The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Soliciting businesses not for sale to sell

bosco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 31, 2007
Interested in buying a coin car wash. Have been looking for years. As soon as I find one that is for sale, an offer is already on the table when I call.

I want to write a letter to send to all car washes in my target area advising them that if they are interested in selling to contact me.

Just not sure exactly how to write it best so it does not offend or get crumpled up and tossed into the garbage without a second thought.

Any suggestions? Has anyone ever done this with any success?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
My husband and I are entertaining the idea of a carwash as well. They do seem to be very popular and, if priced right, do not last long.

Here is a site I found the other day which has some really great ideas, as to how to go about finding a car wash for sale.

We have not tried any maillings; however, my husband is now in the habit of stopping at almost every car wash he sees, asking for the owner and trying to schedule some time with him/her. So far, the response has been great. They have been very open to discussing the business and a few have even accepted offers to lunch to discuss further (not necessarily sale but the business in general).

Good luck!!

http://www.carwashloans.com/Finding_an_Existing_Car_Wash_To_Buy.html

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
My dad bought 2 laundrymats in the past 7 years. Both were not for sale. He kept in contact with the owners every few months, and when they were ready to sell he was there.

bosco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the feedback folks!:banana:

Kurt...How did you initiate contact with the owners? What was the process like? Also, how long were you at it before you were able to come to an agreement?

Thanks again!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Bosco-

I got your pm, but I am answering this here.

I did not buy this my dad did. He stopping by the business and looking for the owner, asking questions on how to run the business. Basically, just befriending the guy and then mentioning that if he ever wanted to sell he would be interest. Then he just kept in contact every so often

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.