things ).

Now I'm embarking on a journey to destroy my limiting beliefs .
I have associated massive pain to living with the old beliefs .
Also , I have to look for evidence in my memories to back my new beliefs, because brain cannot be fooled .
It looks for evidence for whatever story you are telling yourself .

I start with meditation , then I install the beliefs that I want to take on .
As you said above , it is like lifting weights .

Anyway , I want to thank you all for taking the time to inspire me to have a new outlook on life .

FreedomforEarl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 23, 2017
USA
Yes sir .
The part marked in red is completely true for Indian society in general .However , it all comes down to individual circumstances .

I worked as an engineer in a multi national company (mahindra and mahindra ) in Mumbai for a year.
The life in the corporate environment here comes very close to slavery (part of the reason why I quit the job and started my first venture ).
My boss was well known for bullying people , and nothing could be done about him as he had strong contacts with HR department .If he told someone to bark , he would bark . If he asked to iron his clothes , people would do that with zero questions asked .
If you rebel , they give you the pink slip , and they don't take into account your performance or how much value you have provided to the company.
So yeah , getting a job after some time off is really tough here in India, because for every vacancy there are literally thousands of applications. It does not matter how much experience or value you can bring to the company , but if your cgpa is anything less than the cgpa of a guy waiting down the hall, you are going home without a job . Again there are exceptions .If you can influence or persuade them somehow , you might get one.

So for me , getting back on the job bandwagon is not an option.

Here is what my schedule looked like for 6days a week .

Woke up around 6 am.
Dressed up and got ready before 7am.
Office was a 2 hours commute with heavy traffic .
Worked -9am to 7pm .
Fought heavy traffic again to reach home at 9pm .
Dinner :10pm
Went to sleep at 11pm .

Sometimes my job requires me to stay extra few hours ,and yes you were not paid for that extra time .
Although this is against the law here in India , but bringing matter to the attention of HR department meant spoiling relations with them.

This went on for six days a week . The job did not suck the soul out of me , it crushed the soul completely.

Although I was making good money according to Indian standards , I did not even get the time to spend it or think about it .

After I could not take it anymore , I started working on my business . I had this idea of sending mechanics to people homes or offices to fix their car there and then .I validated this idea on Sundays . During the working days ,it was not possible to give any attention whatsoever .

I hired mechanics and opened this business up . I had to interview mechanics and meet up with the wholesale auto parts suppliers on Sundays.

I took a warehouse on rent where I would store the auto parts .

Anyway long story short , I was getting a good response ,and I quit my job . Decided to go all in . Everyone around me rediculed me on my decision . Some would do that because they cared for me ,and few envied me . I burnt all my savings on this business . ROI was less than the amount I had invested .My ROI was fully spent in mechanics salary ,and bike petrol.

To make matters worse , after 3 months of operating this venture , other auto service centres also started this service ,and they had a huge budget for marketing . I only did social media and direct response marketing .These shops completely annihilated me with their extensive marketing on every platform .
I failed and returned to my home city in north India .
Everyone laughed at me . Here is the thing in India , they don't give a shit about your struggle . You might say it is okay to ignore them , but it is not. Because wherever you go or whoever you meet they will rub this failure on your face . Failure to Indian society is inconceivable .

The only Ines who supported me were my parents. They did not ditch me or anything .My relatives were calling my parents to toughen up on me . They were telling them that you are too soft on your kid .
Although my parents ignored them ,it still affected them somehow .

My sister stopped talking to me or taking up my calls . Whenever I met her , I could see the disappointment in her face .

Just when I thought everything would be okay , my girlfriend broke up with me . She started going out with some other guy who was holding a successful banking job .

Then I went through Anthony robbins personal power 2 audio tapes . I completed the challenge and immediately started seeing improvements in my mental health . I went through rsd nation stuff ,and shifted my attention to pick up stuff.

Pick up and business have many things in common . For one , you have to unwired social conditioning.

My game got really good and I was getting laid once every month . Yes, in India pickup is very difficult .I have gone through thousands of rejection .

But this was leading me nowhere in life . Pick up could not fill the void inside me , it only made it worse .

Then last September I started my marketing company . I decided to not go for a start-up but to build assets this time .

I immediately put the ground floor of my house on rent ,and I listed first floor on air bnb . I am earning healthy stream of passive income from this . Whatever I earn ,I either spend it travelling or investing in my marketing company .

I do copywriting for local businesses and have earned decent money .

Anyway man , Like mj said society's gravitational pull is mediocrity . Here in India , the gravitational pull is of a black hole .

I have read other gold threads in this forum and I feel refreshed .

I want to once again thank you Andrew nc for sharing such an inspiring story .With people like you , it is very hard to give up on life.

I am sorry for such a long post . Please excuse me thank you .
My brother, you are in India and I am willing to work with you to buy and sell items here in the USA. I used to buy Stingray Skins from Chennai
my skype name is williams2503 . Keep your head up and never give up

FreedomforEarl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 23, 2017
USA
Listen man,

I am sitting here typing this as a grown man who literally does not enough money to activated a prepaid "BlueBird American Express" credit card (aka my credit is so terrible combined with having LITERALLY under $1 to my name I have been DENIED from every single bank/credit union I have tried to open simple high risk checking account with so I simply have a way to transfer VIRTUAL money made doing even petty little task for $5 into MY ACCOUNT/TYPE OF WAY TO THEN register simply and buy food)....

What would a true hustler do? What would I do if I was homeless or had no computer an internet? What tools do I have combined with any experience/knowledge do I have to RIGHT NOW GO MAKE PHYSICAL MONEY? Sell things on Craigslist? Go collect scrap metal or pop cans? Go walking door to door offering to clean gutters, mow lawns, paint, do any odd jobs, etc.?

THIS IS REALITY! From being in a "mindset" of I'm a "victim and poor me the world gave me a hard life" along with believing the bullshit even my doctor sent me to a psychiatrist long ago who "diagnosed" me as several depressed with extreme anxiety. I've following EVERYONE ELSE'S advice/recommendation slamming down a stupid amount of pills daily that turn me into a zombie... Depression is real and anxiety is real! A chemical imbalance in your brain is hard to describe to someone how you are feeling, it's not like you can majority of people can related such as if you told them you had a "cold or your wisdom teeth pulled".

Why am I telling you all this? I am/have been in a DEEP DARK PLACE for a long long long time now which over the last few days something "CLICKED" inside my head. That is after finding/reading various things on this website along with reading the book, I realized I HAVE BEEN AVOIDING THE REALITY OF MY SITUATION AND ALL MY DEPRESSION/ANXIETY IS REAL YES BUT IT IS BECAUSE DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DOWN I KNOW THAT I AM AVOIDING WHAT I REALLY WANT/FEEL I WAS BORN TO DO IN THIS LIFE! This again might be too much information but I threw ALL THOSE PILLS AWAY and yesterday upon waking up thinking about going to the gym then coming home to take action literally caused me so much anxiety I $hit my pants... Completely disgusting not to mention I was still feeling that "OMG" feeling you experience for a split second when you almost get into a car crash during this whole time... I wanted to throw away my sheets/clothes, take a shower, call my doctor immediately to get some more medication, and then come home to "relax" aka be a zombie laying in bed or sitting around AVOIDING TAKING ACTION... What did I do?

Put all bedding and clothes in the trash, took a shower, put on gym clothes, drove my truck with expired tags I currently do not have enough money for to the gym worked out even though I felt like HELL, came home starting TAKING ACTION and messaging a member here where there came a point where I realized....

"WAIT.... I'm EXTREMELY PUMPED UP AND IN BEAST MODE GOING NUTS" having a convo with this other member sending messages like an M-16 set on fully auto while creating profiles on freelance sites, creating a to do list, registering for things I need in to use/platforms for my contuining ACTION not just yesterday but for today for tomorrow and for the rest of my life... It's something you have to FORCE your body to do, it's not easy and mentally/physically may seem impossible (crapping your pants just thinking about life is weak). My current situation, YOUR current situation, or ANYONE'S situation is a byproduct of their ACTIONS (or LACK OF actions). If you ever feel that YOU HAVE IT HARD, think about people born with a dad locked up while mom is smoking crack or think of the blind guy out there who also is paralyzed in a wheelchair with a joystick! YOU my friend are blessed to be have a computer and internet access to which soaking up all the wisdom from TRUE LEGIT GO-GETTER'S on this website plus the ability to use that computer/internet to make money with your sight and fingers working because you have all your body limbs is something to think about just as a I realized... STOP VIEWING YOURSELF AS A VICTIM BUT AS SOMEONE WHO IS LUCKY TO HAVE EVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT, THEN START TAKING ACTION EVEN IF YOU CRAP YOUR PANTS!

Welcome and another thing I have realized is that by all means it is okay to "create post or reply to post" on this website BUT as I said there are some TRUE GO GETTER'S here who have made millions (and other's who might not yet but they will be) so read then re-read post. The wisdom/knowledge you gain from here IMO being brand new is not from posting away daily about rants/trying to ask others for approval on your idea's... YOU are surrounded by people who have the MINDSET to help you change into who YOU want to be which some of the best advice I've read on this site I've seen thus far was in 1-2 sentences or less. True wisdom and reality that I am guilty of wanting to over post when I realize sometimes it's better to sit back read/re-read soak up the advice as it may take a few times of re-reading or a few days for a simple thing to sink in from these people who have down what YOU AND I are trying to do regarding mindset.
The truth will set you free ! Has long has you have breath , Live and never give up ! When you come from nothing, you appreciate every gain in Life.
Success is in You , I feel it has I write these words , SUCCESS IS IN YOU.

grapeslane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 22, 2017
Florida

And that is when

2nd venture :

Job careers .

1. You suck man .

Thank you.

DUDE YOU CAN MAKE A IMPACT and to your family that thinks so low, YOU WORK HARD TO WHERE THEY HAVE NO CHOICE TO PRAISE YOU!! EVEN IN A STORM THE SKY BEHIND IT IS STILL BLUE YOU MADE MONEY OFF AN IDEA (I Still havent made my first dollar yet YOUR ALREADY DOING IT!) THEY HATE US CAUSE THEY AINT US!!! @Shonit I read somewhere you go out and SEEK 100 nos till you get a yes, keep moving don't slow down

-Grape

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
@Shonit I read your first post, skimmed through the rest. Here's some random pieces of advice, do what you will with it.

1> Stop calling people "Sir". You are not in college anymore. This works exactly opposite to how you think it works. Once you start calling random people "Sir" you give them the permission to treat you as inferior.

2> Get rid of the Alcohol.

3> Stop living in the past, stop this "my family mocks me" rant. No one gives a shit. IF you create a business and end up making money, these same people will be licking your boots. But it doesn't happen by dreaming about it. It happens by the next point.

4> DO THE ****ing WORK!

Work on your mindset first, find a "slowlane" to pay your bills temporarily and work on building up a fastlane business. If you can't find any better way, get on Upwork.

If you want motivation, watch Gary Vee. Nothing beats what he says about doing the WORK!

5> Focus on your day routine. Start waking up early. Try to reach a goal of 5 AM. You will have at least 3 hours then to work on your business idea before anyone disturbs you. Read Charles Duhigg's Power of Habit.

P.S. I am from India too. Kolkata to be precise... :)

Truthority

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
467%
Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Shonit, reaching out is a sign that you are willing to go beyond your own dead-end thoughts and reach out to others for help. That is good. You have also found probably the best place to do that considering your personality. Trust me, it takes one to know one. All of us here, we are similar. People think we're a little crazy. Now there has been some great advice on methods given here to empower you to take some positive steps forward. Here's something that hasn't been said yet and that might seem difficult and even counter-intuitive:

Be grateful for all the negative stuff in your life right now (or what Andrew calls the "red"). This is is so important. Really meditate on it. Just the bad stuff. Go deep. Find a way to see it beyond the superficial. Go even deeper. Make a list of ten things in your life that you hate. And then turn them all around so they become your new allies. Don't just do it once, but EVERY DAY. Make this a part of your morning routine. Do not continue your day until this is done. If you are exhausted, go to sleep. Go dark. Turn off your phone and computer. Stop jerking off and drinking and "sir":ing others like you are a F*cking slave. When you are ready to get going again, do the practice I laid about above. Gratitude for ten things you hate.

And then ask yourself this: what would my life be if those 10 things never would have existed. Again do this every day. Slowly and surely, you will find some great insights through this practice regarding who you really are as a man.

Eventually you will see that all that shit that seems like it is just in the way is actually CRUCIAL to bringing you to this point right now. You. Me. This forum. The connection between us. That feeling inside your heart, of hope. It's like there's a little bird in there singing this orgasmic tune. This is your new reality. This is your YOUniversity. You are WHOLE my friend. You are perfect in this place here and now. Be grateful for EVERYTHING that has brought you here. There lies great opportunity in that. If you just wanted a life where everything is perfect, this path wouldn't be for you. It might not get easier but you will learn to love that it doesn't get easier. You will become addicted to opportunity in problems. No longer will other people's darkness eat your light, your light will LIGHT THEM UP so they want to be around you. Start operating from THAT place. You are the executive in charge of this place.

Welcome to the future :)
We have been expecting you.

Here's a few videos that will annihilate your remaining doubts. I suggest you watch them every day as part of your success super state ritual:

Apple Steve Jobs The Crazy Ones - NEVER BEFORE AIRED 1997 - (Original Post)
Words of Wisdom from an Unexpected Citizen
Shia LaBeouf "Just Do It" Motivational Speech (Original Video)

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help you. I am grateful that you exist and reached out like this. You might feel like shit right now but trust me, it's part of the game. Learn to love it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...