What's new

Small introduction on myself

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

tpatenaude

New Contributor
Joined
Mar 14, 2024
Messages
2
Rep Bank
$90
User Power: 100%
Greetings everyone!

My name is Thomas, I'm 21 years old (soon 22), I live in Canada, and I study Computer Science. Around this summer, I realized that I found time flew by too quickly, and wanted to make a change in my life, instead of just being sucked into a routine: It seems like when you're a kid, you have all the time in the world, but as you grow up, time seems to fly so quickly! Anyways, I started making do small changes: began reading self-improvement books, wanted to lift everyday, learned how to type on a computer properly, express gratitude everyday etc. (I have read books that are quite popular in the self-improvement genre like Atomic Habits, 48 Laws Of Power, A Random Walk Down Wall Street, and the infamous Think and Grow Rich. For the latter book, I do feel like it has some useful content, but as I learned about the author, I did sort of disassociate from it.

I was first introduced to the idea of the Fastlane through the incredible video of James Jani, on YouTube. I bought it last week, and I just finished it today. And I really appreciated the read! The one stick that really struck me, was when the MJ talked about the Slowlane, and the faulty idea of "hope". Related to my education, I chose Computer Science as I enjoy Math, Programming, puzzles etc. I also chose this major as it was deemed by "a lot of people" to be a very safe major. I even saw of posts circa 2020 of people making 100k+ salaries while only working 10-15 hour weeks. For a very anxious guy, I thought this was perfect! But we see today that although Tech is still a booming field, there are a lot of layoffs and the Entry Level jobs are quite competitive now (Although the case is true for all sorts of white-collar jobs, not just Computer Science).

When some people see some other people with XYZ that is expensive/see someone that is rich, the reactions vary but usually they feel some envy, jealousy, anger etc. In my case, I always feel nervous, because in my mind I automatically result to "if that person can do it, why aren't you doing too?" But by reading the book, I understand now that most people just see the result and don't see the hard work.

Anyways, maybe this wasn't so much of a "short" introduction, but I'm eager to see the forums' posts!

Thanks for reading,

Thomas
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Og zua moli DT, nevj, qabbmit ivd. vjot qsucecmz niept zua esi e hsiev qsucmin tumwis. Iwisz vidjpodem qsucmin op catopitt ot e tnemm qabbmi epf ataemmz zua piif e muv ug vipedovz vu iyqmusi tiwisem quttocmi tumavoupt cigusi zua gopf upi vjev ot huuf ipuahj. Katv ewuof qisgidvoupotn epf vji dungusv/tegivz ug genomoesovz xjip vjoploph ug vjiti tumavoupt.
 
Og zua moli DT, nevj, qabbmit ivd. vjot qsucecmz niept zua esi e hsiev qsucmin tumwis. Iwisz vidjpodem qsucmin op catopitt ot e tnemm qabbmi epf ataemmz zua piif e muv ug vipedovz vu iyqmusi tiwisem quttocmi tumavoupt cigusi zua gopf upi vjev ot huuf ipuahj. Katv ewuof qisgidvoupotn epf vji dungusv/tegivz ug genomoesovz xjip vjoploph ug vjiti tumavoupt.
Vjepl zua gus vji siqmz! O xomm veli vjev opvu duptofisevoup.

Et gus qsucmin tumwoph, O lpux O'n puv vji citv cav onqsuwi iwiszfez.

Zua'si figopovimz sohjv ecuav qisgidvoupotn!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom