The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Software Designer

Michael Rhodas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 8, 2018
Midwest, USA
Hello, I am a software designer that focuses on data-driven cloud web platforms. I have a software engineering degree. I enjoy all parts of the tech industry and development operations. Please come to me to talk about the modern software industry. I love to simply discuss the tech industry, big picture ideas, and just general strategy and methods to enhance entrepreneur skills.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 220px-Nyan_cat_250px_frame.png
    220px-Nyan_cat_250px_frame.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Hello, I am a software designer that focuses on data-driven cloud web platforms. I have a software engineering degree. I enjoy all parts of the tech industry and development operations. Please come to me to talk about the modern software industry. I love to simply discuss the tech industry, big picture ideas, and just general strategy and methods to enhance entrepreneur skills.

Welcome Michael. Have you read MJ's books? I have a tech background myself and am looking at how to still keep one foot in that world, but transition more to entrepreneurship.

One question I can ask you right away. In a nutshell, how would explain what DevOps is all about, to someone who's not a technologist?

Michael Rhodas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 8, 2018
Midwest, USA
Hey Bloomer,

I have not had time to read the book quite yet, but I will get to it at some point in the next few months. Have to take care of a few goals first.

Development Operations in my opinion, or how I like to approach it, is finding the most efficient technology to use to have your team complete the task. In a software engineering project, it is good to understand the technical details that make these platforms cutting edge and share that with your team to get them on the same motivation level that you feel about the tech. If a programmer suggests a different platform, pro and con the two and decide what is truly better based on facts and slight, recognized bias. I have seen older programmers force companies to stay in old platforms which causes some unique problems. Not always bad, but embracing the right technologies will grow your business further than staying in your ways. I have also seen some technologies fail. It is always good to risk assess scraping a project and decide when the deadline for results is which is heavily discussed with all mgmt->individuals involved. If you can carry the emotional labor of the team into victory through emotional contagion and teamwork, you will make a fine product if the business analyst/whoever gives the green light with the democratic decision to move forward.

Taking all this and more into consideration gives you a great big/little picture Development Operations lead imo.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...