The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

DarekW

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 17, 2022
Hy guys
I have a little problem with the validation of my idea. I want to create a website where I compare the prices of some products in a particular industry. The Google Keyword Planner tool shows that there is a market for my product. There are between 10 - 100 thousand searches per month. I tried cold emailing my market, but got 0 responses.

I can't validate my product by searching for language patterns such as "I hate" or "I need."

I think there is no other way but to just make this website and see what the market thinks about it.

I think maybe you have some ideas on how I can prove my idea in a different way?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Hy guys
I have a little problem with the validation of my idea. I want to create a website where I compare the prices of some products in a particular industry. The Google Keyword Planner tool shows that there is a market for my product. There are between 10 - 100 thousand searches per month. I tried cold emailing my market, but got 0 responses.

I can't validate my product by searching for language patterns such as "I hate" or "I need."

I think there is no other way but to just make this website and see what the market thinks about it.

I think maybe you have some ideas on how I can prove my idea in a different way?
If you have a product idea (that you know solves a problem), you could ask your target market if they'd be interested?

DarekW

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 17, 2022
If you have a product idea (that you know solves a problem), you could ask your target market if they'd be interested?
I my opinion it solves a problem, but what I think about and what market think is two completely different things. My problem is that when I ask market no one answers me.
I think problem also could be in the specification of my target market. Because my website will serve a businesses which offer something to buy in the way of promotion and also will serve buyers to compare prices and find the better one. And buyers also could be businesses and common customers

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
I my opinion it solves a problem, but what I think about and what market think is two completely different things. My problem is that when I ask market no one answers me.
I think problem also could be in the specification of my target market. Because my website will serve a businesses which offer something to buy in the way of promotion and also will serve buyers to compare prices and find the better one. And buyers also could be businesses and common customers
Isn't that something like Honey? A tool that's used to find people the lowest discount of a product?

Perhaps try honing down on who your target market is (you may be able to find them on a subreddit if it's B2C) (A). See what they complain about (B). Then make an offer to them as if the product is being made. (C)

I did this and was able to drum up some interest.

For example,

Hey A, saw a thread you had about x. I'm actually writing a book on how to <what they want> <minus problem that's keeping them from getting what they want>.

I messaged the people who created these threads and had problems in it. And was thus able to "soft proof" it this way. As Andy once said, you may not need a website, you just need sales.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DarekW

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 17, 2022
Isn't that something like Honey? A tool that's used to find people the lowest discount of a product?

Perhaps try honing down on who your target market is (you may be able to find them on a subreddit if it's B2C) (A). See what they complain about (B). Then make an offer to them as if the product is being made. (C)

I did this and was able to drum up some interest.

For example,

Hey A, saw a thread you had about x. I'm actually writing a book on how to <what they want> <minus problem that's keeping them from getting what they want>.

I messaged the people who created these threads and had problems in it. And was thus able to "soft proof" it this way. As Andy once said, you may not need a website, you just need sales.
You know what, your thread is actually genius. I was asking on Reddit by creating a new thread and no one wanted to answer me, but by asking specific people chances that someone will answer are much higher. I will definitely try this.

And answering your question, I never use Honey, but I don’t think it is something that I mean. I want to create a website to compare prices on the same product in different places in one industry. And only in one specific industry. Let's say you want to buy t-shirts and you want to compare offerts and there are hundreds of companies that are willing to sell you that. You want to know who offers the best quality product at the cheapest price in your location.
The same is true of my website, but in the industry I have chosen, purchases are made in the thousands, so a price difference of 50 cents makes a very big difference

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.