D
DeletedUser394
Guest
and I'm not content. Haven't done much with my life up to this point, and I'm slated to go back to school in a month.
Basically I want some adventure.. maybe move to another country for a year or two (or forever), screw university altogether, get a job (have one currently), and build a business on the side.
I have a very boring life, and am too dependent on family for most things (a roof over my head being the biggest thing I guess). I want to finally achieve independence.
I'd like to build something, in a new place, starting off on my own.. thoughts? Anyone ever feel like this?
I don't want to slog through school for another 4-5 years (which is what is about to happen), and I'm annoyed/frustrated with most of my family. I don't have many (okay any lol) friends in the city I live in now, so there's really nothing keeping me here.
I know there are many countries with incredibly low cost of living (yes, standards are lower as well... so long as I don't get some kind of disease and die within a month of being there, that'd be nice).. so if I got some crap job (or two) and was able to support myself fully while experiencing new things in a new place I think I'd be happy... or at least happier than I am now. There isn't a country on earth, that I wouldn't consider moving to (well, North Korea, Cuba, etc are out obviously)... but China seems interesting.
I like exploring and seeing new things. After a while being in the same place/situation it gets old and I want to move on. I'm open to moving anywhere and doing anything.
I speak french, so that opens up another 40+ countries as valid possibilities.
The problem I can think off of the top of my head would have to do with visas/travel restrictions. I'm Canadian (not american) if that changes any options, etc.
Anyway, would like to hear if anyone has any ideas/suggestions/opinions/personal stories/experiences.
I'd even work for someone for free if it meant room/board/food was covered. I'm just tired/frustrated of the same old thing, with the same people, and the same crap regurgitated and served up each and every day. I want some adventure and excitement, and I feel now is as good a time as any.
Don't get me wrong, life is decent at the moment.. but there's so much room for improvement.
Basically I want some adventure.. maybe move to another country for a year or two (or forever), screw university altogether, get a job (have one currently), and build a business on the side.
I have a very boring life, and am too dependent on family for most things (a roof over my head being the biggest thing I guess). I want to finally achieve independence.
I'd like to build something, in a new place, starting off on my own.. thoughts? Anyone ever feel like this?
I don't want to slog through school for another 4-5 years (which is what is about to happen), and I'm annoyed/frustrated with most of my family. I don't have many (okay any lol) friends in the city I live in now, so there's really nothing keeping me here.
I know there are many countries with incredibly low cost of living (yes, standards are lower as well... so long as I don't get some kind of disease and die within a month of being there, that'd be nice).. so if I got some crap job (or two) and was able to support myself fully while experiencing new things in a new place I think I'd be happy... or at least happier than I am now. There isn't a country on earth, that I wouldn't consider moving to (well, North Korea, Cuba, etc are out obviously)... but China seems interesting.
I like exploring and seeing new things. After a while being in the same place/situation it gets old and I want to move on. I'm open to moving anywhere and doing anything.
I speak french, so that opens up another 40+ countries as valid possibilities.
The problem I can think off of the top of my head would have to do with visas/travel restrictions. I'm Canadian (not american) if that changes any options, etc.
Anyway, would like to hear if anyone has any ideas/suggestions/opinions/personal stories/experiences.
I'd even work for someone for free if it meant room/board/food was covered. I'm just tired/frustrated of the same old thing, with the same people, and the same crap regurgitated and served up each and every day. I want some adventure and excitement, and I feel now is as good a time as any.
Don't get me wrong, life is decent at the moment.. but there's so much room for improvement.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
