The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Somebody says MJ Demarco is a fraud / scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stranger

Haha. Yes, i think he is lucky because he was born in the USA and has brains. I always surprise how many people who live in the USA asking where and how to earn. Damn, the USA is still a country where it's possible to make money fast and easy enough.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
Why does this baffle you and other people? I don't understand why people think that once you have money you don't have time for these "trivial" things. There's no time for MJ to answer phone calls or surf on the internet. That's just a waste of time compared to the other fun stuff he does all day like playing polo, riding in yachts and getting bottle service.

It BAFFLES me, because he was in no way entitled to share his knowledge with us, and create this platform to share our thoughts. For me, and I may be hailing him a little too much (not kissing a$$, I promise), MJ is the living proof that self-interest and public interest go hand in hand. Financial benefits may have been one of the motives for him to write his book, but anyone who critisizes that is in my eyes an hypocrite, as their financial status is the exact reason why they're reading his words.

The value this place added to my life REALLY can't be measured in dollars.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
It won't be deleted.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Alchemy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 20, 2012
He was born at the right time.
He was interested in cars.
He wanted to eat an ice cream at the right time
He bought an ice cream at the right time
He met the right person at the right time (the guy with the Lamborghini)
He later on chose the right job and that not because he knew that job would help him put because out of a necessity, which is where he got the idea for Limos.com.
He made the website at the right time when the internet was a new and undiscovered market and investors bumped a lot of cash in it.
He than sold it in 2000 shortly before the dotcom bubble burst.And that also allowed him to buy it back from the investors who lost alot of money on the deal. After the market recovered he sold it again shortly before the financial crisis happened.

And those are only a couple of events in which he got lucky. If one of these events, and many others, which were almost impossible to predict, wouldn´t have happened he would propably have gone bust or he would still be sitting there reading autobiographies.

Hey 16Yearoldboy

I find it hilarious that you are implying these are a bad thing. There is NO LUCK involved in noticing opportunity or capitalizing on it. It is a skill that can be developed. As far as the stuff that happened when he was growing up. It is more than just being at the right place at the right time. Sure MJ had some random guy with a lambo drop into his life for a freak encounter, but the difference is, he chose to do something about it. I guarantee that same guy with the lambo drove around a whole bunch of other people that didnt do a single thing to better their life after they saw it.

You are also implying the MJ didn't do any work to achieve his goals. Where was the luck when he was smashing his face against a computer screen at 4am trying to figure out a single line of code? In your philosophy, he was probably "lucky" to finally read the exact right book to tell him how to fix the problem. Give me a break! There is opportunity everywhere, and you will choose to either do something about it or sit in the corner and suck your thumb wondering why you are't as "lucky" as the guys who made it. My advice to you is either grow up, or keep your action-faking butt off this forum. Don't bring your cool-aid to a grown man's party.

D

DeletedUser2

i asked if it could be deleted no answers yet

someone sticking their foot in their mouth, this epically? with a huge entertaining as hell thread?

nope.
Mistakes this huge cant be deleted. they MUST Be enjoyed by thousands more, for years to come :)

Z

PS.
I'm so lucky I was born before social media. I would hate to have to live down some of my youthful stupidity, frozen in time, on the interwebs!!!
:)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
That Zen dude said:
Mistakes this huge cant be deleted. they MUST Be enjoyed by thousands more, for years to come :)

Zen, vigilante-

I like you guys. But I haven't been around much.

One of the things I did as a mod was urge caution. We were all young and foolish once-- some stayed that way longer than others.

I've always-- always-- tried to err on the side of gentleness and caution when running down someone for their own stupidity or naivete'. MJ will confirm that this is what I did.

It's fun to poke around here fast and loose, guns blazin' when you get a yahoo that thinks his sh*t don't stink.

But it's another thing altogether when you have a real newbie-- not just to these forums, but life in general-- who makes some mistakes.

If I were 16 and did this, I would run away, and never come back. I would be so embarassed that I'd prolly not revisit entrepreneurialism for quite a while.

I'd just be too scared of ridicule.

All of us have different backgrounds. For me, overcoming fear was my greatest obstacle. It took me 40 years.

We all have our skeletons in the closet (Lord knows I've got a big closet full). So I try to be accommodating and give the benefit of the doubt to all, esp those I don't know.

I'm not telling you all to change who you are.

I'm just asking you to stop for a minute, actually pretend that you're 12, or 16, and completely clueless.

This site has always been an incubator for hatching entrepreneurs.

Some of those folks have been 15. Others, 50.

If 16 year old boy turns out to be a 40 year old woman, or a 21 year old dork, who cares?

What does it cost us to give someone the benefit of a doubt?

I know you're both big boys. You won't lose any sleep whatsoever if someone pulls the wool over your eyes. Heck, you'd probably get a big kick out of it (I did, every time I'd support a troll and they'd hang themselves w/all the rope I'd given them).

Just my 20¢

:banana:

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Some of you who are B&P'ers know that I can be a bit of a wanker when it comes to teasing.

But only a few people are the victims of this jazz.

The ONLY people I tease/run down are those whom I know personally to be the real deal: 100%, first class human beings, and straight up gentlemen and ladies.

People who walk the walk. Who are doers AND dreamers.

Some of those folks:

Lighthouse, Biophase, GlobalWealth, I-used-to-be-KungFu Steve, BflBob, Jill, Red, RealOG, and Runum.

So if I've ever run you down, in a joking or kidding way, know this: I consider you the best kind of entrepreneur and a first class human being. I kid you in fun, and because I know you can take it.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I don't know how you were raised, Zen, but I was beat pretty much every day I was a kid.

Not by other kids.

So a kick in the a** was something I was very familiar with.

Kindness/gentleness, on the other hand, was something I did not see a whole lot of.

Perhaps that's why I am slow to kick.

Lots of guys I know from the streets thrive on hard stuff.

Not me.

Everyone is different.

-Russ H.

wiqo

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 30, 2013
fraud? you call this fraud? this is deciding the right thing at the right time. And the whole success thing is about this. Welcome to the world boy.

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Nicely stated general MJ!

Watch the movie 'Taken' and listen to the part when an Albanian says "Good Luck". My favorite ;). Everyone, stone that guy "Kommentator56" :cuss:

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
someone sticking their foot in their mouth, this epically? with a huge entertaining as hell thread?

nope.
Mistakes this huge cant be deleted. they MUST Be enjoyed by thousands more, for years to come

There is also another reason I don't believe it should be deleted...

To be honest I'd be pretty annoyed if it got deleted, *because* there were some valuable perspectives in this thread on perspectives on "luck" etc (around all the junk obviously, which has seemed to go even more downhill). I even spent time and thought in "contributing" something myself which I hope was of value to some.

Glad someone mentions this. I too am baffled by how much MJ posts on here!
Why does this baffle you and other people?
(I think Entourage was being ironic)

They cannot understand that it's possible to actually get *value* out of being on a forum like this, once you are a "millionaire" etc. They are ignorant to this, and I would even hazard a guess they they are takers more than givers. Fakers, event driven etc etc.
It's like saying to Michael Jordan why do you still practise your 3 pointers when you are already one of the best in the world? Why do you advise or give advice to other players for free when you've got millions and could live on a beach somewhere...etc
(They also forget for MJ specifically it gives his forum a USP over other competitors and any posts he makes will be doing hard work for years to come. +It makes he come across as more trust worthy, thats a big deal in the entrepreurial space.)

For those that do have this mentality, just a couple of reasons from my experience giving advice on another forum related to my old field;

1) It's nice to contribute
2) Be part of a community of like minded individuals
3) It can keep your mind fresh and current
4) It keeps you listening to the market (as MJ likes to say, or words to that effect)
5) You get to see how other experienced individuals look at certain things or would tackle certain issues when people look for advice
6) It is good case study experience. It gets you thinking outside of your world, and use your mind in a different way
7) It can be very fufilling when someone takes your advice/knowlegde and it CHANGES their lives
8) You gain knowledge or evolve how you think. It could be a post from a nobody that gets MJ or whoever to reflect on their experiences in a different manner- it may not even be a good post, just something that strikes a cord with them.
9) It can be interesting to see how different posters react to their golden nuggets of advice
10) Umm, maybe they enjoy part of the experience to?

and on and on.....

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
Santa, I was in no way being ironic. My good mood probably translated that into a surplus of enthusiasm, but I meant every word I said. Nice perspective by the way!

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
The man who is intent on making the most of his opportunities is too busy to bother about luck.
-B. C. Forbes

Great quotes, and for some reason this one really stands out for me. Love it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Santa, I was in no way being ironic. My good mood probably translated that into a surplus of enthusiasm, but I meant every word I said. Nice perspective by the way!

Yes, I misunderstood your meaning. I thought you meant, I'm baffled at how much time MJ spends on the forum answering threads cause he probably has better stuff to do. But you meant, I'm baffled at how much time MJ spends on the forum answering threads giving us all this knowledge for free!

:)

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
If he's quoting someone else, does that still count as defamation?

Here is the main question of his post:

Is a one-hit-wonder's advice on becoming a millionaire credible?

Why choose to ask such a question in the man's own house? Pretty distasteful if you ask me...

I think the answer rests on whether or not you see positive results as a consequence of consuming his material. I have, so I don't really care if he's a one hit wonder. Its a matter of taking what works for you and discarding the rest. He obviously did SOMETHING right.

Jason K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Mar 10, 2013
OMG someone anonymously said something on the internet?! Oh wow!

Haters get to hide behind anonymity and if I sue them and get their site take down, they can simply put it up again under another name. So let them sit there with their Doritos and Cokes spinning hate.

What newbies need to realize is that these haters glom onto the names of popular people and write controversial content...so they can (drumroll)...

Attract traffic to their own sites and sell their own products!

Find out for yourself.

Do your own research.

Expect that everyone popular will have haters. It's easy to be a hater. You don't have to develop your own reputation...you don't have to figure out what content to write...you don't even have to be right.

Look at the quality of a person's ideas. MJ's ideas are original. I've never seen the fastlane/slowlane/sidewalk explained this way, and it changed my approach to business.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
You're clearly a 16 year old boy. Chose wisely what you put inside your head because it can greatly affect your success or failure in the future.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Yeah ill stop i am gonna read your book i am at page 30

Book is finished now i am gonna find a business i am interested in i am 17 now i have little money 160 euros no job in school have much time available i live with my mom and sister any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!