The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I’m officially skint at 40 AND getting out of prison

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
Screw the job. Start your own business, be valuable to your customers, and no one will care about your past. That's why we're here, to write our own destiny, not to give it to some company.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on moving in the right direction.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco

So your the man behind the book?

I have ordered it and will be starting The Millionaire Fastlane on Thursday when its delivered.

I will be starting my own business fore sure MJ but as I stated in a previous reply "I have to know the foundations of what I am doing before letting my entrepreneurial spirit take over"

I have chosen digital marketing including SEO, PPC, Content writing, and Analytics and Data to learn before making a full on onslaught of the market haha.

Any advice is welcome.

I will let you know how I get on with your book when it arrives @MJ DeMarco

Can you also confirm that the book I've just ordered was published on December 2011 and this is the latest edition?

Many thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JG17

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Oct 22, 2018
London, UK
Hi mate,

A lot of people in your position would stay in a negative spiral, congratulations for not being 'a lot of people'. I must also congratulate you for ending up here, a lot of people (in fact, most) people settle for a scripted life as you'll read about in Unscripted . Again, you're not 'a lot of people'. That is step one.

Where abouts in the UK are you from if I may ask. Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

Have you considered starting a blog about one of your interests? Wait, don't stop reading yet, there's a reason I'm suggesting this! You say before starting your own company that you want to learn the skills, which of course is a good way to go. But instead of (or alongside) paying for courses and reading books, you can put what you are learning into practice and learn with a real life case study that relies on YOU bringing in the results, just like your future clients will be relying on your company. SEO, PPC, Content writing, and Analytics & Data are all key to running a successful blog. Startup costs are generally low, you don't need to be a technological genius to install and use WordPress, and maybe one day you can use it as part of your portfolio and/or to funnel clicks to your business site. I'm thinking aloud here, but I think it could be a good way to learn and you'd have something tangible (as tangible as a website can be) to show for it.

Good luck.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
If there was anything I could do for you I would.
You can. You can be a smashing F*cking success for @Bekit .
Then you can pay it forward to the next one coming behind you.
DM @Bekit for her contact info. 1 year from today let her know how you are doing. Put the reminder in your calendar right now. Put a link to this thread in the reminder and post here as well.

Now go kick some a$$.

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
You can. You can be a smashing f*cking success for @Bekit .
Then you can pay it forward to the next one coming behind you.
DM @Bekit for her contact info. 1 year from today let her know how you are doing. Put the reminder in your calendar right now. Put a link to this thread in the reminder and post here as well.

Now go kick some a$$.

Don't mix your words ZCP haha.

I will keep in contact and let you all know how much TIME I've earned to be be a better Dad and Partner.

Top man

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
Welcome to the forum, @Give100% ! I think it's interesting that your circumstances might force you down a path that will save you in the long run: entrepreneurship. These hard times present you also with opportunity that you might not have realized if you had not been arrested. You can do this!
I also recommend reading both The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted as soon as possible, because they both provide great guidance to starting a business and the mindset required, which, to me, is the most challenging aspect of entrepreneurship.

@Raoul Duke , thanks for the links to the threads. I am relatively new to this forum, also, and I will read those.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
The question in my mind is "Has everyone absolutley smashed it and are millionaires to have the time to help not just me, but I'm sure plenty of others in looking to be successful?"

No, not everyone on here is a millionaire, I'm not. However most people have the 'fastlane' mindset.

That is to say we understand about the value of giving... value!

The more practised you are in providing value, the better you get at seeking it out. The best businesses are the ones that fulfil a need and provide excellent value, because people will pay as much as they can afford if you provide them with something they need.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
If you have experience in dealing just stick with flipping items as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Im assuming your good at sales if you know the underground ropes, look into car flipping and stuff like that. Easy few hundred bucks a sale.... and the product isn't illegal, I've done bikes at a few hundred bucks a pop.

Hows the food in jail? Never been but should be in there :D

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Consider selling something with a recurring element to it.

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
If you have experience in dealing just stick with flipping items as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Im assuming your good at sales if you know the underground ropes, look into car flipping and stuff like that. Easy few hundred bucks a sale.... and the product isn't illegal, I've done bikes at a few hundred bucks a pop.

Hows the food in jail? Never been but should be in there :D

Hello mate

Well I’m looking, and think I’ve found, a product in the form of digital marketing that I can use my networking skills and business sense to carve a new, successful, stress free, life for me and and my family.

I’m released in 6 months so have to focus all my energy in to this venture. I will always find deals legally where I can add to my income but I’ve learned you need a minimum of 2 incomes. Hard work and time draining but I’m sure every successful person will tell you that is is the price we have to pay.

As for the jail thing, it’s all about how you deal with your time because there is a lot of DEAD time. This often leads to self reflection and and understanding YOURSELF and who you want to be. Well that is what happened with me.

I have missed 3 years of my daughters life from age 1-4. My WEALTH will now be measured in family time and unfortunately to do this, money is an issue. I will not care though about materialistic things so once again this can be substituted to giving my family, security, stability, my time, and I’m sure a better start in life.

And as for the food, it’s shit hahaha. Xmas dinner for 2 years has been 2 slices of turkey and a bit of veg. Avoid at all costs

Chat you later

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
I have missed 3 years of my daughters life from age 1-4. My WEALTH will now be measured in family time and unfortunately to do this, money is an issue. I will not care though about materialistic things so once again this can be substituted to giving my family, security, stability, my time, and I’m sure a better start in life.

It's easy to get sucked into consumerism, so it's good that you are not materialistic, because that attitude will help you stay away from debt, which in turn will help you be able to perhaps work for yourself instead of someone else. When my youngest was 2 (both my kids are grown and in college now), I worked long, long hours. I vowed that I wouldn't do that again, because kids grow up fast, and life is short. I think @MJ DeMarco said in one of his books that if you have to ask yourself if you can afford it, then you probably can't. To me, whatever you can buy isn't as important as spending time with your kids. Also, don't beat yourself up for missing the first few years of her life. You are with her now, and that is what matters.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...