The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

RANT Businesses are nice before sale, any problems after sale they don’t respond

• Thread starter DeletedUser0287
  • Start date

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

D

DeletedUser0287

Why is this so common? Like getting really pissed when this happens now.

Before purchasing a product you have some questions, they answer them right away.

You buy the product...uh oh there is a problem like it doesn’t work right or poor quality.

you ask for a refund. Either they entirely ghost you now or severely delay response. Like we are talking weeks.

I am trying to imagine what they guys do. They see an email titled return, cringe/hide/runaway/“I will read that later or I’ll put this dead last on my priority list”/ just ignore this guy long enough so he forgets.

I have experience this 3 times in the last couple of weeks. What is up with these businesses. I honestly feel like some people here do this with their business or worse end up blaming the customer.

It’s so funny, I send another email about a product I’m interested in. I get a response for that new product inquiry andstill didn’t get a response for the return.

For the rare times I got a return for my business in the past, guess what I immediately resolved it.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Reactions: Kid

MrTrash757

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 31, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI
Why is this so common? Like getting really pissed when this happens now.

Before purchasing a product you have some questions, they answer them right away.

You buy the product...uh oh there is a problem like it doesn’t work right or poor quality.

you ask for a refund. Either they entirely ghost you now or severely delay response. Like we are talking weeks.

I am trying to imagine what they guys do. They see an email titled return, cringe/hide/runaway/“I will read that later or I’ll put this dead last on my priority list”/ just ignore this guy long enough so he forgets.

I have experience this 3 times in the last couple of weeks. What is up with these businesses. I honestly feel like some people here do this with their business or worse end up blaming the customer.

It’s so funny, I send another email about a product I’m interested in. I get a response for that new product inquiry andstill didn’t get a response for the return.

For the rare times I got a return for my business in the past, guess what I immediately resolved it.
I think its trying to do more with less, but failing because of a lack of processes & SOPs.

Seeing this in my full time job too, but I am the person that controls the process and such so I am slowly fixing it :)

Merlox

New Contributor
Jan 11, 2016
Nobody cares about the aftersale. I've seen it in lots of businesses because they think they won't get any more money from you. When in reality they could've gotten more money if they provided a superior customer experience like github does.

What ends up happening is them losing a recurring customer and all the referrals they could've gotten. It's as simple as providing a live chat where people actually respond on time.

Last edited:

Lyinx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I've just had this happen to me, but on the other side of the coin... and I really felt like "ghosting" him because he's being an idiot...

Customer orders something, shipping to Ireland is 6 to 10 days with priority mail, or 6 to 10 weeks with first class... but he asks for first class shipping.
I verify that the time frame is acceptable (6 to 10 weeks) and he is ok with it

4 weeks later... where is my box? why haven't I gotten it yet? I want a refund!!!

I said "but you were ok with 6 to 10 weeks when you placed the order"

I still ended up giving him a full refund (sigh) to make him happy, and hopefully more business in the future.

Sometimes it's the business, sometimes it's the customer asking for something that we can't give.

If the customer would ask it in a different tone then sometimes it's easier to do something for them... (sigh)

Hope that helps :)

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
I still ended up giving him a full refund (sigh) to make him happy, and hopefully more business in the future.
Why do you want more future business from this character?

Better to keep the money and lose the customer if they are going to behave like this.

As long as your communication was clear, and there is zero chance of a misunderstanding, then do what’s fair for both parties. Don’t cave to unrealistic demands.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I've just had this happen to me, but on the other side of the coin... and I really felt like "ghosting" him because he's being an idiot...

Customer orders something, shipping to Ireland is 6 to 10 days with priority mail, or 6 to 10 weeks with first class... but he asks for first class shipping.

4 weeks later... where is my box? why haven't I gotten it yet? I want a refund!!!

Sometimes it's the business, sometimes it's the customer asking for something that we can't give.

If the customer would ask it in a different tone then sometimes it's easier to do something for them... (sigh)

Thanks to COVID I'm back on the front line doing customer service, I've had a few customers like this, I might refund the shipping but not the product, if the communication with them is clear before I send it they aren't getting charity out of me for being a dick. Like @amp0193 said. I laugh when people try it on then threaten to shame me on social media. Sure tell everyone how you're an idiot, you'll either get called out, or get support from other idiots, either way I don't care.

If you can't tell it's been a rough day :happy:

Lyinx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Thanks to COVID I'm back on the front line doing customer service, I've had a few customers like this, I might refund the shipping but not the product, if the communication with them is clear before I send it they aren't getting charity out of me for being a dick. Like @amp0193 said. I laugh when people try it on then threaten to shame me on social media. Sure tell everyone how you're an idiot, you'll either get called out, or get support from other idiots, either way I don't care.

If you can't tell it's been a rough day :happy:
For me it's either a full refund or none... some reason I went with a full refund on this one as the shipping was more than the product itself.
Customer service is a terrible place to be, I cannot understand how anyone would work in it as their full-time job...

OP
OP
D

DeletedUser0287

In this day and age, anyone can

Yeah, I mean my problem is the product is defective, but they are trying to claim user error...I have a similar product that works wonders. Theirs sucks

karakoram

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2011
sounds like an opportunity to do better than them.

Private Witt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2018
Seattle
I've had this issue with business deals in both cannabis and music. Once the dance of the deal and the money is slid over for many players they become ghosts and do the bare minimum, is why I do small deals first and see how they operate. Never ceases to amaze me as we still work in the same space and the chances for bigger deals drop to zero.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Reactions: Kid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
What’s the minimum amount of skills and knowledge needed to start the course ? This is...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock